Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 02:49 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
New Bounty System

You may have noticed the new skulls above people's heads the last few days. Those are part of the new bounty system which is now officially released!

Here's how the new system works:

First of all, there's no need to accept a bounty before you take it. Just kill whoever you see with a skull.

Second, there are three new types of bounties:
Chain Bounties - Denoted by a skull with a number between 1 and 5 on it. You get chain bounties by getting a 5 killstreak. When you kill someone with a chain bounty, you will get $75 times whatever the number on the skull was, plus the bounty will jump to you with a reduced number. Chain bounties will keep jumping until the number reaches 0 and disappears.

Gang Bounties - Denoted by an orange/yellow skull. You get a Gang Bounty every 100 gang points you earn. When you kill someone with a gang bounty, you split the money with your gang based on the amount of gang-related PKing you've done since the last gang bounty was taken by someone in your gang. For instance, if you have 50% of the points earned for your gang since the last bounty, you get 50% of the money. If you have a gang bounty and survive for 5 minutes inside of a gang base, your gang will share the money for your bounty. Gang bounties are worth $1,000.

Juggernaut Bounties - Denoted by a black skull with red eyes. You get a juggernaut bounty by being the person with the highest CURRENT killstreak (not highest killstreak total) if your killstreak is at least 7. Obviously this means there can only be one juggernaut at a time. While you're the juggernaut, you have rapidly regenerating armor, up to a max of 25. Juggernaut bounties are worth $1,000.

Have fun

Feel free to leave feedback.
(vvv especially on this vvv)

Additional ideas that I've been thinking about or have been brought up to me:

Make the juggernaut permanently pk flagged (except in events) after 15 or 30 minutes of being the juggernaut.
or
Make the juggernaut have a longer-than-normal pk flag timer (like 20 seconds, instead of 5).

Make juggernaut bounties give you $X * juggernaut's killstreak (maybe $50 or $100)
or
Make juggernaut bounties worth more after 100 killstreak (like 25k)

Make a juggernaut tracker (similar to the player tracker in the event shop)

Anything else you guys come up with.

------------------
Some additional details:
There's a /bountymoney command to see how much money you've made from bounties. (similar to /dropmoney)

Gang bounties were designed to distribute the money in the way they were so that people couldn't just idle at unstick while on gang tag and reap the rewards of their gang members work without putting in any effort of their own.

Chain bounties have exponential diminishing returns when you take the same person's bounty over and over that resets everyday at 4 AM server time.
For instance, say you've already taken my chain bounty 3 times today, and I have a 5 chain (normally worth $375). If you take it, you'll only get $46.
So kill everyone, not just your friends

Obviously since Juggernaut Bounties are tied to your killstreak, if you log off, you lose it with your killstreak.

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 12-24-2013 at 03:26 AM..
Old 12-24-2013, 03:24 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
if i have a skull over my head, vvhat's stopping me from getting on an alt and just killing myself for the bounty
Old 12-24-2013, 03:47 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
if i have a skull over my head, vvhat's stopping me from getting on an alt and just killing myself for the bounty

We have kittens monitoring Era players at all times. There will not be cheating on Era.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Nothing is stopping you from doing that.
But it's not going to be zero effort.

Chain bounties require you to get a 5 killstreak
Gang bounties require you to get 100 gang points
Juggernaut bounties require you to have the highest killstreak on the server.

On top of that, chain bounties have diminishing returns for taking a bounty from the same person over and over, gang bounties split the money with your gang based on how many points you got since the last gang bounty taken (so if you just got on your alt, you'd make approximately $0 from it without raiding first.), and I wouldn't just throw away a juggernaut bounty for 1k, since being OP with regenerating armor is definitely 1k worth of fun XD

I really liked your scripting guide btw

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 12-24-2013 at 04:45 AM..
Old 12-24-2013, 03:55 AM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
Brilliant idea
Old 12-24-2013, 08:50 AM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
This is sick and well thought out. Good work. The gang one seems weird to me. How often does it pay out on average? 1k to a whole gang a day would be whack
Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Well done, you have just encouraged more running. Can also see this being dead in a matter of a few weeks. Good effort though.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:11 AM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Well done, you have just encouraged more running. Can also see this being dead in a matter of a few weeks. Good effort though.
Oh **** you're actually right. At least with this one only the juggernaut will run...hopefully. Killstreaks make everyone a ***** though
Old 12-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
Oh **** you're actually right. At least with this one only the juggernaut will run...hopefully. Killstreaks make everyone a ***** though
Everybody will be wanting to get the highest chain bounty so nobody will be wanting to die. = everyone running to stay alive. Even though majority do it anyways but now they'll become pros at it.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Gang bounties aren't on a timer. You get one every 100 gang points you get.

Chain bounties don't get any higher than 5, which it starts at when you get a 5 kill streak, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about when you say people will be trying to get the highest chain bounty.

You're kind of right about it encouraging running. The juggernaut bounty at least. What if I was to modify it to work off of your kills/minute or kills/hour, instead of your kill streak? That way the juggernaut wouldn't worry so much about dying, and worry more about killing everyone as fast as possible. (it would also have the side benefit of making it easier for someone else to take juggernaut if the current juggernaut is afk.)

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 12-24-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Old 12-25-2013, 01:43 AM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There's a system been put in place that will null any effects of doing such. This system? It's the honors system. Era also has no security guards, so who's stopping us from shop lifting from the gun stores? We are. Our morals are.

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 12-25-2013, 03:19 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
uhhh.. Pretty sure there's a system that's in place that detects when you're already logged on another account from the same PC..
Old 12-25-2013, 03:37 AM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
I can multi-login, but I noticed most can't. Meh. But what goon doesn't have more than one working computer anyways?

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Turns out i was right. So much running because of this and the juggernaut is probably the most OP thing i have ever seen. Well done on another fail update that wasn't thought out before putting into place.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
It didn't change anything, people run, people die. Same as before, there's just another aspect to it. Quit complaining about everything.