FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Yea I agree. I'm not really arguing you with except when you say that item-values haven't lowered as a result of money being removed from the economy...and auctions have clearly removed money from the economy (particularly ones that sell things already circulating). It may not be the best way to do things, but it has worked.

It's far cheaper to get your hands on things than it was a few months ago.
yeah, but also tie into my theory that npc jobs give an unlimited amount of money. you may lower the money supply but the money will eventually get it's way back into the economy through jobs (or spawning, glitching, etc)

it might be slow, but it's still working it's way through and shouldn't be neglected. especially over the span of a few months. Era hasn't reset in almost 3 years if I remember correctly. all the auctions that Smu did in the beginning eventually canceled itself out because of people that made money through npc jobs. to top it all off, you guys don't do auctions too frequently so I'm sure that most of the money that was deleted back when you guys started auctioning stuff has made great progress in getting it's way back into the economy. I could be wrong, I'm just going by my judgment. I also don't suggest to do any more auctions, but to focus on other things I've suggested to help create a stable economy.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
As someone has already said, higher paying jobs will not solve anything. Putting more money into the economy just causes prices to rise.
When I first came back to Era after about a year, I asked Chris to reset me so I could start fresh. After the reset I painfully worked for hours doing the various jobs around Era only to earn a couple thousand dollars. And the thing is, I only made as much as I did because I knew that the jobs on Era did not pay equally and I knew which jobs were the ones that would make me money quicker, but these are things a newcomer will not know. I sent a mass message asking, "How much do I need before I can get a decent gun?" I received messages with prices ranging from 30k-60k. I said screw this there's no way in hell am I going to pick flowers or do any of these other stupid jobs for chump change until I reach 30k. I got my lucky break when I found a locker for $125 and sold it for a lot more, only because I used to play Era and I knew that they sold for a lot more.

My point is, if your going to have a server based on doing things that require decent guns (i.e. gang raids, events, sparring) then you should definitely make the decent guns easier to access for the new players. You have to realize that Era is one of the top servers on Graal and it will attract a lot of new players. I'm pretty sure that they deserve to have fun like the more experienced players are having. Right now, mainly the only thing you can do when your new on Era is work. You can't join a gang, you can't participate in a lot of the events that are hosted, all there is to do is work, work boring jobs and try to stay away from the other experienced players who keep killing you, it gets frustrating. This is why a lot of the newer players quit. The reason I say to raise the amount of money jobs pay (and keep the guns the same prices) is that it will make guns more accessible. But this will only work if A LOT more guns are released.

Quote:
Taxing bank accounts is an extremely lazy way to remove money from the economy and shouldn't be considered an "idea" at all. Instead, there needs to be more "money-sinks". Things players can spend their money on. Things that don't last forever, or novelty items.

As far as interest goes, It's seems pretty counter-productive to encourage players to save their money instead of getting involved in the game.

Businesses are already taxed heavily.
I didn't really put much thought into the taxing and interest thing, but after reading all your posts it does seem like a bad idea to me now.

Quote:
Speak for yourself, or atleast provide some examples of why you feel this way. "Best" is a relative term, what are you comparing us to? The current staff team has it's pros and cons, but it's far better than what we've had in the past. Change is coming, and a lot is planned -- I promise you that. You might also be surprised to hear that we actually know what we're doing

off-topic: what happened to you anyways? I never really heard why you stopped working on Era...did you quit?
It doesn't really matter why I don't work on Era anymore. I didn't quit. I was removed because I did something that doesn't really matter but it's all good.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
If anyone asks me about jobs I list them all and say what's best

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:36 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidwolve View Post
A lot of people say resetting the server is the way to go, but the economic problem will just repeat itself. Era is in a loop. Though resetting will provide a short-term solution to the problem. We are just going to see the same situation sometime later on in the future, followed by another annoying reset . In my eyes, a reset would be pointless unless a plan for a better economic system is developed first.
That's what I said ^_^ lol!

Quote:
Fixed prices for guns:
A big reason why the richer players overshadow the other players as much as they do is because they know how to trade well and make a profits off trading. Era should not be mainly a bartering-for-profit server. This is especially true for the newcomers not knowing what to do. How would you feel if you were a new player and your working your ass off spending hours to make 10k, when other players around you are shooting you as soon as you leave 'unstick me' with guns worth 200k, 300k, and beyond? Guns they earned simply by trading and having connections? Gun prices are fluctuating by the week and this is a big problem. For example, weeks back I remember an MP40 was around 70-80k. Today, people are telling me that it is worth about 50k now. Wtf? This is should not be happening. My suggestion is that Era have more gun stores that sell guns with fixed prices. This way people will actually have to work for their money instead of hustling and manipulating other players who don't know any better for profit. And to keep rare guns rare, the NPC-Server can just spawn one or two of these guns every so often, but not enough for the weapon to lose value.
I agree to a point but. . . some guns tend to get buffed/nerfed, therefor manipulating it's economic price. They also start to become more common, which decreases the price.
Perhaps they should look at Runescape and take there "Grand Exchange" system into consideration by having set prices etc. This can also prevent scamming :P

Quote:
Better management with guns:
Era needs a lot more guns. Period.
Well, most people like Era due to its simplicity. A lot of gamers nowadays dislike games that are complex, unless it has a larger playercount and big all around.

