Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Review: Zenox and Graal Ghetto

ZENOX

Display: 2/10
Tileset:
-This tileset consists of free tiles, horrible green colors, filtered rocks. It is really dark and nothing matches.

Gui:
-Way too plain for me. Lose the gold/red inventory it's really ugly and extremely common. (Blue one sucks too, don't use it.) Minimap is horrible.

Levels:
-Levels are horrible, looks like you used the level generator and considered it finished.

Graphics:
-I didn't get to the point of buying a sword but I seen some of the other people walking around with them. They seem really plain and unoriginal. I'd rather use my fists. \m/
-I hate that stupid newbie head above my newbie head which indicates if I'm in a PK or No PK zone.

Gameplay: 5/10
Movement:
-Very basic, nothing really to comment about it.

Fighting System:
-Extremely similar to Zodiac's and the small text's were quite annoying.

OVERALL SCORE: 3/10
You guys should start working on a original tileset that matches, a new fighting system and some updated graphics.

GRAAL GHETTO
Display: 3/10
Tileset:
-Really dark, consists of like 7 colors and is way too similar to Era. WTH @ the trees.

Gui:
-Not really digging the inventory, Minimap isn't mini. How do I turn off all this annoying stuff anyways? (Alt+3 isn't working)
-I do not like hovering over someones player to see their nickname.

Levels:
-Era styled, go outside and look downtown. If you live by a farm then create a harvest moon server.

Graphics:
-Not really digging the little pumpkins scattered around, same with the black spiderwebs. Why are the leaves on the plants gray?

Gameplay: 5/10
Movement:
-Unlimited stamina is kinda lame.

Fighting System:
-What points me in the direction of getting an RPG?

OVERALL SCORE: 3/10
Work on a better tileset, take examples from outside, add some more color and please drift away from Era. Hire a new GFX artist and point people in a direction on where to start.

I'm just being completely honest and stating my opinion.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:54 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
this review sucks
Old 10-13-2009, 05:45 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Great review.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Awesome review, thanks.

A+++++++ reviewer
Old 10-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
IMO, I do not think this was needed...
But nice work on the typing skills and amount of time spent on making this wonderful thread.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:34 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda
I hate that stupid newbie head above my newbie head which indicates if I'm in a PK or No PK zone...
Reverse yourself! What you don't know you shouldn't judge
Just for your knowledge: the PK/No PK head above the players head has nothing to do with if the level is a no pk or pk zone. It simply indicates if the player has enabled the PK Protection or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda
Fighting System:
-Extremely similar to Zodiac's and the small text's were quite annoying.
Thats another pointless comparison as if you compare Zodiac to Unholy Nation or Graal Kingdoms...
Please be more exact in your explainations before you try to say something without knowledge about our fighting system...

You said many things that arn't right and/or against development servers. You should know that development servers are called development (hosted preview) servers because they arn't (nearly) finished and can't show many completed things to players. Also there arn't enough good developers online yet to fix all the stuff that is messed up (e.g. the GUI elements) so we had to use some standard things and place-holder images from a free game gfx website before we will make our own ones.

It shows that you don't know much about development...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor
IMO, I do not think this was needed...
But nice work on the typing skills and amount of time spent on making this wonderful thread.

Last edited by firefighter; 10-13-2009 at 01:47 PM..
Old 10-13-2009, 01:38 PM
NBK!
Heroin will become famous soon enough
Dude, a Harvest Moon style server would own.. There could be a pk zone too, like a bar where people could brawl drunk or something!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Dude, a Harvest Moon style server would own.. There could be a pk zone too, like a bar where people could brawl drunk or something!
Yes it would be funny
Beside that I have never played Harvest Moon I think that Zenox also contains some elements of it and will contain much more of them in near future. Also PK Zones inside single levels or gmaps are possible
Old 10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I love you dude!!

Finally a good review of these servers.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
That review is quite shocking but I can only agree.

But, anyway, I always stated one point in development, that is true for EVERYTHING:

Even if you're happy with your own results, think about the others. If they're unsatisfyed, you should always try harder and harder. There's always a way to make great things even more great. It's what I call perfectionism.

Other than that, I'm not going to make any comment about anything.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
That review is quite shocking but I can only agree.

But, anyway, I always stated one point in development, that is true for EVERYTHING:

Even if you're happy with your own results, think about the others. If they're unsatisfyed, you should always try harder and harder. There's always a way to make great things even more great. It's what I call perfectionism.

Other than that, I'm not going to make any comment about anything.
I agree.

I think Zenox might have potential if they work hard on it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 10-13-2009, 05:52 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I think Zenox might have potential if they work hard on it.
I agree, so keep up the work firefighter with Zenox (:
Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
I agree, so keep up the work firefighter with Zenox (:
Me 3, I agree as well.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Heya
Good to hear from you guys that there arn't only negative aspects. My internet connection was broken and I hadn't much time because of school. Now I have holidays and I think, it is time, to fill Zenox with content instead of hanging up on the base systems. With only one quest and too few dungeons, baddies, items, jobs and such, the range of (inter-)actions isn't verry wide for the player yet. Also some levels and gfx dont fit as they should
Old 10-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
Reverse yourself! What you don't know you shouldn't judge
Just for your knowledge: the PK/No PK head above the players head has nothing to do with if the level is a no pk or pk zone. It simply indicates if the player has enabled the PK Protection or not...

Thats another pointless comparison as if you compare Zodiac to Unholy Nation or Graal Kingdoms...
Please be more exact in your explainations before you try to say something without knowledge about our fighting system...

You said many things that arn't right and/or against development servers. You should know that development servers are called development (hosted preview) servers because they arn't (nearly) finished and can't show many completed things to players. Also there arn't enough good developers online yet to fix all the stuff that is messed up (e.g. the GUI elements) so we had to use some standard things and place-holder images from a free game gfx website before we will make our own ones.

It shows that you don't know much about development...

How was he supposed to know exactly what its for? And besides the "use" of it, he was basing it on a visual aspect so trying to prove him wrong in a script aspect is rather pointless. As I must say so myself, the head above the player looks rather "lacking".

As for your other statement, what would be the point in comparing Zodiac to Unholy Nation.. ? Was that supposed to be serious? I don't get it. He was comparing Zenox's fighting system to Zodiacs in the sense that all you're doing is running around pressing S to swing a sword and kill monsters. What exactly is different about your server besides the looks compared to Zodiac?