Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
PC users have a larger screen and see an entire level whereas ipod users only see a few inches of it
Old 02-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Apparently you didn't look at the screenshot with the iPad.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:12 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
PC users have a larger screen and see an entire level whereas ipod users only see a few inches of it
i personally play with a small windowed screen instead of having it fullscreen, so i don't see how that's an advantage unless you're trying to eavesdrop on a conversation
Old 02-22-2011, 01:08 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
What I don't understand is that it keeps being stated that it would be possible to allow PC users on the server, but it isn't done?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
What I don't understand is that it keeps being stated that it would be possible to allow PC users on the server, but it isn't done?
No, the reason they keep slamming in our face is because of the fact of "lag" problems but when you see Classic iPhone with over a thousand people in a condensed server environment you know that claim is bull****. If they combined iPhone and PC communities into one whole community, then the game's traffic and plausible advertisement capabilities would be epic.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:29 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
No, the reason they keep slamming in our face is because of the fact of "lag" problems but when you see Classic iPhone with over a thousand people in a condensed server environment you know that claim is bull****. If they combined iPhone and PC communities into one whole community, then the game's traffic and plausible advertisement capabilities would be epic.
Okay, so Stefan, whatchya waiting for?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
The issue isn't that allowing PC players would create more lag, it's that PC players would be at a huge advantage over iPhone players as they'd be alot less susceptible to suffering from it.

Besides, I think the real "problem" is that combining the 2 communities risks opening many peoples eyes towards what they have been nonsensically spending money on.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:49 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Besides, I think the real "problem" is that combining the 2 communities risks opening many peoples eyes towards what they have been nonsensically spending money on.
ouch
Old 02-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
The issue isn't that allowing PC players would create more lag, it's that PC players would be at a huge advantage over iPhone players as they'd be alot less susceptible to suffering from it.
Incorrect if we allow them to use bluetooth connection; Of course its not the most first thought of but it still proves that you are incorrect. I've heard statements like "Oh PCs can see further so they get an advantage." and I paraphrase what Nullify said and say How? Do we get an advantage by being able to see what about 30 people are talking about that no one cares about? No we don't. We all run at the same 20 FPS.

Quote:
This is more plausible than the first statement so I agree.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Incorrect if we allow them to use bluetooth connection;
The lag issue is not so much down to latency, it's down to computer speed.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:59 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
The lag issue is not so much down to latency, it's down to computer speed.
Elaborate a little more so I know which angle you are coming from.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Okay, so Stefan, whatchya waiting for?
It's Unixmad's decision, he's the business owner.
Unixmad is also allergic to success.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
achoo
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Unixmad is also allergic to success.
Sig'd
Old 02-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Incorrect if we allow them to use bluetooth connection; Of course its not the most first thought of but it still proves that you are incorrect. I've heard statements like "Oh PCs can see further so they get an advantage." and I paraphrase what Nullify said and say How? Do we get an advantage by being able to see what about 30 people are talking about that no one cares about? No we don't. We all run at the same 20 FPS.
Incorrect. As someone who worked on an iphone server you DO see more. You see the entire level your in essentially, where as you only see a few inches on the iphone. it DOES make a difference. When i walk into bases on the pc, no one knows that ive walked in as they can't see me because they are in the back of the level. So i can i simply maneuver around them easily. Sometimes people would ask me to raid them and i can kill everyone with a ak47.

The screen size, while an issue, shouldn't be a reason to not allow it. The same could be said about people who play xbox on a 15 inch or a 60 inch. But the skill required when fighting an iphone player isn't much.... Now if we allow them to use a keyboard and mouse through blue tooth, then its about an even plying field.