Quote:
Taxes and Interest:
Periodically, depending on how staff feel the economy is doing, bank accounts should be either taxed or given interest by a fixed percentage.
I was told that most people don't have have 1,000,000$ in there bank account, and that players are only worth what they are due to there guns they own. Which is why I shot my idea out that guns should break and players should pay to fix them. The price to fix them would rely on the guns economic price.

Quote:
And a better staff team:
Lets face it we don't have the best staff team.

We are told to contact GP's when we have a problem. But what if the only GP is Squirt? Your screwed aren't you?

Or what about if you have a question PM a FAQ? There have been many times where I have asked a FAQ a question and they had no idea what the answer was."

Levels team? What do they do? I don't see any new levels or quests? Do you?

The events team does an excellent job, no complaints there.
Agreed, I've witnessed some naughty things staff do. From abusing there rights to spawning guns for friends, I've seen it all.
One thing I find fishy is that, when Deo was promoted to manager, why were his friends Squirt and Dunez all of the sudden hired/promoted? Hmm.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:01 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Agreed, I've witnessed some naughty things staff do. From abusing there rights to spawning guns for friends, I've seen it all.
One thing I find fishy is that, when Deo was promoted to manager, why were his friends Squirt and Dunez all of the sudden hired/promoted? Hmm.
It's true me and Squirt are friends. However, he came to Era on his own and he applied for GP on his own. I never suggested either to him. I hired based solely on the top apps and history. If you had seen his app you would have known why I hired him as GP. As a matter of fact I remember showing people his application as proof at the time when they came to me complaining. As for the position he is in now, it is well deserved. He worked harder than any of the other GP's to work his way up, and he has always been good at the job. So I would appreciate if you and anyone with the same views would stop with the assumptions.

As for Dunez, we were not friends before he came to Era. I barely knew him. I would just see him from time to time on servers, that's all.
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
1) We've done a much better controlling gun prices. Yes they're still high, but they're much lower than they used to be.
2) You can work at businesses. Gun Point and Ammo Mart pay like $5 per lead and iron.
3) Masa has been doing a fine a job on fixing guns.
4) We do have taxes on businesses not banks. We don't need interest. How would you even calculate the interest? Compound by using the compound interest formula money(1+rate of interest)^number of days (instead of years)
5) Our staff team is fine. The GPs are doing their job and my FAQs are do theirs. Our development team is doing a great job fixing old errors as well as implementing newer updates to Era.
Ok sorry to bash you Gab. (dont take it personal)
1. the prices omg when i left a SG was worth like 25k to 30k now i came back and there worth 60k so it seems like gun prices went higher.
2. Why work at a business when for 5g when u can sell it to the npc mining shop for 6g per mineral don't make sense.
3. Like i said i really haven't came back so idk about masa but to me the guns are normal just move guns around the Status.
4. U can easily script it where it takes 5 percent or 10 percent of the income coming in each week.
5. I seen gps around but honestly Every server knows Era is the lazy Staff Team on Graal Classic Tab. The Staff team could be more active and its been a year since a new quest came out or anything worth playing. This dont include the ec shop actually content. Honestly the gang system will fail again and era will too unless u guys can get control over the economy. I know your staff and stick up for them but honestly how would u know u don't develop how long u been FAQ Admin u could at least already learn how to lat decent so ya also Era as the Less staff team and hard to get on even ur the best if ur not friends u don't get hired or anything
Old 07-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Graal Developer
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Another thing the business ya Ammo Mart and Gun Point blah blah same old stuff i want to see a Business/Gang that has the balls to say u know what this is a good idea ill give them a shot without them like well i got to talk or im scared i might screw up
Old 07-05-2009, 07:57 AM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
The reason I say to raise the amount of money jobs pay (and keep the guns the same prices) is that it will make guns more accessible. But this will only work if A LOT more guns are released.

It doesn't really matter why I don't work on Era anymore. I didn't quit. I was removed because I did something that doesn't really matter but it's all good.
Alright, so, first off...unless every gun previously made (and those released in the future) is subsequently released in a shop and set at a fixed priced and constantly stocked...you'll never be able to "keep guns the same prices."

Not with 50 guns, not with 1000. What part of player-run economy don't you get?

Secondly, clearly it did matter, because you were removed for it.

And finally, I'd just like to address the Deophite discussion here for a minute. I think a lot of people are forgetting the staff team disaster that occurred once Frankie and Icarus stepped down. The issue was being fixed with Sales and Mange heading the dev and player relations administrations, but then they also ended up leaving for personal reasons.

