Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Can I ask why Graal Ghetto was chosen after it's already had a chance at Hosted, and the owner is known for (and banned for on several servers for) CSTing, USDing, abusing, spawning, and stealing content?
I have the same question. To be honest with you Chris, I dont even know how they have managed to stay up this long. So some new changes have been made like taking Spawn's tileset, of course using all the stolen content they had before. Its the same type of staff on there, a guy named Death Ninja for PR Admin, random noobs as ETS PRs and other positions. I mean why do they get away with all this stolen stuff, abuse, etc? Why?

Playing that server is only a big headache
Old 10-01-2009, 10:00 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Rofl.
I would, if there was no Obs.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Days View Post
I have the same question. To be honest with you Chris, I dont even know how they have managed to stay up this long. So some new changes have been made like taking Spawn's tileset, of course using all the stolen content they had before. Its the same type of staff on there, a guy named Death Ninja for PR Admin, random noobs as ETS PRs and other positions. I mean why do they get away with all this stolen stuff, abuse, etc? Why?

Playing that server is only a big headache
this ^
agreed to 110%
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Lmao, playing spawn is annoying. Yet, most playerworld have stolen content and some extent of abuse.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:26 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	teehee.JPG
Views:	759
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	49534  
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Chang
DesolateRestriction will become famous soon enough
It is too much to ask for the PWA to post their own constructive criticism (possibly even their o$wn reviews) for playerworlds put on preview?
I feel like having something like that would be beneficial to hiring process for those playerworlds.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
What would there be to review? The servers are far from playable, nor do I think they are intended to be.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Zenox

Logging on, my account was reset by the npcserver, and I was disconnected. How wonderful. After that, when I logged on again, I was spammed with about 4 different windows, each overlapping each other.

I went to the newbie course, which is actually a series of frustrating puzzles. Fell in to the water twice. Logged off.

Graal Ghetto

Logging on, I was sent in to Observer Mode. Right when I was about to log out, Observer Mode ended. What luck. Again, I was spammed with 3 windows, each overlapping each other. "Voteing" is not a word. "Should I do the event Now? or later" is not a correct sentence.

Your music just kicked in. It's annoying as hell. I can't figure out how to make it stop. So, I'm logging off. There was probably nothing to do anyways.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Coldest Ice
The_Ice_Cold is on a distinguished road
Graal Ghetto is WAY too similar to Era. Just saying.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:44 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ice_Cold View Post
Graal Ghetto is WAY too similar to Era. Just saying.
Although I don't think it's a very good move for globals to be advertising a ripoff of one of Graal's most popular servers (especially when it splits our server's population)...a little competition is motivating.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:06 AM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Graal Ghetto:
Very visually playing. Needs to find ways to vary from Era more, though.
Also I can't take the minimap off?

Zenox:
OSL level is horrible.
Saw the dorky movement and logged off.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:17 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonosteel
Zenox:
OSL level is horrible.
Saw the dorky movement and logged off.
So you think its horrible. Well, its your opinion but please explain why its horrible not only that it is horrible, because then I can't believe that and must think that youre one of the kiddies who goof of other servers than their favourite (or owned) one(s) because theire jealous like hell
You don't even know our systems and that we will have multiple OSLs. The world of Zenox is much bigger than the newbie island

Any other comments, improvement suggestions etc?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Although I don't think it's a very good move for globals to be advertising a ripoff of one of Graal's most popular servers (especially when it splits our server's population)...a little competition is motivating.
This..
And at the same time they STILL use recoloured/stolen/edited images..
Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
Here's my list.

Get rid of your movement system (Example of it's poorness: Try going up and down the stairs in your OSL area near the Newbie Course enterance), or re-haul it, it doesn't feel natural like every other Graal server. (Personally I use the default, and x, y speed modifiers)

Redo your Newbie course, from a glance it doesn't teach how to play your server, and just bothers the player with basic classic Graal crap. Not to mention the blocks are setup in such a way that you can get them stuck to the point where you'll have to unstick.

Replace the 3D imagery with proper 2D images, or make them fit in somehow (I don't even know how it could).

Have your LAT read some of the tutorials on level making in the Levels sub-forum. Avoid using the path tool as your primary detail.

Fix your swimming gani, the down direction is fine but the others are ridiculous, (the hands look really off).

Find a different way to display the names of items and so on for sale. The text stemming from it looks odd, and cluttered.

Make GUI Objects like the Minimap (allow the player to close it) and Message System not feel like GUI Objects.

If you're going to use particle effects, at least make them make look good and make sense. (I.e: The waterfall particle effect above the waterfall gif.)

Get rid of primary GP / PR Staff, I am pretty sure there are rules that prevent them from being hired in the first place. It's a UC server with a minimal playercount to begin with, you don't need to start off on the wrong foot by hiring people who just want rights.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
So you think its horrible. Well, its your opinion but please explain why its horrible not only that it is horrible, because then I can't believe that and must think that youre one of the kiddies who goof of other servers than their favourite (or owned) one(s) because theire jealous like hell
You don't even know our systems and that we will have multiple OSLs. The world of Zenox is much bigger than the newbie island

Your OSL level isn't attractive at all, and I don't believe I've seen anyone here that would disagree with that.

I'm not an expert LAT but that level's floor is made up of generic patterns. IMO an OSL level should look a lot nicer as a first impression. It looks like something one of your LATs just quickly hashed together.

I do like the minimap and the gmap, though. Like someone said earlier, the evidence of the use of that path tool is really clear. Something you should get a good LAT to fix before you apply for Classic Tab at least. The scripted cows are nice too.

Tags
hosted, playerworld, preview