Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 10:31 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
I offer my services..Classic doesnt seem too hard to dev. forum pm if you want.

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:36 PM
OMGosh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I has her/his (I dunno which I'm sorry!! ) AIM we talk a lot
It's a he, lol, typo!!
Lufish Darkmane (Ventrue) (Tue Jun 19 03:11:09 2007): This is graal, there's no reason to be staff other than corruption.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh View Post
It seems people are agreeing that Classic is dead and everyone (not staff) agrees the staff is to blame. We've decided we'd like, possibly, the following people to come and work on Classic:

NO

No.

More like manager.

This is totally going to make such a difference. Because, you know, harassment and hacking are such huge problems these days and players can't just submit screenshots to a single GP to get things done. Yeah...

You fail.
First of all, Yen would be good. 2nd of all, you don't know WiKKiD. WiKKiD will be perfect because she knows how to bring people to a server. Kiirar would be 30 steps up from what Stryker is doing as GP Admin. Tyhm is nothing too special. Shouldn't Manage.
Lufish Darkmane (Ventrue) (Tue Jun 19 03:11:09 2007): This is graal, there's no reason to be staff other than corruption.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
First of all, Yen would be good.
Banned.

Quote:
2nd of all, you don't know WiKKiD. WiKKiD will be perfect because she knows how to bring people to a server.
Crono doesn't know WiKKiD? http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=73142

Quote:
Kiirar would be 30 steps up from what Stryker is doing as GP Admin.
Yet, he'd still be nothing as there's nothing for a GP Administrator to do really on Classic.

Quote:
Tyhm is nothing too special. Shouldn't Manage.
Tyhm is awesome.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
This thread is nonsense but for the sake of it.
You can't just tell these people to WORK on a server and expect them to want to. Oh yes, obviously Tyhm, kiraar, wikkid, and Yen would obviously all say YES to developing on classic.

Just to inform you, WiKKiD was hired on classic, and never did any work. Tyhm has no intention of playing, yen will never have an rc on classic, ever, period. And to be honest, i see no need for stryker to be replaced with anyone.

Second: Stuff is being done. Do you see it, no. If one or two things were released (much like the castle quest was), people would be excited for a day then complain the same way they always did, as that is exactly what happened.

Third: Staff that work for free have no inclination to work. They have live and would rather be having fun.

Four: Why would you want to work for a bunch of unappreciative brats like everyone who posted here? Note that the staff that IS working this very moment is the very staff you are flaming. Who wants to do anything when nobody even gives them a pat on the back? One of my best LATs, Laura, quit because the players were jerks to her. She liked working otherwise. Anyone who has contributed one good level or script or graphic, merely one, you should be kissing their feet, because they did work FOR YOU for FREE. Hell, some would even say they PAID to do the work.

If you don't like it, then get so good that you can develop for classic and do it yourself, otherwise, you have no grounds to complain about anything.

Edit: oh, and to the person who said I level up on zodiac... wtf? I am pretty sure, unless someone edited my account, that it is still level one.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hell Raven,

It seems you can't keep a team together.
Laura is not the first one leaving the team since your in control of it.
Teams on classic have never been able to stick together atleast a good amount of time to get something done for the server.
you are all pointing fingers towards eachother (he did it, she did it, players did it, staff did it) while a person like you in your position should rub his head for a change and think why people are leaving the team.

My suggestion, keep the next people who get hired as lats, behind the scene!
make no one know of there whereabouts.
Let them work behind the scene without a possible tag, but with priviliges, so that people cant herass them
and maybe then LATER when updates are being made, you can tell who was the maker of it.

ps: HR. you ask people to send in levels because you are looking for possible developers.
it would be nice of you to respond back to people who send in apps
Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
Hell Raven,
ps: HR. you ask people to send in levels because you are looking for possible developers.
it would be nice of you to respond back to people who send in apps
It would be nice if people didn't expect a reply 30 minutes after they sent in an application. It's easier for me to gather a bunch and sit down and evaluate them. If you can't wait a few days then oh well.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:07 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
it went from 30 minutes to a few days.
not really a way to bring in new possible blood to your team is it?
maybe add next time to your npc server message "do not expect a reply within 30 minutes to a few days"?
Old 07-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Your app probably sucked. He doesn't have to reply to it.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Well, see, if you applied, this is the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
we all know current staff on classic have some kid of bad history on other servers..that may be the reason they are all lazy asses right now.
I like my team to get along. If this is how you feel about my team, then I would say you aren't really welcome on it
Old 07-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
This thread is nonsense but for the sake of it.
You can't just tell these people to WORK on a server and expect them to want to. Oh yes, obviously Tyhm, kiraar, wikkid, and Yen would obviously all say YES to developing on classic.

