Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 02:45 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Stroseria: Hiring

Dev Hiring Application

We are looking for dedicated, trustworthy, hardworking, and talented individuals to aid in the development of Stroseria. Currently we are only in need of developers, so please refrain from applying or asking about other positions.

Requirements:
  • Need to be mature and generally polite.
    • Keep in mind that you will represent Stroseria on Graal Forums, Facebook, etc., and those who tarnish its reputation will be removed from staff without a doubt.
  • Will require a few ways of communication:
    • You will need an email primarily for Graal where we can email you information needed for your job and possibly for players to contact you after we release. (If you want to use your personal email, that's fine, but I advise against this as there will be player spam involved.)
    • We also require that you have AIM on your PC so that we may exchange files with you easily and
      quickly. Our entire staff team uses this as primary communication.
    • Lastly, we use google docs in many cases, so it is required that you have a google account. I recommend that if you don't already have a Graal email, make a GMail account as it will serve this purpose, too.
  • All staff members are required to be positive and work with others - even if some of their ideas are rejected. This goes along with the maturity part.
  • Staff members must be responsible and not leak any information to anybody, not even their close friends who won't tell anybody. If you are caught leaking information, you will be fired and blacklisted.
  • Graal V6. It can be downloaded on the Login Server. (Install packages -> Graal v6. After it finishes downloading, you will find a file called "Graal6" in your Graal folder.)

Applications:

> Applications are posted on Google Docs.
  • Scripting Team (NAT) Application. We are not necessarily desperate for scripters, but we could use some extra hands.
  • Levels Team (LAT) Application. We are looking for levelers to work with our tileset to create levels of the utmost quality.
  • Graphics Team (GAT) Application / Gani Team Applicatoin. Stroseria requires staff members who can create top quality graphics. We are looking for developers to create heads, bodies, etc., as well as furniture items, level decorations, and more. We also need some members to create spritesheets for various creatures, actions, and monsters. We are also looking for some talented users who can create both graphics and ganis. (This isn't required- more information is included in the app.)
  • Sound Producer Team (SFX) Application. We need only one or two talented sound producers who are either capable of creating sound effects for the many ganis and decorations on Stroseria and/or full length music pieces.
    • For this application, you need only email me some of your work. (Include account, community name, etc.) My email is [email protected]
  • Storyline Writer Team Application. We plan on having many quests on Stroseria, and we are looking for some talented people to design quests and write storyline, including NPC-Dialogue and more. This team will use Google Docs to keep track of all of their work.
    • For this application please email me some of your written work. (Include account, community name, etc.) My email is [email protected]

The Future of Stroseria:

We have big things planned for Stroseria! We are currently working on many guild events, including fighting for islands. Our levelers and graphics designers are focusing on creating a visually appealing server unlike any other. Our scripters have created some very organized systems that will help our server in the long run.

As I mentioned above, we are aiming for multiple platforms, more specifically iPhone and possibly Facebook. We feel the playercount of iPhone is necessary for the server to function properly. (We have contacted Unixmad about this, and he has given us some advice / instruction on how we can make this
possible.)

Johank88 is the owner of Stroseria. He prefers to work in the background as opposed to being directly in charge. His brother, Entrok, is his appointed manager of Stroseria. The pair are old Graal players capable of all forms of development. I am Stroseria's development admin, though I may find a better candidate in the future and appoint them to my position.

For players wanting to play the game, well, most regrettably, it's going to be a while. We're focusing on quantity over quality as a general rule.

For those who applied, good luck!

Please note: I realize many of you wish to apply and do not have gold. While gold is required to work here, you can apply and wait for your results before purchasing it.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:13 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Didn't look at the others but the scripting application is a joke. "ARC" isn't a file format, it's just a file extension that is sometimes used on Graal for MUD-ish systems; there's no standard format for these types of files. callweapon and callnpc are both considered deprecated and may not even work anymore. I don't think I've ever even used setz. There's not really such thing as a "class system", that doesn't make any sense.

Like almost all scripting applications I've seen, it needs less trivia and more examples. Anyone can find the answers to the questions on that application. It's not a good indicator of their skill level. Having applicants describe prior projects would give you a much better idea of their competence.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Old 11-28-2011, 03:22 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fordustystroseria.png
Views:	867
Size:	694.3 KB
ID:	54038  
Old 11-28-2011, 02:02 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Didn't look at the others but the scripting application is a joke. "ARC" isn't a file format, it's just a file extension that is sometimes used on Graal for MUD-ish systems; there's no standard format for these types of files. callweapon and callnpc are both considered deprecated and may not even work anymore. I don't think I've ever even used setz. There's not really such thing as a "class system", that doesn't make any sense.

Like almost all scripting applications I've seen, it needs less trivia and more examples. Anyone can find the answers to the questions on that application. It's not a good indicator of their skill level. Having applicants describe prior projects would give you a much better idea of their competence.

lol? (wasn't MattKan)
Old 11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:

lol? (wasn't MattKan)
LOL someone is mad haha

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 11-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
According to your admirer, this is you.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Who came up with the name, and how do you pronounce it?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
Who came up with the name, and how do you pronounce it?
St - Stone
rose - Rose (the name, example like in ´Two and a half Men´)
ria - no clue, maybe like Rio with an ´A´ instead of an ´O´

Thats what I would have thought of.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 PM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
St - Stone
rose - Rose (the name, example like in ´Two and a half Men´)
ria - no clue, maybe like Rio with an ´A´ instead of an ´O´

Thats what I would have thought of.
I thought it would be stros-eria. Matt, help us out lol.

Also I would apply for a position on this server since it looks pretty, but I'd probably cause too many problems besides I'm too busy anyway
Old 11-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
I thought it was similar to trix. stro-seria

Like...
stro _ seer _ ee _ a
Old 12-02-2011, 05:24 PM
the KattMan
I think it's Stroh-seer-eeeeee-uh but you know, nobody knows. Just say it however it works best in your head... kinda like Graal and Astram.

We're still looking for applications, of course, so don't get too shy about applying.

Today I logged on and was excited to see that it snowed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stroseriawintertime.png
Views:	930
Size:	525.8 KB
ID:	54048  
Old 12-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I think it's Stroh-seer-eeeeee-uh but you know, nobody knows. Just say it however it works best in your head... kinda like Graal and Astram.

We're still looking for applications, of course, so don't get too shy about applying.

Today I logged on and was excited to see that it snowed.
That's looking amazing. Well done to you and your team!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:35 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
The tall grass tiles are a bit weird. The corner tiles are lighter than the rest of the set.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:52 PM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Not really appreciative of the fact that your GUI is a very simple edit of a GUI I made, but whatever. Don't really have any use for it, just as long as people aren't taking credit for it as their own.

Also, I don't get why people just recolor grass white and "OMG IZ SNOW".. It's really annoying and tacky. -_-

Otherwise, seemingly nice server, keep it up.