Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Dynasty

Also thinking of naming the server Dominion. Please leave your preference on the name

Dynasty is a server that takes place in ancient times, intended for facebook and iphone. We will start development for the pc client first so it can be easily transfered to facebook with little change. I haven't purchased the server yet because I am trying to get talented developers that are dedicated and a good amount of graphics and levels before I actually go and buy the server.

Here is the story.(not polished yet, will look for a story writer to make it far more interesting)

The SHRUB dynasty has been ruling the lands of Exoria for hundreds of years, and the citizens do not like the ways of their leader. Early one morning, hordes of citizens revolt and a large civil war begins. The two armies fight for several days until finally the citizens emerge victorious. After the fight, there becomes a problem; Who shall the new leader be? The citizens begin to fight and no one can agree. Buildings and farms are burned, and violence is everywhere. People begin to form groups and start to overtake previously built forts around the area in an attempt to fully dominate the lands.

After an epic animation that shows this story, you find your character in a tutorial that emerges you in the actual story.

The goal of the server is to dominate and lead the lands by controling forts around the map all with different power levels. Inside the forts you can build destructable defenses such as walls and turrets with iron and wood you mine/cut. You can also hire npc mercenaries(limited) to fight for you for both food and gold. Forts will have lots of open space to allow room to build and so people don't lame small paths. This game is highly team/guild oriented so you want to play with friends. Controlling forts gets you a steady stream of money and resources and gets you points. The guild with the most points is named as the leading army(points decay, but there is also an all time leaderboard for fun), and gets special rewards/virtual trophies. Unlike the other iphone servers, guilds will have a much higher player cap. However to ensure not everyone is in the same guild, there will be a penalty on having too many members(less gold flow to leader since its split) and much rewarding for leading your own guild or joining a small one. I will adjust the amount of towers based on how difficult it is to take one. The goal is to make level one towers that are abundant easy to take with about 2-3 people while level 3 towers take a good 20+ people to take.

the game will also feature highly action oriented combat. There will be many types of weapons that all play much differently. For example, you can attack and move fast with daggers but they do less damage and are short ranged. A great sword deals tons of damage but is very slow. you can wear armor but it slows you down. Hammers can stun. ah and bows

In addition, the server has plenty of pve combat. The game will have instanced dungeons with many bosses. The ai is hoped to be advanced and tricky to fight.

What the server will not have:
level/overpower gear system

The server will be based on skill and not how much you can grind for money and exp. There will be no level system to ensure that all players are equal(everyone has 100 hp). However, there will be a variety of types of weapons to craft(weapons can break)
if you die you respawn at the nearest graveyard.

making a hiring thread soon, look out for it.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:09 AM
LordBryson is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds good but I think it needs a new name doesn't really catch
Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
Sounds interesting. Am I correct in assuming this is classic style?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:51 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0PiX0 View Post
Sounds interesting. Am I correct in assuming this is classic style?
classic tileset but unique weapons system rather than the default sword system
Old 10-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Dominion sounds way better to be honest. For the rest, cool concept! I'm intrigued.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Good luck
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.