Just to inform you, WiKKiD was hired on classic, and never did any work. Tyhm has no intention of playing, yen will never have an rc on classic, ever, period. And to be honest, i see no need for stryker to be replaced with anyone.

Second: Stuff is being done. Do you see it, no. If one or two things were released (much like the castle quest was), people would be excited for a day then complain the same way they always did, as that is exactly what happened.

Third: Staff that work for free have no inclination to work. They have live and would rather be having fun.

Four: Why would you want to work for a bunch of unappreciative brats like everyone who posted here? Note that the staff that IS working this very moment is the very staff you are flaming. Who wants to do anything when nobody even gives them a pat on the back? One of my best LATs, Laura, quit because the players were jerks to her. She liked working otherwise. Anyone who has contributed one good level or script or graphic, merely one, you should be kissing their feet, because they did work FOR YOU for FREE. Hell, some would even say they PAID to do the work.

If you don't like it, then get so good that you can develop for classic and do it yourself, otherwise, you have no grounds to complain about anything.

Edit: oh, and to the person who said I level up on zodiac... wtf? I am pretty sure, unless someone edited my account, that it is still level one.
Well people seem to be complaining mostly about how long it seems to be taking to see ANY kind of new content on classic, the castle quest was indeed fantastic, but that was a a bit over a year ago, does it really take so long to have another area made and scripting done for it? the horses were added yes, but that seems very small compared to a big and interesting quest.

I'm sure it would satisfy people to know a little about what project was being planned for classic next, a new quest maybe or a new section of the world to explore, instead of waiting for months/years and only being told "work is being done" every time, I feel its not good to try making everything at once before it gets added, it may take several years and by then many people have moved on with their lives.

Sure there's the promise of new players coming to graal, but there's not many people to spread the word about graal classic and no advertising for it, you could hope most of the older players will spread the word, but remember, "most" of them already left and the last memories of classic they had were of a server that really wasn't worth visiting anymore because nothing seemed to be going on, i'm unsure i would want to try a game like that if i never played graal myself, because nobody wants to play an almost dead game.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Bowie's Deciple
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
Well people seem to be complaining mostly about how long it seems to be taking to see ANY kind of new content on classic, the castle quest was indeed fantastic, but that was a a bit over a year ago, does it really take so long to have another area made and scripting done for it? the horses were added yes, but that seems very small compared to a big and interesting quest.

I'm sure it would satisfy people to know a little about what project was being planned for classic next, a new quest maybe or a new section of the world to explore, instead of waiting for months/years and only being told "work is being done" every time, I feel its not good to try making everything at once before it gets added, it may take several years and by then many people have moved on with their lives.

Sure there's the promise of new players coming to graal, but there's not many people to spread the word about graal classic and no advertising for it, you could hope most of the older players will spread the word, but remember, "most" of them already left and the last memories of classic they had were of a server that really wasn't worth visiting anymore because nothing seemed to be going on, i'm unsure i would want to try a game like that if i never played graal myself, because nobody wants to play an almost dead game.
I feel at this point that revamping the storyline to match what it should have been is more important. I cannot just release a quest here or there because it does not fit into what we currently have. That will not save classic. That would just delay its demise. What is currently here just does not work, period.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:31 PM
LMAO! Thanks for mentioning the Castle Quest. Not only do we only have 3 quests, but the Castle Quest Boss doesn't even work anymore!! The boss wasn't waking up, so when we sent our only scripter "Rachel Allure" to fix it, she made it so he's always awake (ignoring the fact it took time to make the sleeping animation). After her making him awake, she made it so he does the animations without grabbing you and throwing you, congrats there. He still doesn't take any damage. Very good team HR, very good.

We're not expecting you to spit out crap but I could've made some rather crappy quests as well with like 2 people and still have something worth doing. You're just like Massokre, craving perfection. I would rather 20 crappy quests (ie:UN) than 3 (or should I say 2 now?) Good quests!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Update:Even though most the animations were completely disregarded, the quest it back up and working-ish.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Bowie's Deciple
the boss broke because this.mode is now used as an internal variable in graalv5, which in graalv4 it wasnt. this.mode is something massokre used as a custom variable in many things ^_^ if that goes over your head, don't worry about it