Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 01:54 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
It's named after an object called a Grail. However, it is not spelled the same way.

Last edited by Draenin; 02-02-2013 at 02:31 AM..
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
It's named after an object called a Grail. However, it is not spelled the same way.
sorry i forgot the sun orbits america. the sun godess blessed the settlers with the english language and the european savages bastardised the holy language. then they made graal.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
cup
Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Babylon Co-Manager
Pandar has a spectacular aura aboutPandar has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
sorry i forgot the sun orbits america. the sun godess blessed the settlers with the english language and the european savages bastardised the holy language. then they made graal.
a for effort d for achievement
Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...4&postcount=12
Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Det är namngivet efter ett objekt kallat en Gral.

What you're saying would make sense if the game was made in USA and had the title Grail Online.

Because it's spelled otherwise than the english word would indicate that it doesn't sound the same. Graal is german, gral is swedish, grail is english. The first two is pronounce grahl, not grayl like the latter one.

Also, the two A's suggest a longer sounded A, which is also stated if you follow Minoc's trail of links above.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_Pira
What you're saying would make sense if the game was made in USA and had the title Grail Online.

Because it's spelled otherwise than the english word would indicate that it doesn't sound the same. Graal is german, gral is swedish, grail is english. The first two is pronounce grahl, not grayl like the latter one.
Like I said, I pronounce it "Grahl" or "Grr-all" more often than not, but all I'm saying is that it's named after the object.

It's good that you bring up language discrepancies as well, though, because it's true that the word is actually pronounced differently in other countries.

Oddly enough, I'm actually reading The Once and Future King by T.H. White which is a more modernized version of Le Morte d'Arthur, which contains tales like The Sword and the Stone and part of the search for the Holy Grail. In some dialogue, it's spelled differently depending on each character's dialect because they come from all over Europe. Fantastic read, should you ever want to read more tales about it.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:55 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
grawl
Old 02-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
I used to pronounce it "grahl", but seeing as it's an old spelling of "grail", and it refers to the same things, I've since pronounced it "grail".
Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I dont speak the name of this game