Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
What should our Dev Admin be Doing?

Yes, its well expected from me I know, but I personally think DC dropped the ball on this one. Yes the card game is fun, but now he is stalling the Card Committee on any action they want to take from our feed back because DC isn't acting or isn't logging on. To me that's neglect, and I feel again he still does not care about the players like he said he did. The game needs changing, and because he isn't doing his job the way it should be done, game still has major problems. And I realize he has a team to help him with this, but its his job to lead them, give them deadlines, make sure work is being put out in a reasonable amount of time.

So on to the topic, what should our Dev admin be doing? Well for one, he should be on more, just because he released a card game, does not mean he gets to take a vacation smack at the beginning of it. He should be pumping out other content for everyone to do, because now the server is actually a baron wasteland due to the game.
So..
-Making more use of overworld map (without using eggs please)
-Quests...Quests...Quests! Classic still has no basis without its quests.
-If you release something, make sure all the kinks are worked out before you start neglecting it, ALL the kinks.
-Don't lie to the players, don't ask for their suggestions and then just go ahead and do your own ideas.
-Don't give players false hope. (Every admin, including DC has now done that)
-Make it an actual game, Classic has just been a chat room for so long, find a way to move from that point, you said you had ways of doing it, but they are yet to be seen DC.

I feel though, most importantly, were the quests, no matter how much DC wants to disagree just because its not his idea, we need em, they'll keep us living.

GRAAL IPHONE HAS EM! LOL
Old 04-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
He is planning stuff with the card game
There are quests being developed.

Plus the card committee is just gladius LOL with the person who can't do much..

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
give him a break, he just finished the Card Game and he has alot of future projects, he told me personally. I'm even working on making an article towards him.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
because now the server is actually a baron wasteland due to the game.
*barren
Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Banned
Talk...
talk....
talk....
I asked what our dev admin should be doing? I only pointed out DCs flaws.

Yes, quests are being developed, i've heard that before.

And I don't think you understand the point of a committee then mystic or whoever else is going to stubbornly disagree with me. Its there to make quick changes based on feedback, they should be able to meet everyday, they should be logging on everyday, and you know what, Night and Glad and DC were all able to be on the same time everyday for a while, now its just Night and Glad, what happened to DC?

I don't accept promises from him anymore, clearly he got everyone's hopes up for something fast, and it isn't going to be fast, it may not even happen so again, don't be dense just because you like him. Back to the topic of quests, again, a lot of classic development has always just been talk, what makes this any different mystic? Because you have seen them? Ya i've seen a million quests that were developed but never released.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
*barren
Eh wasn't asking for spell checks thanks.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Prince
I never understood the point of the card committee anyways. If you don't know that changes are happening/going to happen with the card game, you shouldn't really diss the people who spent hard time on it.

You also can't simply expect quests instantly after a new dev admin has came in.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
What should our Dev Admin be doing?
Developing/administrating his team. wich is exactly whats he doing.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Banned
Mystic...you are really being dense now. You think after 4 years of garbage i would expect DC to automatically come out with new quests? No but I did expect him to do something..more, after all , he talked a lot, hyped himself up and all that.

And you think I don't know what changes to the card game are being done? Just because I'm not staff doesn't mean its hard to find out. But like i said, there are changes needed now, and thats the point of the committee. Two members are ready to go, one is not. That is DC.

And you know why I tell you that I think quests will take way to long to come out? Because DC has said himself that quests are not important to the server, he does not think so, I do though, others do, but like i said, DC lied about being admin for the players, hes just like everyone else, hes playing for himself, going to mold classic into what he thinks it should be, and its going to continue to be a chat room.
He said there would be quick progress, i do not see any. I see a card game, that completely stopped everything else on the server. Only people on tags now ARE FAQs.

Hardly any hosting, the development staff are playing the card game more than they are working, well it looks that why, they'll say otherwise obviously.
Don't you GCs say otherwise though, cause your boss is saying otherwise .

And mystic you said to me that because you are leveling on one quest, that means its gonna come out.....really? How many of us here have leveled on a quest before, come on raise your hands. How many of those came out?
All im saying is that now, its too late just talk and make promises, they better start giving some content soon, card game wont cut it forever, especially if DC feels he doesn't have to fulfill his duty as a member of the committee.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
Developing/administrating his team. wich is exactly whats he doing.
Wrong.

An admin hasn't done that in years, which is why we have crap. Administrating involves giving orders, setting deadlines, all that good stuff, which no admin has done in years, sure would help though. But they fear if they do that, the babies they call their staff will pick up and leave because they do not like being bossed around. Main argument for that is "well they don't get paid" Who gives a flying **** if they do or not, they signed on to work, they should work.
Developing, well yes hes done a little of that, not as much as he said he was going to do, but sure why not ill give him that, his team does that to, notice the Development staff tag.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Great minds think alike. I almost posted a topic similar to this one.

The card game does not appeal to me. It was boring to me in other games that had the same setup. I'd much prefer quests.

I personally want to know what's next. As it stands now you could kill the entire server except for the Card House and we'd have what Classic is now. Everyone's focused on the Card House but not the fact the rest of the server is still dead.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Cake'd
Development Updates.

things missing in that list: the new Events GUI, Card Game release.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD View Post
Great minds think alike. I almost posted a topic similar to this one.

The card game does not appeal to me. It was boring to me in other games that had the same setup. I'd much prefer quests.

I personally want to know what's next. As it stands now you could kill the entire server except for the Card House and we'd have what Classic is now. Everyone's focused on the Card House but not the fact the rest of the server is still dead.
So what exactly are you going to do once a quest is released, and you beat it? Classic will go back to what you say it is.

@Tatsumi: Just calm down lol. DC is doing stuff, despite him having a life outside of graal, ya know.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
So what exactly are you going to do once a quest is released, and you beat it? Classic will go back to what you say it is.
I forgot. You didn't play back when quests were so enjoyable it was fun to do them again. I could also say the same thing about Cards, since they too would become boring without constant updates/releasing of new cards which leads me to my next point....

That's what the point of Development is. Yes, once a quest is done and the end reward is received that quest is dead, so there need to be constant updates. Constant new content. I do not see a problem with expecting that.

I would almost say it's required at this point. Classic has nothing to offer people in terms of bettering their character. We need to release some quests and fast. There's some potential for it, but it's all moving at the same snails pace it's been moving at for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
I'm even working on making an article towards him.
This part just hit me. Um, why?

Last edited by StrykerTFFD; 04-18-2009 at 07:15 PM..
Old 04-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD View Post
I forgot. You didn't play back when quests were so enjoyable it was fun to do them again. I could also say the same thing about Cards, since they too would become boring without constant updates/releasing of new cards which leads me to my next point....
I loved resetting my account and running through the quests over again.