Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you think a total rest is a good idea?
Yes 9 34.62%
No 14 53.85%
Maybe 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
mistral_007 mistral_007 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 105
mistral_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
The idea about a total reset of stats

Some people think it's a bad idea. I first thought what the **** no way. But thinking about it I think it is a good idea because classic is a idling place and people usualy have no reason to spar, pk, whatever. A total rest might give people a reason to do stuff again, re-experience stats gaining and so on. A total reset would probably suck if you do it with nothing new added, it would need a great deal of planning to make classic enjoyable again in the process.

Perhaps there can be some house with the old stats saved in, so you can watch whatever you used to have.

And if you say "I play bc of my stats", its just lame. Rather have fun than looking at stats.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Remove kills, deaths, and hours?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:08 PM
ffcmike ffcmike is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London
Posts: 2,029
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral_007 View Post
Some people think it's a bad idea. I first thought what the **** no way. But thinking about it I think it is a good idea because classic is a idling place and people usualy have nothing to work to. A total rest might give people a reason to do stuff again, re-experience stats gaining and so on. A total reset would probably suck if you do it with nothing new added, it would need a great deal of planning to make classic enjoyable again in the process.

Perhaps there can be some house with the old stats saved in, so you can watch whatever you used to have.

And if you say "I play bc of my stats", its just lame. Rather have fun than looking at stats.
I really can't see what difference a full stats reset (if you mean kills/deaths/online time included) would make other than making people angry.

I do like the idea of a "rest" though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:13 PM
mistral_007 mistral_007 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 105
mistral_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Remove kills, deaths, and hours?
Yes that's what I mean.

I remember from ages ago that one of the fun parts where to gain good stats, now when I had the same stats for this long it's just boring and everyone just sits doing nothing.

I wouldn't get angry, and I don't see that many cares about their stats anymore. People often ask for how it used to be, and gaining stats used to be a part of classic that doesn't exist anymore. A fresh start with a total rest, a lot of new stuff and fun things with compitions to gain some amount of stats would be fun.

And doing a back up wouldnt be impossible if it fails totaly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
maximus_asinus maximus_asinus is offline
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,731
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I would probably play less if my stats were reset. As sad as it is to say, I've been playing for about a decade now, and all I have left are my stats.
__________________
Save Classic!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral_007 View Post
Yes that's what I mean.
At first I disregarded the idea because of the loss, but on second thought I don't think I care about them at all. I'd even request a reset on my hours if I could, because the amount of time I've spent on Classic is pretty embarrassing. The only statistic that would probably annoy me if reset would be my kills and deaths, but it's something to build up I guess. Not voting for either way though because I don't mind.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
BlackSolider BlackSolider is offline
Gladius
BlackSolider's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 837
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
I voted no simply because I don't like the idea of instantly discarding everything that I did over the past 4 years, even if it was on graal.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
mistral_007 mistral_007 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 105
mistral_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I would probably play less if my stats were reset. As sad as it is to say, I've been playing for about a decade now, and all I have left are my stats.
Thats the sad part. People dont play, just come along for the stats and the character. Why not see it was a opportunity to play again.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:43 PM
mistral_007 mistral_007 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 105
mistral_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
I voted no simply because I don't like the idea of instantly discarding everything that I did over the past 4 years, even if it was on graal.
It can be stored in some kind of house. Would probably be the same thing as seeing your profile. It's not like its "gone".
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Mighty Mighty is offline
Registered User
Mighty's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 45
Mighty is on a distinguished road
I'd support a full reset down to 3 hp but that's probably never going to happend.

Gralats and tickets should've been reset already a long time ago.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:48 PM
DarkCloud_PK DarkCloud_PK is offline
Registered User
DarkCloud_PK's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: WISCONSIN
Posts: 994
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
I really don't see the point in reseting k/d/online time, unless theres really some special case of a specific person wanting to start anew, with the reason not being "bc my kills over deaths sux".

As for other things, I know for a fact gralats will have to be reset eventually, so you can brace yourself for that one that it happens, assuming you didn't expect it eventually to happen. Between corrupt admins giving themselves money, the infamous black gralat quest, and Ibo's rupee snake, the gralat community has become so widely inflated to a point comparable how Germany was at one point where a wheelbarrow full of cold hard cash couldnt buy you a half loaf of bread.

As for tickets, if this raffle doesn't work out, and another method outside of the card game can be used to burn off the accumulating tickets, it'll have to be reset as well, plus ctf madness really does not help the ticket fiasco.
__________________

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
if this raffle doesn't work out
Spoiler: You won the Superbomb
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 PM
maximus_asinus maximus_asinus is offline
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,731
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral_007 View Post
Thats the sad part. People dont play, just come along for the stats and the character. Why not see it was a opportunity to play again.
I don't PK/spar because I don't want to, not because there is nobody to PK/spar. I would continue to do exactly what I do now, which is log on and chat for an hour or two then log off. Only thing that would get me playing regularly is if there were a lot more quests to complete.
__________________
Save Classic!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:55 PM
mistral_007 mistral_007 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 105
mistral_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
I really don't see the point in reseting k/d/online time, unless theres really some special case of a specific person wanting to start anew, with the reason not being "bc my kills over deaths sux".

As for other things, I know for a fact gralats will have to be reset eventually, so you can brace yourself for that one that it happens, assuming you didn't expect it eventually to happen. Between corrupt admins giving themselves money, the infamous black gralat quest, and Ibo's rupee snake, the gralat community has become so widely inflated to a point comparable how Germany was at one point where a wheelbarrow full of cold hard cash couldnt buy you a half loaf of bread.

As for tickets, if this raffle doesn't work out, and another method outside of the card game can be used to burn off the accumulating tickets, it'll have to be reset as well, plus ctf madness really does not help the ticket fiasco.

There's a lot of points. Why would i kill 5k more people? There's no reason. Make it a reason and I'll do it. A total reset will make graal fun again, there will be a point of doing stuff, if it will be made in a fun way with new stuff. Not just sitting back and feeling good as it is (with the stats).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-05-2009, 06:07 PM
xnervNATx xnervNATx is offline
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Classic
Posts: 874
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty View Post
I'd support a full reset down to 3 hp but that's probably never going to happend.

Gralats and tickets should've been reset already a long time ago.
if they plan on a tickets reset i want to know wtf im gonna get for my 711 , i did not win them to see them get deleted just because a ******* is crying to them(not u)
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.