Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Era iPhone and Era PC have this system?
Yes on Era iPhone 6 27.27%
No on Era iPhone 2 9.09%
Yes on Era PC 6 27.27%
No on Era PC 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Getting Paid for killing (Poll)

I wish we got paid for general pking instead of contracts. Like its all based off a skill factor, both your K/d (mostly affects) and your score (Given score ranges on killing higher skilled players) The higher the skill the more it pays out which will promote more activity to all players, and all players want money. Right?

It would be something like this:
Player A: 10:0 K/D Ratio = Score 100 (Highest for negative K/D, 200 is highest for positive K/D)
Player B: 10:1 K/D Ratio = Score 90 (11:1 would average back to 100 and so on, based on if they have more then 10 kills compared to deaths)
Player C: 1:10 K/D Ratio = Score -90 (Highest is -100 Regardless)
Player D: 5:5 K/D Ratio = Score 0

Those with 200 Score (100 for negative K/D) get paid the most, compared to those with -100 who sparsely gets paid.
If Player C were to somehow kill Player A, Their K/D will change to 2:10 + The new score (-80) + 1/4 of Player A's Score (25) = Overall score is -55. (Capped at 100 unless they become positive in K/D)

Now on a bigger scale, one would have 45,000:2,000 K/D, the ratio would average to 45:2, which would award good players (Only up to 200 Score Regardless), but this high wouldn't be counted right off the bat, the scores are all set at 0:0.

This system can be arranged more wide spread so that instead of 10:0 its 100:0:
Player A: 100:0 K/D = 100 Score
Player B: 100:10 K/D = 90 Score
Player C: 10:100 K/D = -90 Score
Player D: 50:50 K/D = 0 Score
Player E: 45000:2000 = 200 score

Regardless They must have either 20 (small scale) or 200(Large scale) more kills then death to be 200 Score, Vise Versa if they have less then 100 kills to deaths (0:100) it would cap at -100 Score.

To keep it interesting there should be a "Overall Score Leaderboards", so those who have 200 Score don't get bored other then competing for the top position. (Friend Board, Daily Board, Weekly Board, Monthly Board, Overall Board)
Old 12-28-2010, 07:56 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
We, as in Sales/Chris/me, wanted to make it so you get $ when you got kills on Era iPhone.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:59 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
this is a dumb idea and too complex, and getting payed to kill just won't work. It'll be abused easily.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
this is a dumb idea and too complex, and getting payed to kill just won't work. It'll be abused easily.
Well, at the expense of the other player.. You'd have to find some masochistic players to farm.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Stay Frosty
It could be based on like what the halloween was going at where you cant kill a player consecutively to earn skull tokens.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
You are just getting annoying with these threads now.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Just make it a flat rate $5 per kill.
As long as it takes more than 8 seconds to walk from a hospital bed to the hospital door then there won't be any point laming kills for money, since $5 every 8 seconds = $37.5 per minute and most other jobs pay about $40 per minute anyway.
No special anti-laming protection or anything needed, just $5 per kill. It would almost literally be one line of code to add, because the money a player drops when they die is calculated based on their K/D already. A player with 1000 deaths and 1 kill will drop much less money than a player with 1000 kills and 1 death. Which is why back in the day Blookat had his deaths set to 1000000000 and used to walk around with all his cash on him. You'd just need to change that formula to "5 + (whatever is already there)".
Old 12-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
This idea was given before, and I still say no even for IPhone.
All of your idea threads are fairly complex and really do nothing to fix/improve Era.
Stop with the poll threads please. >.>
Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Stay Frosty
Yeah that was me with that idea before but it was buried with other posts and then sent to the furnace.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
As long as you don't lose money when you die.
You will lose about 90% of your players that way.
Only the hardcore gamers would stay.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:50 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
"Hey Billy, get on and let me kill you a bunch of times and then I'll buy you McDonalds for dinner."

Personally, the idea seems broken to me. I think maybe there should be a bit more to the system, but I can't really put my finger on what it is.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-29-2010, 01:00 AM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
"Hey Billy, get on and let me kill you a bunch of times and then I'll buy you McDonalds for dinner."

Personally, the idea seems broken to me. I think maybe there should be a bit more to the system, but I can't really put my finger on what it is.

It wouldn't be broken. Like Demisis said, if you averaged the going rate per kill to be equal to that of what you'd make hourly at the various jobs, it wouldn't be a problem at all.

There'd be really easy ways to counteract "abuse" like Billy's, though, such as diminishing returns for killing the same player multiple times within the span of a set time.

I think getting money for kills is a decent idea for PC era, and an extremely good idea for the iPhone.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post

Sounds better than,
"Hey Billy, get on so I can kill you a bunch of times, then go buy myself McDonalds with you money!"
Old 12-29-2010, 01:24 AM
Stay Frosty
Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Sounds better than,
"Hey Billy, get on so I can kill you a bunch of times, then go buy myself Dippin Donuts with your money!"
Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Me.
I'm just quoting Tig man.