Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
It'd be cool if each town had its own use, or at least guild fort or something. Snowtown and babord have bowling alleys, but beyond that many towns aren't worth visiting simply because there is nothing to do there. Not to mention you can't get to many towns easily/quickly like mystic said.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:37 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
it'd be dumb to kid ourselves and think that having multiple towns with hot spots would serve some sort of good purpose considering the most active servers have 100 or so players on them. Roughly speaking, that's enough to populate and use one town. While there is reason for things to be spread out on the overworld (travel counting as some sort of quest element) it is dumb to expect several towns being populated when each one would divine the playercount among itself and another. If there were 5 towns, you'd be lucky to have 5 players at each.

The overworld could do with a huge shrink considering almost none of the excess space is used. Babord is currently worthless, Avalon is worthless, Nimda Island, etc.

Primary focus should be making Graal City not suck (and actually making it more like a castle village).
Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
it'd be dumb to kid ourselves and think that having multiple towns with hot spots would serve some sort of good purpose considering the most active servers have 100 or so players on them. Roughly speaking, that's enough to populate and use one town. While there is reason for things to be spread out on the overworld (travel counting as some sort of quest element) it is dumb to expect several towns being populated when each one would divine the playercount among itself and another. If there were 5 towns, you'd be lucky to have 5 players at each.

The overworld could do with a huge shrink considering almost none of the excess space is used. Babord is currently worthless, Avalon is worthless, Nimda Island, etc.

Primary focus should be making Graal City not suck (and actually making it more like a castle village).
A more linear layout would make traveling grand-- like taking into consideration what you want the player to go beside while going from one place to another.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
People remain staff because they have more power than they would have otherwise. Would you just give that up when you can hang onto it? It'd be the "good" thing to do, if you didn't plan to use your powers to work for the benefit of classic, but it wouldn't be smart (from the individual's perspective) to just give up all your power and go back to being "normal".

I'm not trying to valiadate what some people do or even support them; I'm simply saying that few people with power ever simply give up their power (George Washington would be the best example I can think of of someone who did) when they can keep it.
That's such a perfect description of Master Storm! Except that you have to throw in a bit of "pathetic" into it somehow for him.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
talking about ms , when was his last login?
Old 05-02-2009, 02:50 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
it's Saturday and there is only 4 people on!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
@ Kevin

We don't need each town to have a constant population, we just need people visiting each town occasionally if they like the attractions there. Maybe each weekend we have "special events" (baddie invasions, guild wars, etc.) at different towns or something.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
LOL ITS SATURDAY AND ONLY 2 PEOPLE ARE ON.

And Rufus, again, you make it easier and easier to say you are retarded every time you post. I guess Ares to.

You said i am going overboard? What is this? I type something long, and whatever I have posted always turns out true, so that's going overboard? I don't see you ever being right, just always being an idiot.

I guess rufus is just upset his life obsession is very very dead.

And ranger you may be on every day, but massing stupid **** constantly doesn't count as work.

And again, I don't understand why everyone has to be so dense, they chose to be developers, so yes they should develop. I am not saying they have to work 24/7, but time restrictions of working would probably pick up the pace. Certain amount of time a week just like everyone else. Again, its a job, paid or not paid, its a job to work on the server, if you arent going to do it, why have the tag?

Why is that so hard to understand? And if that can't be understood, then there really is no hope for classic LOL.

Guess you are **** out of luck rufus, better find a new hobby.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
You're acting as though you're enlightening everyone on subjects that nobody has yet to cover, but these commentaries are badly describing the most blatant issues on the server. If there's some sort of trend where you've got to post as many "true" statements as you can, then I'm pretty sure everyone is capable of bringing up the obvious to score points. Throw as many defensive insults as you like, but don't act like you're ever going to be taken seriously with your childish rapport. Rather than providing a medium for discussion of issues you may or may not feel strongly about (undecided, as you just seem to enjoy arguing) you're just providing hilarity instead and wonder why no one listens
Old 05-02-2009, 04:05 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
yo tatsumi u suck go away
Old 05-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
I don't wonder why no one listens, actually some people do, but to me it doesn't really matter. That is what you think in your warped little mind Rufus. None of what I said is really obvious, because if it was others would have been saying it and classic wouldn't be such trash.
You get way to pissy Rufus, are you sure you aren't a woman irl? Besides rufus, nothing you have done has ever helped at all so I don't know you feel the need to ever respond to my posts, thinking that you are above me or anyone else for some reason. You really are one of the ***est kids i have ever met. I guess you are from England right? Makes sense.
And we'll see if no one listens when Delteria comes out and it turns out i was right about that to and it just takes care of our problem of a garbage server for us.
I also find it funny that vincent posts every time after you, its like you guys are going out ^_^ cute.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
I don't wonder why no one listens, actually some people do, but to me it doesn't really matter. That is what you think in your warped little mind Rufus. None of what I said is really obvious, because if it was others would have been saying it and classic wouldn't be such trash.
You get way to pissy Rufus, are you sure you aren't a woman irl?

I also find it funny that vincent posts every time after you, its like you guys are going out ^_^ cute.
You're in denial if you believe that you are posting with no intended audience. Identifying problems and issues are pretty easy too, especially when there's a lot of them. Everything that you said really is that obvious, but tackling problems and issues is a completely different story.

Edit: lol @ additional, edited in insults.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:52 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
hey tatusmi stfu no one cares what you say

p.s. who is vincent
Old 05-02-2009, 06:15 PM
mistral_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Heres Vizmar saying what he thinks about graal:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5194/55600933.png

Think its a fake, go ahead. Who knows.

A complete reset is a very good idea. Just in case stats can be saved..
Old 05-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
We don't need each town to have a constant population, we just need people visiting each town occasionally if they like the attractions there. Maybe each weekend we have "special events" (baddie invasions, guild wars, etc.) at different towns or something.
Incorrect, I'd favor having less but more important buildings on the overworld.

Allowing anybody to have a house on the overworld was a mistake, it should be well laid out and not have 100's of player houses.

Less towns with more importance is the way to go.