Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2016, 02:54 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Updates

Bread baking is now fixed and fully working. I've changed the layout back to 4 stations like it originally was because I'm not expecting we'll need any more than that. The dough is prepared by pressing D repeatedly the classic way. I tried konidias' minigame-style bread baking job and it was okay but I think a bit convoluted. I am planning on remaking some of the systems for Graal2001 this winter and may include a method for players to set their own macros for jobs. This will make it less tedious for new players and make the game feel less grindy without ruining the way the economy works.
In the future I'm thinking of combining the apple pie and breadmaking into one job/building. I like the apple pie location so I may make it a separate room in this building.

In other news we tested CS the other day and it is still fun as ever. I'm allowing players on to help test stuff like events.

Next I'll be working on apple farming and mining.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:12 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
sweet
Old 09-24-2016, 04:00 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
nice
Old 09-24-2016, 04:26 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
when i play g2k1 ill change my resolution to 800 x 600 for an authentic experience
Old 09-24-2016, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
when i play g2k1 ill change my resolution to 800 x 600 for an authentic experience
and when you play 4D Era you going to play dat in 4k?
Old 09-24-2016, 03:08 PM
The Shaded Leg
James205 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to James205 Send a message via AIM to James205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
get on my level and get a crt monitor

also i think graal2001 should use old bodies
Old 09-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James205 View Post
would probably break my back trying to lift one
Old 09-24-2016, 04:54 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I prefer the art style of the new bodies konidas created.

In regards to the videos; Though it was groundbreaking 15 years ago, this content didn't age well and most of what I see is plain ugly. I hope this is something that Kamaeru addresses.

It is too bad konidas abandoned the project, he was breathing new life into the server.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:14 PM
LAT & Graphics
xiaoguard will become famous soon enough
Quote:

I agree, graal2001 should use old bodies.
[14/08/2016 10:11:40 PM] Mike: Don't poke the bee's nest and you won't get stung.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:43 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
the bodies look terrible though

then again I guess that makes them match
Old 09-24-2016, 08:00 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
this content didn't age well and most of what I see is plain ugly. I hope this is something that Kamaeru addresses.
In some cases like these two interiors I'm not going to change the overall layout (maybe I will use custom tiles on the bakery when I overhaul it but CS is staying). I want the bakery to have a classic feel as it's one of the oldest jobs. With that being said I am using many finished assets from unfinished projects started by Konidias or other Bomy Island staff. I actually don't have the full backup of BI (but might have it on an old hard drive around). Right now I have had a lot of good developers approach wanting to work on the projects, and I now have Skyld, Elk, and Sky on board helping. Skyld is currently recoding the entire kingdoms system to be self-sufficient democracies which are able to form alliances or be enemies.

The current attitude between myself and others working on the project is very positive. We're doing this.

As far as the aesthetic of the server goes, I have already made huge progress on the OW and it looks much better than it did a few days ago when I started work. The entire server was a broken wreck less than a week ago, so I'm actually progressing way faster than I expected. Many of the BI projects were far too ambitious (like assuming we'd have tons more players than likely) and it's clear in the fact that most of it is halfway finished work. If any of you have questions about the Bomy Island content, what I know about it (I did work with Koni on it), and why we can't use some of it I'll be glad to explain everything I know. My plan is to use the huge amount of assets we have to our advantage to make content which is both fun and maintainable by myself and the staff. Retooling a lot of stuff is a big part of that.

I am currently using the classic G2k1 tileset because the Bomy Island tileset is incomplete and made 50% of the map display incorrectly. As time goes on I will add custom Bomy Island exterior tiles to buildings such as this and work to complete parts of that tileset that were never finished. In the future I want to do level transition effects similar to the kind found in A Link to the Past. I have a lot of ideas but I'm currently working on getting everything in working order so we can have a feel for the upgrade path we want to take for the server (what to change, what to keep). I will be taking everyone's opinions into consideration but keep in mind it's impossible to please everyone (if I change something because 1 person suggested it, sometimes other players complain). Some people really like the tall bodies for example, including myself and Skyld. It's possible to do more with these bodies animation-wise than the classic bodies or Bomy Island bodies. Not to mention the BI body style means we have to make shops for every kind of bodily accessory (gloves, shoes, undershirt, coat, hat, pants... a lot of stuff) and that poses two problems: first of all it's more collectibles than anyone is ever gonna keep up with. Secondly it's really difficult to animate (fortunately I'm one of the people with experience working with them). In the future I want to use the Bomy Island bodies because they're frankly awesome, but it is an unbelievably insurmountable task to tackle. As of now I'm using tall bodies. Lance has a script for switching between small/tall bodies which used to work for the entire server, so it may be possible to use that again but it would also pose the problem of making everything a huge mess on the server again. Our plan is to currently simplify development to make it manageable and accomplish-able, not to overload ourselves with impossible tasks.

Many of you may have seen the new exteriors like this one for the bakery that were made by the Bomy Island staff. Skyld also worked on the script for birds and it is working great. For exteriors of buildings we have a window class that will illuminate according to the time of night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outsidebakery.png
Views:	890
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	55926   Click image for larger version

Name:	outsidebakerynight.png
Views:	926
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	55927  
Old 09-24-2016, 11:26 PM
Kiri will become famous soon enough
it's really painful to view graal videos that uses a huge resolution
Old 09-25-2016, 03:44 AM
g2k1 had the best nights
Old 09-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
After offering help to Cloud and Vendetta with testing many of the jobs they all seem to be in full working order with no bugs or mistakes.

Many of the tools and other fun NPCs are working right, and the shops sell the tools and other services you can get with no problem.

The server is getting the attention it needed for so long and i'm glad to be able to visit again.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Nu tar vi de lita lungt @crono