Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 10:22 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Where can I find Developers?

This only came to the top of my head a few minutes ago,
But wouldn't it attract more developers having a tab that starts hidden, such as a plus sign you could click that shows all the other undeveloped servers?

Perhaps developers could check out all the servers and try to get in contact with the server they would like to work with since many of the servers may have good contact yet lack the people to help further improvement.

I think this would also show Graal as a much larger PC community since there are often a few people on these undeveloped servers. Who knows, maybe even players will like these undeveloped servers more than the four classic servers.

Could this work, I don't know;
but it is my opinion that it is worth a try.

David K?

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
It kind of branches on to My Login Faves thread that I made. But I think that if the server needed help, it could just post a thread in the hiring section of the forums. That way, it wouldn't attract new players who knew nothing about developing and only want to dance on a rooftop with a golden nickname. Good idea though.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
This is something that had already been the case in the past, so must have been removed for a reason.
Keep in mind many "hidden" servers are not meant to be publicly accessible, whether a special dev server or as a private rented server.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
David K?
They would find out when they join and are kicked off though, I'm sure they would get back on and try another server, later finding out it is only that server that is closed off for them... If I were new I'd start testing every server and I doubt I'd let being kicked off get in my way to joining. Although, it did almost deter me from playing Era when I joined, it started loading something, and then my client crashed...

I did however try again and it let me on, so it does have a slight deterrence from trying again.. I don't think players would mind having servers they can't get on being shown, but it would be nice if it were mentioned in the description depending what the server owner picks...

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
They would find out when they join and are kicked off though, I'm sure they would get back on and try another server, later finding out it is only that server that is closed off for them... If I were new I'd start testing every server and I doubt I'd let being kicked off get in my way to joining. Although, it did almost deter me from playing Era when I joined, it started loading something, and then my client crashed...

I did however try again and it let me on, so it does have a slight deterrence from trying again.. I don't think players would mind having servers they can't get on being shown, but it would be nice if it were mentioned in the description depending what the server owner picks...
"Classic iPhone"

"click click"

"You have been disconnected from the server"

"Era iPhone"

"click click"

"Classic iPhone 2"

"click click"

"Login"

"click click"

"Huh, nothing seems to be happening"

"Rented server"

"click click"

"This server is Staff Only"
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Delterian Hybrid
And doesn't it also send a message to the RC in iEra and iClassic when a false RC tries to log onto the server? Imagine the spam...
Old 08-16-2011, 11:00 PM
David K?
Again, it would be good to have it listed in the description lmao.. I don't believe I've bothered to try to log into all the servers when I had RC.

I'm only stating word of mouth doesn't always get around to everyone, and in a lot of cases can be considered spam. I'm sure they could find out a way to hide certain servers that people are not able to join... But I don't know how setting your server to private works.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 08-17-2011, 02:51 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Even for non-developers finding UC servers are a pain. The only real way is the forums/word of mouth/checking RC list. Sometimes you just want to see whats out there, but this system prevents that.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:05 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Even for non-developers finding UC servers are a pain. The only real way is the forums/word of mouth/checking RC list. Sometimes you just want to see whats out there, but this system prevents that.
Unless you have RC and only a 5th of the players online have RC.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:11 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Servers that want developers to find them can also do the work to get on the hosted tab.

If you are a developer looking for a server, you most likely know how to use RC and can use that server-list to find a dev server with people on it.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:34 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
"Can I have an admin job" comes to mind when I think of all the UC servers listed publicly. *shudders*
Old 08-17-2011, 11:44 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
"Can I have an admin job" comes to mind when I think of all the UC servers listed publicly. *shudders*
"can i b admin" "No." "lol **** u this server is **** anyways"
Old 08-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Pretty much what will happen. It will just annoy developers who don't wish to make there server staff only. Constantly being annoyed by 9 year old's asking for admin jobs.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
You can find devs on tigsource

Old 08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Lol, that happens in a lot of top positions. I've seen it happen on Graal often, but as soon as I seen this it reminded me of OMGPOP.com, and a room I created. Someone kept wanting to be a Mod, and after I kept politely saying no, maybe if I see you often, he later said **** this room, I'm not coming back!

Although he came back and asked six hours later..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz