Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2006, 09:01 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
I like to think of it as "Dark Rival is still under construction, but it shows true potentail, this is happening too fast though, if anythiong, I'd expect DR to be hosted first, classic in a few years, maybe less"
Yeah I can really see competition in the hosted area.

The only good server there is Zenkou which appears to be dead. Keyword appears, I doubt it is.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I like to think of it as "Dark Rival is still under construction, but it shows true potentail, this is happening too fast though, if anythiong, I'd expect DR to be hosted first, classic in a few years, maybe less"
That had alot of grammar errors. All of your posts have grammar errors quite frankly.

Obviously that was a april fools. This playerworld will never make it, im not trying to be offensive, but im giving honest opinion.

And who cares on this determination crap. If he was so determined, he would try to make his staff team better but its still bad.

Quote:
Well, I did hire a good Co-Manager for once
Why thank you. You're good co manager likes to flame me and my server everywhere. How mature of a good comanager. And i would suspect a good comanager try to make a server a good server.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 04-01-2006 at 09:46 PM..
Old 04-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388 Send a message via Skype™ to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X
That had alot of grammar errors. All of your posts have grammar errors quite frankly.

Obviously that was a april fools. This playerworld will never make it, im not trying to be offensive, but im giving honest opinion.

And who cares on this determination crap. If he was so determined, he would try to make his staff team better but its still bad.
Well, I did hire a good Co-Manager for once
Old 04-01-2006, 09:27 PM
lancelot9 is on a distinguished road
Because there is very little "Good" people on graal anymore.

Im cool because I can make outside levels with a tileset.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:49 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X
That had alot of grammar errors. All of your posts have grammar errors, quite frankly.

Obviously that was an april fools. This playerworld will never make it. I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm just giving an honest opinion.

And who cares about this determination crap. If he was so determined, he would try to make his staff team better, but it's still bad.

Bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 04-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Banned
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388 Send a message via Skype™ to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142
Bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Oh my, now you're gonna be called ignorant.

Mystic, we already know your opinion, as biased as it is. Please stop screwing around, not for me, but for yourself.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Banned
Quote:
Why thank you. You're good co manager likes to flame me and my server everywhere. How mature of a good comanager. And i would suspect a good comanager try to make a server a good server.
I'd do it too, but I'm banned for....oh wait....you didn't mention a reason......
He's banned too.....
It's odd how he would take offense to the stuff you posted on Graal Bible, and your masses. Weird, I though everyone liked being harassed. hmmm
Old 04-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Registered Punmaster
Sulukra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have meen informed by the PWA that DR will NOT make the hosted tab...
They're making it FULL CLASSIC!
So, look foward to DR on the classic tab, hope to see you all there!
Thats what they all say before they figure out that Myrrodin has gone Gold.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:38 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
This has to be said.

Out of curiosity, I decided to check on the progress of Dark Rival. I walked around the overworld for a few minutes and went back to main town. This is where I found out that this was the old overworld.

Using the handy little warping NPC in the image of Vima, the Co-Owner, I was warped to the new main town and I have to say: Good job guys. The increase of quality startled me off my chair.

I congratulate Excaliber for coming so far into development with his steel determination and his ignorance to those who told him to quit out on the project. Looking at the quality of these new levels, I can see that you have progressed far, and I only hope that the overall gmap is of the same standard.

Again, good job.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Millenium Owner
Omini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Omini Send a message via MSN to Omini Send a message via Yahoo to Omini
When I worked on Dark Rival, I was somewhat begging Excal to organize his server a bit. There were far too many uncategorized weapons, with stolen graphics (ones from UN if I remember right). The folders were so confusing as well. All the levels were in 1 folder. All the events, houses, shops, overworld levels - one folder. Made it extremely difficult to locate a file. With the overworld levels being called random things like "main1_darkrival2.nw" and "mainpath_darkrival2.nw" also made it difficult to find a location without having to log on player.

The overworld was so ugly (I accidently spelt that as 'ungly'... I invented a new definition for UN) and confusing that it should have been scraped.

Although after reading Codein's post I logged on and checked it out, I agree - it is much better.

I don't have RC so I can't really say with the organization of the inventory and folders, but it appears the weapons havnt been sorted out.

Although level wise, good job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toomanyweapons.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	36240  
Old 04-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omini
I don't have RC so I can't really say with the organization of the inventory and folders, but it appears the weapons havnt been sorted out.

Although level wise, good job.
Yeah, the organization isn't so good, I should probably sort the files out. The weapons will eventually be sorted out, to reduce that huge screen, however this will take some time, as I will have to replace EVERY weapon with a new name, and EVERY player will have to get their weapons back somehow x_X
Old 04-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Yeah, the organization isn't so good, I should probably sort the files out. The weapons will eventually be sorted out, to reduce that huge screen, however this will take some time, as I will have to replace EVERY weapon with a new name, and EVERY player will have to get their weapons back somehow x_X
Wouldnt be that hard to script really.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 04-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx
Wouldnt be that hard to script really.
I would have to add, IN EVERY weapon's script something that adds the new weapon, and deletes the old one, then, once every player has done this (that will take a while) I have to delete all the old weapons x_X
Old 04-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Millenium Owner
Omini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Omini Send a message via MSN to Omini Send a message via Yahoo to Omini
how about this in the NPC Server

NPC Code:
if (hasweapon("Original Name")) {
removeweapon "Original Name";
addweapon "New Weapon Name";
}

And that should do it, if you just keep repeating that for each weapon with Copy and Paste then a little editing.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Errr, or even better:

(im guessing you use GS2)

NPC Code:

function onCreated()
{
this.oldNames = {"Bomb", "Bow"};
this.newNames = {"Weapons/Bomb", "Weapons/Bow"};
for (this.i = 0; this.i < this.oldNames.size(); this.i ++)
{
if ( hasweapon( this.oldNames[this.i]) ) {
removeweapon( this.oldNames[this.i]);
addweapon( this.newNames[this.i]);
}
}
}

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto