Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
Stop it!

Okay, it can't be any clearer now than it already is. Some of the development team even agrees.

Quests are a must for classic, it was the basis of the server, its the basis of Zelda, and any adventure game out there. So do not tell me they are not important, or that they are a newb hook and thats bad.

A Newb hook is not bad for one, it will help us. I think Thor, you need to put together some of your best Development staff and have them work strictly on quests. I know your good ones are scarce, but somethings gotta happen, make it work or something.
Nothing you guys are doing is working by the way in case you have not noticed yet. And it seems like storm stopped giving a **** again.

And i know i'm right. Classic is not a full game, it has no good quests, story of it isn't complete, it might as well be under construction. You need to structure the story together, then creating quests shouldn't be hard to create, you just got to get them made.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I don't think any Development Staff see Quests as unimportant,
most if not all of us feel that the server should be predominantly based around Quests,
I don't recall anybody referring to Quests as being a Noob Hook in a negative light,
currently there is a Quest planned for short-term release being worked on, and if they can be completed then great, but otherwise the feeling is that they are not the priority, for all the time and effort required to make them decent they don't go very far towards stabilizing playercount, we need more content to occupy current players before trying to attract entirely new ones.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Ninja of Classic
fa12 will become famous soon enough
To bad there isn't a "motivation speaker" staff tag, i'm sure Tats, Rufus, and those who keep pushing for more releases and work to be done on Classic would like to help out by calling out the staff and giving them the motivation to work.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
The one thing I dislike is when people act like they know exactly how to fix everything, but they absolutely refuse to help out because, according to them, it's the job of the unpaid people who volunteered to be on the dev team.

Now I understand its their job and all, but when they A)volunteered and B)don't get paid, I can't imagine they have too much motivation to work all the time, especially when it seems like people are never satisfied with what they do.

I believe that if you can help, then you need to do so. If you're going to talk the talk, you need to walk the walk. Don't just say "I alone know how to fix classic, so do X, Y, and Z and everything will be better. Good luck and don't screw up." Don't be an armchair developer. If you got ideas AND have the ability to help, then get off your ass and do it.

I know you have some good idea tats (and rufus,) but if you're not going to help realize your ideas, then classic isn't going to improve. For too long we've simply talked about improving classic; we haven't spent enough time actually improving classic. Instead, we've sat on our asses and hoped someone else would do it. Obviously our 'guardian angel' hasn't come through, so we, as a community, need to start doing rather than just talking.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Banned
I disagree, players such as my self were asked for suggestions, we give em. I don't have to help.

And quests should be top priority. You just need a lot of them first.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
I disagree, players such as my self were asked for suggestions, we give em. I don't have to help.

And quests should be top priority. You just need a lot of them first.
What kind of quests are you talking about?
WoW-like quests?

Talk to XY... bring XY this item etc?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned
Well the event triggered type quests is really what graal always has done. For instance bring Tom the Blacksmith the heaviest piece of metal known to man. You find that, you bring it to him, he crafts you a sword. Many games have used that exact concept but have used variations of it.

But who says we cant use WoW type quests, ive never played that much but still. Neverwinter Nights had good stuff in it to. Group quests could always be made, along with time attack quests. Even an All in one quest.

You could also make a quest that has nice replay to it. Here's the idea, you make a pretty large quest, levels could always stay the same, but the story could always change, and the order of the levels you journey to or have to complete change. I know its big, but you could make 6 different stories/concepts. Kinda like shorts though, nothing to crazy, but at the end of each is a different prize, you could collect all of those, they could even prove to only have one use depending on how you want to do it. You could have to collect them all to complete an even larger quest/objective. Or they could all prove a use to complete 6 other quests. One item to complete one quest. It has a dozen possibilities. Now this would keep people occupied if you made right.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Some of these new things coming up are going to last 6 days - 1 month.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Pink Chicken
acaremon02 will become famous soon enough
People actually enjoy the quests we already have.

Minor problems I see...
The lizardons are already hardcore that our level 2 swords are no match for it without dying a few billion times.
Makes me wonder WHY we have a leveled sword in the first place.
Shouldn't our first few quests have easier foes until we get our next level sword in a future quest?
I think each quest should give something extremely important, like a new level sword or a new level heart, along with a side NPC so that people will want to finish a quest instead of quitting half-way through or relying on an FAQ to help them every step of the way.
I think we should have had a shield as one of our prizes in the previous quests, because in the Sardon's quest, there is a room with a bunch of arrows and another with pelting stones.. It's impossible to repel them without pausing, but the idea of pausing in a MMORPG game to avoid attack is kinda ridiculous.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
lizardons hit detection is a joke
Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned
You say people enjoy the quests we already have.

I say you are full of ****
Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Why is there not a middle person between players and staff.
Let;s say PR.Player Relations.
I think classic needs a person who can negociate between what players want, and what staff can achieve.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Banned
*Insert Gladius*
Old 04-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Hey, that doesn't belong in there!

Oh wait, now I see what you mean.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:21 PM