Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 01:36 AM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
Help With Playing Graal Smoothly

Ok, well I play Graal completely fine on my laptop, but not my actual PC.

That is my connection, and I have usually 70-80ms on Era. So when I minizmize my screen to a really small resolution it works fine, but when it is in full screen I was super slow, but have no lag at all. How can I fix this?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:01 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Say 'showlag' on Era and look at the FPS. It should be between 18-22 at all times. If it's not you're lagging. Let me know where you have the highest drop in FPS and I can try to fix up those spots. If you find an area where you're lagging significantly more than others, say "showscriptstats", press F2, then look in "Scripts" and paste the message in there.

Unfortunately, some of the slowdown is unavoidable from a server's standpoint as it's a problem with the Graal client. Do you lag on servers like UN with less custom systems?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:05 AM
I never play UN. I play Era and Zodiac and lag on both of them. My FPS ranges from 19-21 on Era. I think it is because of Windows 7 though, isn't it? Because Graal ran fine on my old computer (XP). Also how do you uninstall graal?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
You can't necessarily uninstall graal. They never put in a uninstaller. If someone could tell you how to remove the cookies from the installation + remove all the files n such or however you wish to go about it. Good luck fixing your problem.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:31 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
You can't necessarily uninstall graal. They never put in a uninstaller. If someone could tell you how to remove the registry values from the installation + remove all the files n such or however you wish to go about it. Good luck fixing your problem.
You can reinstall Graal by deleting the folder (and if you're really picky, removing the relevant registry values) but that won't fix the lag problem unfortunately.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:33 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Thanks for correcting me Chris.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:38 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchaseofdoom View Post
I never play UN. I play Era and Zodiac and lag on both of them. My FPS ranges from 19-21 on Era. I think it is because of Windows 7 though, isn't it? Because Graal ran fine on my old computer (XP). Also how do you uninstall graal?
Disable Aero Effects here.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Disable Aero Effects here.
Didn't help much Unless I need to do it on my Dad's and Brother's profile too.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Didn't help much Unless I need to do it on my Dad's and Brother's profile too.
Try updating your video drivers.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Try updating your video drivers.
How to do this?
Old 07-09-2010, 03:43 AM
the fake one
Quote:
How to do this?
Right click "My Computer", "Properties", "Hardware", "Device Manager". Look under "Display adapters" to see the graphics card you have (e.g. "nVIDIA 9600"). Go to the site for the graphics card manufacturer (Google it) and download the drivers.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:49 AM
team canada
Quote:
How to do this?
First step is narrowing down your video card manufacturer:

1. Press Start/Windows Key
2. Type "dxdiag" into the search text box (without quotes)
3. DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open, and you will have to click the Display 1 tab at the top of it's window.
4. You will now see the Name and Manufacturer of the device in top left group box.

There are only 3 major graphic chipsets out these days, if you don't have one of them you will have to skip to the note at the bottom.

If it says ATI go here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If it says Nvidia go here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If it says Intel go here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

When you're on those sites it's just a matter of using the Name of the device to track down the right one.

Note: If you have a brand-name computer (Toshiba, Acer, HP, etc.) and can't find the appropriate drivers from the sites above you need to go to their support website, and look up the computer model, and download the drivers from there.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:41 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
see if this helps, it helped me slightly on my laptop and i think it helped andrew a little bit too

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...6&postcount=36
Old 07-09-2010, 07:15 AM
It helped slightly but not a big impact, I still appreciate it and thanks Crono.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:20 AM
team canada
Looks like you're in the same boat as everyone else who's client is currently slow but will probably see a major speed improvement when V6 is actually released to public.