Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Bookshelf

Here is a little thing I made in the past hour to waste time.

C&C please.

Name:  Bookshelf.png
Views: 381
Size:  2.6 KB
Old 07-24-2009, 03:13 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
It looks too flat, the colors don't really change from the top part to the front.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:18 AM
Ignorance has no future
How do you suppose I fix this? I thought straight images were suppose to look flat.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:20 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
I thought straight images were suppose to look flat.
It has no depth. That's what he's saying. That's what he's always saying. That's what everyone is always saying FOREVER.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Ignorance has no future
Maybe that's the style I make it in.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:05 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You made a big deal about how this bookshelf is Graal related, so it had better be made in a style fitting of Graal, not your slapped together way.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You made a big deal about how this bookshelf is Graal related, so it had better be made in a style fitting of Graal, not your slapped together way.
Take it easy, it's not like he shot someone. Atleast try to give some helpful information.

Try looking at other pixel artists work. Use an image as a reference and try to duplicate the style.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Old 07-24-2009, 04:24 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P View Post
Take it easy, it's not like he shot someone. Atleast try to give some helpful information.

Try looking at other pixel artists work. Use an image as a reference and try to duplicate the style.
He responds to everyone "no this is my style, you are wrong", and it's getting old.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
  • The books are bright, saturated, and too repetitive. It doesn't contrast well at all.
  • The books are badly shaded, giving off some kind of weird non-book-like texture. I don't know why you've gone for this 'technique' when it's a bookend you're trying to convey.
  • The overall perspective isn't fully there. The top should be brought down more.
  • You're using a gradient overlay in an attempt to bring perspective -- it isn't working, especially with how you've applied it.
  • I'm not a fan of the golden book tops, they aren't defined too well, especially towards the top of the shelf. I'd personally just get rid of those as you'll never see something like that on books that are multicoloured and organized in such a way.
Slap on a texture and it'd fit right into Zodiac, otherwise it could really do with an overhaul.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
]
Slap on a texture and it'd fit right into Zodiac
Can't tell if that's a compliment or not.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:49 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Can't tell if that's a compliment or not.
Yes you can.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:07 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I lol'd at this thread.

Quote:
If that's the attitude you're going to have then there is no point in asking for criticism.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Empty the shelf a bit not all book shelves are filled with matching books

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
  • The books are bright, saturated, and too repetitive. It doesn't contrast well at all.
  • The books are badly shaded, giving off some kind of weird non-book-like texture. I don't know why you've gone for this 'technique' when it's a bookend you're trying to convey.
  • The overall perspective isn't fully there. The top should be brought down more.
  • You're using a gradient overlay in an attempt to bring perspective -- it isn't working, especially with how you've applied it.
  • I'm not a fan of the golden book tops, they aren't defined too well, especially towards the top of the shelf. I'd personally just get rid of those as you'll never see something like that on books that are multicoloured and organized in such a way.
Slap on a texture and it'd fit right into Zodiac, otherwise it could really do with an overhaul.

Uhm, you maybe right but I think you get the perspective thing wrong, those golden tops are the pages..