Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm teh Canavi
CasanovaCanavi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CasanovaCanavi Send a message via MSN to CasanovaCanavi
Nemesis is waiting on the PWA team to be assembled before he reviews Everworld.. although he has looked at it.. he told me he likes what he's seen. Criminal's information was correct, Nemesis WAS considering not reviewing because of that (Moon Family) thing.. Nem says the PWA team is almost done, then he'll look at it, and send to Stefan.

That's what Arcadius told me today.

PS. Moon God, Arcadius wants to get in touch with you to talk about that Moon Family inncodent.
Job N-Pulse FAQ
Quote Best friends are silbling god forgot to give us.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by CasanovaCanavi
Nemesis is waiting on the PWA team to be assembled before he reviews Everworld.. although he has looked at it.. he told me he likes what he's seen. Criminal's information was correct, Nemesis WAS considering not reviewing because of that (Moon Family) thing.. Nem says the PWA team is almost done, then he'll look at it, and send to Stefan.

That's what Arcadius told me today.

PS. Moon God, Arcadius wants to get in touch with you to talk about that Moon Family inncodent.
He should already have my . email , Aim, and ICQ . I don't keep any of that a secret.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 05-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Heres my idea for Payed Server Hostings:

1.) There are 3 tabs: Gold, Classic, Player (Or call it payed/rent)
2.) The Classic AND Player are both payable servers, except classic has something different to it.

You cant get into the classic tab without passing the PWA. People may think well no point in that, just go in Player tab. But if we offer some sort of reward, such as maybe 5MB extra ontop of plan they pay for, AND $x off the price of the plan, it will make it appealing. Also maybe if we limit PAYED 'Player' servers so that there is a lower MAX of players and a limit to unpayed accounts, people will submit via the PWA. By doing this, graal gets:

a) Quality servers to play on
b) Less limitations on servers, if they pass.

And the people submitting will get:

1) More space
2) More players aloud on at once
3) Be in the 'Classic' tab
4) Cheaper Plans

0_0

There ya go.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Christian is on a distinguished road
Why limit something you pay for?
Thats like Graal can only have 5 gold accounts

If 100 player want a pay server then thats alot of money for Graal
and:

Player+Playing+Gold=Money
Money=Happy GraalOnline Team
Happy GraalOnline Team=More imrpovements
More improvements=More Player
More player=More player buying Gold
More Player=More Money
More Player=More Money
More Player=More Money

Yeah and You can do the same with servers :O!
More people buing server=More money
More money=More improvements
More improvements=More people paying for Playerworlds
More people Paying for Playerworlds=More Player
More Player=More Gold Accounts
More Gold Accounts=More people that want pay for a Playerworld
More people paying for pws=More money

I hope you see my point o.O
Old 05-14-2003, 05:41 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by Christian
Why limit something you pay for?
Thats like Graal can only have 5 gold accounts

If 100 player want a pay server then thats alot of money for Graal
and:

I hope you see my point o.O
There wont be more servers becoase of people paying for them. They will just spread further over the ones that are online until we have lots of servers with about 4-5 on. And still the same few with a good count.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Some people saying 30-60 a month?

My domain costs 7.50 a month... and if I bought a PW or payed for mine, Id only want npcserver, g-server, remote control and cpanel... dont care about website.

and id only expect to pay around 8-10 a month.

unless of course graal company is willing to offer major assistance with certain resources we may need, ie scripting gfx sounds etc.

and accomidate our requests for new features, give us ability to add new features (commands etc) and suck.. then. and only then would i be willing to pay 10-15 a month.

my suggestion is to do a custom package option....
where you put prices on everything and let the owner choose what he\she wants.

because if website comes in every package.. i dont want that. why should i pay for it?

also.. stefan has told me that pw's currently up now will get about half a year free hosting.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:04 PM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Hmm... can globals buy one I wonder?
---Shifter
Old 05-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by Projectshifter
Hmm... can globals buy one I wonder?
---Shifter
I suppose so. As long as its not a 'PW' else that would mean you would have 2 jobs which is not allowed. So if its just testing then that would be cool. Maybe people like GST and PWA should get a server so they can test things? And the PWA so that they could see the scripts that dont work offline working online.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:44 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
Heres my idea for Payed Server Hostings:

1.) There are 3 tabs: Gold, Classic, Player (Or call it payed/rent)
2.) The Classic AND Player are both payable servers, except classic has something different to it.

