Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Hello and Goodbyes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
DarkCloud_PK

R.I.P

http://dustycloud.org/blog/in-memoriam-matt-despears
Old 12-20-2011, 07:24 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
:|.

Kind of shocked really, RIP. Was pretty fun to talk to him and watch him interact with other people on Classic, brightened the place up.

Last edited by Crono; 12-20-2011 at 07:59 AM..
Old 12-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Rest in Peace DC.

We may not have seen eye to eye these past couple of years, but I guess it's clear to see he sadly wasn't in his right frame of mind. It shouldn't be ignored that he was one of Classic's best FAQ Administrators in the early 2000s, and later a big contributor to Classic's event development.

Memorial in the trading card game house?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
What the ****? I really can't believe that and don't know what to say, but I know I want to say something. DC was a really hilarious and nice guy, and I enjoyed his presence around Classic. We've argued and bickered about stupid stuff, but he's always seen the entertaining side of it and never really held a grudge. I wouldn't have thought he'd do something like this, and I'm really shocked (and upset to be honest) that he has.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
Always sad to see someone go in the Graal Community...

Rest In Peace!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:06 AM
albus777 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to albus777
I am shocked. Me and DC always went back and forth, but he was a pretty cool, calm guy for the most part. May he rest in peace.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Trip
Triptheballer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Triptheballer
Jaw dropped once i heard about it. Wow..just plain wow. We werent the best of friends but he seemed to always be lurking around classic getting something done for us. Dammit. Makes you feel so helpless hearing about something like this.

Thor, i wouldnt be opposed to that memorial..doubt anyone else would either.

R.I.P bud..
Old 12-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Rip dc.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
I wish he could have done something else than this, but what's been done has been done. I know he liked to mess around, but he was never causing any harm, and after that he was actually a nice person. I knew he had some demons to battle but I didn't know it was this deep.

Thanks for all the fun times you gave on Graal. RIP
Old 12-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Man...

R.I.P. Dude
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 12-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Old 12-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Shedding a tear right now. I was wondering where he went but finals kept me too preoccupied to worry. Me and DC had several great moments in the 2-3 years I've known him relatively well.

He gave me my development job on classic (when thor didnt want to), and the hilarious and memorable moments, both on RC and client, that ensued afterwards. The great moments with GC, and the hilarious moments on UN.

There goes my go to guy to for football when I came online. Next week is Lions vs. Packers too

RIP DC

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 12-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
I haven't followed graal for years nor kept in touch with many fellow Classicians, though DC and I would occasionally talk football via AIM. But we haven't in a while so this news came from out of no where and I'm...not sure what to say really.

DC (or Matt, rather,) was certainly different but, like most of us, he just wanted to have fun in his own way. One of the fondest memories of my entire graal career was certainly testing his card game, which he put so much time into.

Right now I'd enjoy nothing more than to chat with him about the Packer's chances to repeat, or just at all really. If I can (as I might not have access to them anymore,) I'll try to find any screenshots from over the years of DC and compile them into once place for everyone to see.

RIP man...RIP.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:33 AM
RIP Darkcloud_PK
weeway will become famous soon enough
Matt was a great guy... He was always so kind to me, although I know he liked to start arguements with other people.
The news still has me shocked and very upset.... Matt encouraged me to develop on Classic, and hired me when nobody else would. Over the years I got to know him pretty well... We talked about everything. I would ask him for his advice and he would show me pictures of his son, Logan.
I will miss Matt very much and i'll never forget him. I feel bad for his son who will never see his dad again.
RIP Matt
Old 12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I think it would be fitting that if Classic were to succeed and eventually make money through the sales of card packs, some of that could be sent to Sammy for DC's son.