Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2011, 04:37 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Red face Would anyone want to...

I was wondering, since I'll be home soon, if anyone would want to work on a rogue-like. An rpg in its simplest form. The server would have extremely simple graphics and tiles to work with, having almost no ganis... and instead, focusing on gameplay with large dungeons and tonnnssss of items to discover and use. If I thought of games it would relate to, Id say it would resemble Legends of yore, dungeons of dreadmor, or Shards of the sun ( I think it was called...), with yore being single player, it is also my largest influence dor the idea :P.

Anyhow, just looking for opinions and maybe some offers of help. Would mainly need 1 or 2 productive scripters and a lat or two.

While roguelikes often are based on grinding, I think it would be wise to focus on skill gains and a large range of levels to make pk and pve more competitive.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
There is only one worthy rogue-like, and that is Nethack.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Permanent deaths included?