Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
Cool This has to convince you.

Okay so here is some new information i learned by poking my nose around.

Delteria...ohhh delteria. It's gonna kill classic and never let it come back if Thor and storm don't put **** into high gear right now. So heres what i know, Delteria has nothing less of amazing detail, its QUEST based, and huge on adventure. The spars are very entertaining, and I can't stress enough on the detail.
I also hear the baddies are awesome.

The server is near done, and is going to eventually be released in the near future. But i can promise you, ill bet my life savings on it, that when it is released, if the idiots we call development team have not released a group of quests that give classic a basis and structure, then well, was it worth it? Hah.

Delteria is most likely going to take players from everywhere, classic will have no one to care anymore, if anyone still cares now that is.
The quality on delteria though is just great.

So ill stress it again, QUESTS SHOULD BE TOP OF THE LIST, stop fooling yourselfs, otherwise, cya later classic.

Don't ask me how i know this, and you can go ahead and think im full of **** if you want, but i assure you i am not.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
ok.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Old old news.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
"Near future" could be a bit misleading depending upon your interpretation. I appreciate your enthusiasm, however.

Delteria is not solely quest-based, either, for the record. There are/will be a variety of gameplay options available to a player at his/her leisure, none of which will infringe upon the others. Just thought I'd clarify your assumption.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
The screenshots I saw honestly should make it the best server ever.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I kind of prefer Classic's look but I would play that server.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-29-2009, 05:55 AM
Banned
Well if its old news, then why havn't they started doing something right for once.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 AM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
shadow, thanks for giving us a new hobby
Old 04-29-2009, 01:58 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
has anyone told tatsumi that the first project I ever gave the dev team was a quest? no? ok.
anyway yeah, thats one of the bigger projects I'm going with, but to do a quest right, it takes time to manage a level of quality that isnt just warp mazes, push block puzzles, countless baddy swarms in order for a door to open, or other cliched overused quest mechanics of 2000.

edit: What I'm trying to do for quests from now on, is introduce different types of puzzles that aren't the overused cliches above(I will still use them sporadically, but just because you have the mechcanic to use, doesnt mean you have to spam it into every quest like the did in GTA(someone should go and count the number of warp mazes(think zols pub) and push block puzzles). I also want to add a multiplayer concept to quests as well, as being an online multiplayer game, you should be able to quest with someone and not by your lonesome, right?

as for me, last exam before finals is tomorrow, so after that, I should be fully active up until finals, then after that, we have the whole summer to get this server moving, with focus on player suggestions aswell, I haven't lost sight of that at all. I just got caught up in a crappy exam system where instead of having one midterm, you have 2 or sometimes 3, and the 3rd is right before finals, I don't get the point of having that many exams, but I have to work hard on them, unfortunately.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 04-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Midterms right before the finals? Ouch. I had midterms about two weeks ago, and finals are all next week. Sucks for you DC. Gl with those.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned
Yea DC you must not know but that is pretty much at almost every college. That is usually how it works. So still, stop being a girl about this and using exams as your excuse.

And your first project was a quest? Funny how every dev admin has said that.
And puzzles? oh god, let it be just one or two quests with them. And a quest is always someones first project. You act like i have been playing this game for a just a year, i know how it goes. So you can stop being a wise ass cause you aren't that good at it. All you have done is make promises and have not fulfilled.

Multiplayer? Hmm coulda sworn i've heard that, guess thats cool. When can we see that?

The whole summer to make things work eh? How about the last 6 years to make things work? I'm sorry but those words, especially from you, mean nothing. So either do it, or just stop making empty promises. And don't ****ing disappear again with some lame excuse again.

And still, if that you said up there is your plan, delteria is still bringing the house down on classic. Sorry buddy, but what you say is not good enough.
And basically with your way of doing a quest "right" then i'm sure we won't be seeing a lot of quests produced any time soon. =/
Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned
Sorry for the double post, this is kinda funny.
I had a conversation with DC, He actually PMed me out of no where, i feel hes frightened of delteria, and needs to defend his position in school and as Dev admin to me.
Heres one thing he said, this actually was funny.

gc_nightlikesmen.nw (Wed Apr 29 13:16:43 2009):
I've been hearing about this uber delteria for months now, I don't really expect its release. If you don't enjoy it here though, I can certainly have it arranged that you don't play here.

Notice how he doesn't expect its release, my sources which have proven to be actually damn good, say otherwise. I told him that nothing good is expected out of classic either, so lets see what happens.

But notice how he threatens me in the last sentence, but we all know damn well that DC hasn't the right to ban people because he PMed them and didn't get the response he wanted. I feel like i'm talking to Hell Raven again. Thor said himself though , DC cannot ban people he has no right, thats why this is so funny. This is like the third thread from DC, its hilarious.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:48 PM
mistral_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
Yea DC you must not know but that is pretty much at almost every college. That is usually how it works. So still, stop being a girl about this and using exams as your excuse.

And your first project was a quest? Funny how every dev admin has said that.
And puzzles? oh god, let it be just one or two quests with them. And a quest is always someones first project. You act like i have been playing this game for a just a year, i know how it goes. So you can stop being a wise ass cause you aren't that good at it. All you have done is make promises and have not fulfilled.

Multiplayer? Hmm coulda sworn i've heard that, guess thats cool. When can we see that?

The whole summer to make things work eh? How about the last 6 years to make things work? I'm sorry but those words, especially from you, mean nothing. So either do it, or just stop making empty promises. And don't ****ing disappear again with some lame excuse again.

And still, if that you said up there is your plan, delteria is still bringing the house down on classic. Sorry buddy, but what you say is not good enough.
And basically with your way of doing a quest "right" then i'm sure we won't be seeing a lot of quests produced any time soon. =/
All talk no action, as allways.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Banned
Man sounds like DC and our past 4 Dev admins.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
stop being such a jerk and suggest things.