Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 03:18 AM
OMGosh is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Customized PM Sounds!

I think this'll be a GREAT feature.
Maybe have a different 'ding' sort of sound for everytype of pm that we receive. (toguild, staff, mass, pm, and toall)

This'll encourage players to both, play with sound ON (a rarity), and to listen to the nice-music we have.

This'll be especially handy on Classic since it's basically a chat room and people idle all the time (the idler's would like to know when they get a Staff Messages).
Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I agree

Old 07-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Speaking of Sounds...how about something that makes mics work while UDP is disabled (and enabled).
Lufish Darkmane (Ventrue) (Tue Jun 19 03:11:09 2007): This is graal, there's no reason to be staff other than corruption.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:54 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh View Post
Speaking of Sounds...how about something that makes mics work while UDP is disabled (and enabled).
They do work while its enabled. They dont when its disabled because the data is transfered over UDP, and I doubt that will change.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
We should have that fixed then! (Changed) Or at least a set of instructions/tutorial. =/

PM's FOR SOUNDS!
Lufish Darkmane (Ventrue) (Tue Jun 19 03:11:09 2007): This is graal, there's no reason to be staff other than corruption.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:07 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing to be fixed there. Afaik sound goes best over an UDP connection, or atleast mic input/output. So it will probably stay like that.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
i dont think it would be good for sounds when its a mass message or toall but for PMs that would be good
Old 07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Graal2001 Administration
contiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to contiga Send a message via AIM to contiga Send a message via MSN to contiga Send a message via Yahoo to contiga
I'd say.. make 2 options;
Receive PMs as:
- Default (open by double clicking the blinking icon in playerlist hehe)
- Instant message (Pm's will popup immediately (easy now with gui controls) in a corner or so (last position) and a sound will play (if you enabled that option aswell) and you can "chat" back).

If people like this idea, and Stefan won't do it.. I might make it for 2k1 =p
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
I am also awake 3AM to help correct problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomy Island RC people
Daniel: HoudiniMan is a bad guy =p
*Bell: rofl. I first read that as houdini is a bad man. like the little kid that wants his mommy to keep her away from that boogie man
Daniel: xD
*Rufus: I wouldn't want my kids around him.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Someone is already considering adding PM and Staff Message-Sounds for Classic but it'd be better everywhere!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:57 PM
C'mon people! Sounds for Graal PMs!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by contiga View Post
Receive PMs as:
- Default (open by double clicking the blinking icon in playerlist hehe)
- Instant message (Pm's will popup immediately (easy now with gui controls) in a corner or so (last position) and a sound will play (if you enabled that option aswell) and you can "chat" back).

If people like this idea, and Stefan won't do it.. I might make it for 2k1 =p
If you get it up and running, let me know please.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Graal isn't a chatroom, as much as we joke about it.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Graal isn't a chatroom, as much as we joke about it.
Yeah, it really isn't.

And when people actually go along with it seriously like this I question my faith in humanity.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by contiga View Post
this would suck when your trying to bless or something and someone keeps pming you. you wouldn't be able to ignore them. or in the middle of an event...brutals
Old 08-22-2007, 11:20 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I remember once when Aeon had sounds when you received a pm. At first it was good but got annoying after 3 days.