Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 07:11 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Unique request for a Server Manager

Well, I've grown old and lost my youthful spirit of story telling and I now mostly enjoy just developing random crap. I want to pull the collective thoughts of people, specifically one good person. I need someone who is imaginative, creative, and not limited by any bounds. Now, I, being the server owner, will remain attached to my server and develop your story/gameplay along side with you. It will all be yours, essentially, just keep me entertain/busy. I am quite adept at all forms of development so the not even the sky is the limit. You can either post your ideas here, forum PM me, email me ([email protected]), or IM me ( AgainstTheQuo).

Thank you,
Jex Varia
Old 07-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
Though I have no intentions of taking the offered position on your server I do have quite a few leftover ideas that we decided not to use over on Delteria while making our new overworld. I rarely check these forums, but if you want to hit me up on my aim (Chance Mercy) I'll be more than willing to discuss what direction you want to take your server in and if any of my already made system outlines would work for you I will be more than happy to give them to you. Even if none of my outlines will be of use for the direction you are headed I get rather bored while at work and may decide to type something up for you from scratch that will better suit your needs.

Just hit me up on aim anytime. Again, my screen name is Chance Mercy.

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:49 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
I just want to suggest that you try making a team tower defense server. That would be interesting. I don't want to help other than to say that idea.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Here is a server idea i've been trying to get a chance to work on but havent had really much time and i don't have gold so i gave up after i started the gmap. Anyways this is the idea summarized:

There are couple of islands with of course ports and ship yards. There will be 2 rival pirate groups trying to control this part of the world. The main thing about the server would be how wars happen. There are boat wars that will allow you to take over the territory and ship yards. Then you will have to take the fight onto land. You raid the hideouts of the pirates and take over each bit of the island. Once you own the island you have control of the money made on there among other things. For example you would get cheaper items from your controlled islands. In addition There would be weapons but it wouldn't just be swords. There would be cannons, daggers, early guns, and more. Things to do would be to do treasure hunts, explore, fight, and more.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Here is a server idea i've been trying to get a chance to work on but havent had really much time and i don't have gold so i gave up after i started the gmap. Anyways this is the idea summarized:

There are couple of islands with of course ports and ship yards. There will be 2 rival pirate groups trying to control this part of the world. The main thing about the server would be how wars happen. There are boat wars that will allow you to take over the territory and ship yards. Then you will have to take the fight onto land. You raid the hideouts of the pirates and take over each bit of the island. Once you own the island you have control of the money made on there among other things. For example you would get cheaper items from your controlled islands. In addition There would be weapons but it wouldn't just be swords. There would be cannons, daggers, early guns, and more. Things to do would be to do treasure hunts, explore, fight, and more.
I think that's a little bit too complex to be scripter smooth (not sure tho).
Old 07-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Varia Developer
I can easily do it, no limits ;]
Old 07-31-2009, 08:47 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Sent you two PMs with an old server concept I had during one of my bans, go nuts.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
This is the outline of the gmap i was using to make the pirate server if interested

Old 08-01-2009, 12:31 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Are you really that confident in your scripting ability?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
How long is this server going to remain funded?
Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 AM
Varia Developer
have 150 some days left, I will renew most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
Are you really that confident in your scripting ability?
Why yes, yes I am.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:54 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post

That was totally Azure Skies concept explained except than my boats were floating, and the ocean was simply the sky.

Oh well...
Old 08-03-2009, 05:17 AM
Varia Developer
I have decided a server theme and such and the person is developing alongside me, more info to come when the server gets close to release or whenever I feel like it. :P
Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 AM
Zeus Condero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
I have decided a server theme and such and the person is developing alongside me, more info to come when the server gets close to release or whenever I feel like it. :P
pics or it didn't happen