You cant get into the classic tab without passing the PWA. People may think well no point in that, just go in Player tab. But if we offer some sort of reward, such as maybe 5MB extra ontop of plan they pay for, AND $x off the price of the plan, it will make it appealing. Also maybe if we limit PAYED 'Player' servers so that there is a lower MAX of players and a limit to unpayed accounts, people will submit via the PWA. By doing this, graal gets:

a) Quality servers to play on
b) Less limitations on servers, if they pass.

And the people submitting will get:

1) More space
2) More players aloud on at once
3) Be in the 'Classic' tab
4) Cheaper Plans

0_0

There ya go.
I kinda like that... Although maybe there could be three tabs:

Gold, Silver, Bronze

Gold servers would be cream of the crop servers, like GK or whatever... Silver would be good servers but they aren't as impressive, and bronze would be whatever is left over. If you can make a server that is good enough to go into the Gold category, your server would be nearly the first name they see on the list when they open Graal. (instead of on the 3rd tab halfway down the list)

Then maybe there could be the benefit stuff for each class of server. Like Gold gets to use better servers, a price discount (or more profit for each player they get to upgrade), Silver gets a price discount, and bronze is just the basic package.

I definitely think the better servers should be rewarded. I mean it's a lot of work to make a good playerworld, and the managers aren't getting anything out of it (unless they make profit), but having a faster more reliable server, or having their server listed first, would give these managers more motivation to keep their playerworld good.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 05-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Eric_1337 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eric_1337 Send a message via AIM to Eric_1337
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

Gold, Silver, Bronze

Gold servers would be cream of the crop servers, like GK or whatever... Silver would be good servers but they aren't as impressive, and bronze would be whatever is left over. If you can make a server that is good enough to go into the Gold category, your server would be nearly the first name they see on the list when they open Graal. (instead of on the 3rd tab halfway down the list)

Then maybe there could be the benefit stuff for each class of server. Like Gold gets to use better servers, a price discount (or more profit for each player they get to upgrade), Silver gets a price discount, and bronze is just the basic package.

I definitely think the better servers should be rewarded. I mean it's a lot of work to make a good playerworld, and the managers aren't getting anything out of it (unless they make profit), but having a faster more reliable server, or having their server listed first, would give these managers more motivation to keep their playerworld good.
I totally agree with you konidias, being an awesome server and getting absoulutly no benifits would be *****ic and unuseful to the managers to work at all. Motivation is a main factor into becoming a great server or for anything in the real world. Wihtout any kind of motivation, the server won't be any good at all.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Ah yes, Gold-silver-Bronze is easier than: Gold, Classic, Rent.
And maybe Gold should only be for Gold accounts and VIPs as we currently know them for. And maybe trail users could be saved on bronze servers (as they would be of a lessert quality) but if that server gets alot of people or improves it gets moved to Silver, and its possible to be moved back down. Maybe they have to meet targets to stay where they are.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Mr. Bear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Bear
Playerworld Sponsorship

I didn't have enough time last night to read this entire thread but when Unixmad starts the Playerworld program you may contact me for a sponsorship.

Mike @
E-Mail: [email protected]

I'm willing to pay for one server with all the features if you provide me with some examples of your previous work.

Thanks,
Bear

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." - Marcus Aurelius

Old 05-22-2003, 05:25 PM
galase galase!
mhermher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher
bear, i think my PW have nice stuff... if you are willing to pay for it, then id love it

Adiarde Manager
Old 05-24-2003, 02:59 AM
MedievalSmurf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MedievalSmurf Send a message via AIM to MedievalSmurf
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

Gold, Silver, Bronze

From talking to tyhm , he told me that there that there was idea pretty much like yours but it involved vips to a grater extent.
Well firstly he told me that the graalonline staff were debating on the topic that only Vip members could only apply for Pw hosting sense that they were the only people bothered to upgrade to Vip so they can get scripts and other stuff / tools.

Getting back to the point , Vips might only be aloud to apply for graal pw hosting sense we will get , new tools , new graphics , new script provided by graal for our projects , just becouse we are vips.

I strongly believe that this is a very smart move for graal , it ensures a all hight new standard for graal playerworld and it also shows the deduction of the pw managers for there server. Thats why nearly all server owners like moongod turned Vip.

I also think tyhm said that servers that get the most player hits will be give some benefit like, price discount and they can also earn money buy selling graal account from there server.

I dont know if any of this will happen , it there is a very high chance that it might.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:45 AM
tlf288 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tlf288 Send a message via Yahoo to tlf288
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I didn't feel like reading 133 posts just to find out .

Will the mudlibs be available for rented server?