From what I've seen and the discussions I've had, Deo (and please, he can certainly correct me if I am wrong) didn't really even want to get manager in the first place. He was asked to take it because no one left on the team was trusted or able enough for the position. So he did. And he helped bring some stability back to the server and rebuilt an entire staff team that for the most part has done a great job. So what if Era isn't Deo's greatest passion. He might not live to be immersed in development ideas and the future of Era. Hell, he doesn't even play Era really at all. But ye, that's enabled him to be an unbiased judge of player situations and staff situations. And for a job like manager, I think that unbiased decision making is not just a good thing, but a necessity. He stepped up to the plate when he needed to, and he did a damn good job of bringing some order back into the server. And for that, I salute him.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
needs more drifting

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 07-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
Ok sorry to bash you Gab. (dont take it personal)
1. the prices omg when i left a SG was worth like 25k to 30k now i came back and there worth 60k so it seems like gun prices went higher.
2. Why work at a business when for 5g when u can sell it to the npc mining shop for 6g per mineral don't make sense.
3. Like i said i really haven't came back so idk about masa but to me the guns are normal just move guns around the Status.
4. U can easily script it where it takes 5 percent or 10 percent of the income coming in each week.
5. I seen gps around but honestly Every server knows Era is the lazy Staff Team on Graal Classic Tab. The Staff team could be more active and its been a year since a new quest came out or anything worth playing. This dont include the ec shop actually content. Honestly the gang system will fail again and era will too unless u guys can get control over the economy. I know your staff and stick up for them but honestly how would u know u don't develop how long u been FAQ Admin u could at least already learn how to lat decent so ya also Era as the Less staff team and hard to get on even ur the best if ur not friends u don't get hired or anything
As I stated earlier, the market shifts, but we have MUCH better control than we used to.
The interest/tax system is a ridiculous idea. They're mutually exclusive. If you tax a person but then give them interest in their bank account? You're taking money away THEN giving more back.
I have been a FAQ Admin for let's say 5-8 months. I have been a staff member for a total of one year. I know how well the staff team works since I have been both a FAQ Admin and a GP and it's working well. The development team is doing MUCH better. You ask "how do you know thing if you're not a developer," well I am on RC every day when they talk about development ideas and how to implement new updates. Do I know exactly how these ideas will work? No because I am not a developer, but I know they're WORKING on it.
The current staff team is the LEAST LAZIEST staff team that I have seen in a long time. They work VERY hard and do a good job at it. Just because the past staff teams are lazy doesn't mean that the current one is just as lazy.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 07-05-2009, 09:37 PM
JohnMD91
johnmd91 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to johnmd91 Send a message via MSN to johnmd91
have you ever thought instead of complaining about prices rising all the time if someone managed to get a popular site with gun prices on, people would go to that and look and prices wouldnt fly up so fast
Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Graal Developer
Alright they might not be that lazy with Chris and Sales but still lazy compare of new delteria and new n-pulse has
almost completed a brand new server didn't use nothing and with Aeon
i been Developer there for a year and a half. and 6 months ago we erase all of Opan started out fresh and we did the whole gmap,systems graphics ganis everything and were about to release opan now Opan has more complex systems then era im just wondering why u guys haven't finish the new era honestly u guys had about 2 years to do it ect and still nothing i doubt they will be a reset honestly
Old 07-06-2009, 05:04 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Alright they might not be that lazy with Chris and Sales but still lazy compare of new delteria and new n-pulse has
i been Developer there for a year and a half. and 6 months ago we erase all of Opan started out fresh and we did the whole gmap,systems graphics ganis everything and were about to release opan now Opan has more complex systems then era im just wondering why u guys haven't finish the new era honestly u guys had about 2 years to do it ect and still nothing i doubt they will be a reset honestly
We've had about four months to do it. Angel was going in completely the wrong direction and refused to listen to any of us when we warned her. When she resigned, we had to redo most of the stuff she did (basically, the GMAP; she didn't do a whole lot). You act like we've been the staff team forever.

Besides that, Era's not as simple ahs Aeon or whatever to script. N-Pulse has been working on their "Rebirth" server for at least a year now, and when I last saw it a few months ago it was far from ready to be released. I can't speak for Delteria, but I know they've been working on that for a while.

It's a mystery to me why we get called "lazy" for not working on the Dev server when you haven't even seen it.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Yeah I've seen the new Delteria, its seriously amazing. Gold server material. But it really isn't fair to call Era's staff team lazy, I have seen the Dev server and there is a completely different gmap already made but from what I hear they aren't going to use it and are waiting on tileset fixes to begin work on another gmap.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Developer
FantasyX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FantasyX
before our staff team (with an average age of like, 16) goes and changes the "big economic problem," read up on what frankie has to say, he's been around on Era for a while and has experienced a lot of the economic problems that would arise if you kept doing things the way they are being done

Torque