Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Can I ask why Graal Ghetto was chosen after it's already had a chance at Hosted, and the owner is known for (and banned for on several servers for) CSTing, USDing, abusing, spawning, and stealing content?
While the owner is still the same, its under new management and they've been working hard to correct its past reputation.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
I think the management of Graal Ghetto should buy their own server, It would give the server itself a way better chance.. And if i were them i would change the servername too.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:01 PM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
From what i can tell, these 2 servers suck.
But you can also help them out by telling them what sucks so they can improve/change things.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
I think the management of Graal Ghetto should buy their own server, It would give the server itself a way better chance.. And if i were them i would change the servername too.
The owner of the content hasn't changed though so that wouldn't work.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:34 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
those developers should move onto projects where originality is taking place, rather than a new version of what is already out. waste of talent otherwise
Old 10-01-2009, 01:05 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen Graal Ghetto's scripts so I know I can't expect much from them and their rep doesn't make me want to visit.

I gave Zenox a visit, and became frustrated within minutes of slow walking (I personally hated the movement system) and passing a newbie course which gave me an item that I couldn't even use. Explored the GMAP (which looked like it was whipped together really fast and had apparent use of the path tool) but I had no idea where to go, then I stumbled upon a dungeon of level 5 and 12 baddies whom proceeded to kill me.

The way it displayed damage and so on was neat, but was barely readable.

They've got their work set for them
Old 10-01-2009, 01:09 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I just checked out Zenox as well-

Interesting, but the movement completely ruins the game.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:13 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
C'mon guys, lets give Graal Ghetto a chance, I'm sure they're working on more things than just a copy from Era...
Old 10-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
logged on GG, killed by a staff with Katana, logged off, look great to me.

went on zenox but i was wayyyy too slow to even do anything.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:08 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I've seen Graal Ghetto's scripts so I know I can't expect much from them and their rep doesn't make me want to visit.

I gave Zenox a visit, and became frustrated within minutes of slow walking (I personally hated the movement system) and passing a newbie course which gave me an item that I couldn't even use. Explored the GMAP (which looked like it was whipped together really fast and had apparent use of the path tool) but I had no idea where to go, then I stumbled upon a dungeon of level 5 and 12 baddies whom proceeded to kill me.

The way it displayed damage and so on was neat, but was barely readable.

They've got their work set for them
Well said, i'd def agree with that.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Well the thing is, apparently previews are not meant to really show off much but to gather help. Alpha testing, if you will.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:00 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Well the thing is, apparently previews are not meant to really show off much but to gather help. Alpha testing, if you will.
I think that the previews will provide both constructive criticism and potential developers for the server.

Naturally, the amount of criticism received and amount of developers received will be related, to a certain point.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
I think that the previews will provide both constructive criticism and potential developers for the server.

Naturally, the amount of criticism received and amount of developers received will be related, to a certain point.
This is precisely correct. Not everybody will agree with the servers, but that is no different to one person wanting to favour 1 of the classic servers over another. Criticism is openly welcome and public opinion, not just developer contribution, will greatly improve their ability to find and fix what people want fixed.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Graal Ghetto is just a worse version of Era IMO. The tileset looks like its just a re-painted version of Era. And like what was stated earlier they call it "Graal Ghetto" and yet it looks nowhere near what an actual ghetto looks like.

I also logged onto Zenox and wasn't impressed in the slighest. The tileset itself looks nice from first glance but the OW looks like it was thrown together at the last minute. And also like what has been stated the movement on the server is very slow and at the begining you're hitting the guys for 1 HP and they're slapping you down for 3 HP. Normally in an RPG, which is what I felt like they were going for, you are supposed to hit harder than the NPC. You have less HP than the NPC but at the same time you are stronger.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Zenkou mini maps for inside levels was pretty neat

Tags
hosted, playerworld, preview