Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2014, 05:51 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
yeah, i was thinking that most of the items you get from the gifts can't be pawned, so I dunno how that would ruin the economy. people puttin up all those xmas items in the mall are having their items being bought by people that have cash. that money is moving around and most of it comes from players pking and doing jobs (not pawning xmas items). unless you mean something else by economy.

word on the street is that around 70 mil was duped in the recent duping incident. i was surprised at who did it though. the guy had a high mining level too, so you know he was a hard worker. i guess he decided to stop playing era the right way. rip.

Last edited by Zongui; 12-26-2014 at 06:16 AM..
Old 12-26-2014, 08:58 AM
BigMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
word on the street is that around 70 mil was duped in the recent duping incident.
Word on the street? Must be true then!
Old 12-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
10th post... then it must be true
Old 12-27-2014, 01:01 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
yeah, i was thinking that most of the items you get from the gifts can't be pawned, so I dunno how that would ruin the economy. people puttin up all those xmas items in the mall are having their items being bought by people that have cash. that money is moving around and most of it comes from players pking and doing jobs (not pawning xmas items). unless you mean something else by economy.

word on the street is that around 70 mil was duped in the recent duping incident. i was surprised at who did it though. the guy had a high mining level too, so you know he was a hard worker. i guess he decided to stop playing era the right way. rip.
I wasn't even thinking about pawning.

I was referring to creating hundreds and hundreds of MP5 Navy equivalents and giving them out to everyone for free.
If I owned an MP5 Navy right now I'd be trying to sell it fast, buy one of these for 15k, now I've still got a 0.05 freeze, 0.25 rate of fire gun, with a bigger clip and only 1 less damage, but now I also have an extra 600k in my bank account.

SL-86 Candy Canes will affect the price of MP5 Navy more than all of the duped MP5 Navys did.

Add to that all of the Big Licks that were spawned, and consider that there are people who made millions on the first day by selling these for 400k+ and selling Reindeer Mounts for 200k+.
Plus all of the other items that got were generated.

How is that not damaging the economy more than duping a few items that have a stable price and which actually at least still fit into the tier system?

The Christmas event should have only been novelty items/auras/hats, consumable items, or season items that would no longer work once the snow was gone.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:18 AM
yeah those sl candy guns are pretty OP and they are cheap ($$$). i don't know much about the big licks. the mounts are OP too.

i have np with people making millions off of those items though. if people want to spend their money to get those items, then i don't see a problem with it. i remember godzilla talking about how there is nothing to buy on era, so he just has a lot of money saved up. i reckon there are others who feel the same, so people spendin their money on these items is no biggie.

i also remember people talkin about how noobs don't stand a chance because it takes too long to get a good weapon, but now with the xmas guns, noobs can get a good weapon fast, and for cheap too. i am guessin that some people are frustrated over this because they can't get "easy" kills anymore or something. those sl candy guns are the really good and cheap weapons that noobs can get. the sl candy gun was buffed earlier this week. i wonder what it was like before the buff.

i agree with you that it affects mp5 navy prices and what not, but overall, i don't think it messed up the economy. the only thing that i would have a problem with are the weapons. they will all get the nerf hammer most likely. for the most part, i think people are frustrated at all the noobs running around with "lame" weapons.

this is all interesting, though. trying to find a good balance. you have to remember that it is easier to make money now, so a lot more players will have good items now. i think that is catching some people by surprise. i bring up the balance part because i remember people on here complaining about how hard it is for noobs to get good weapons, but now they have good weapons, and people are now complaining about that.

Last edited by Zongui; 12-27-2014 at 01:36 AM..
Old 12-27-2014, 01:40 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I was referring to creating hundreds and hundreds of MP5 Navy equivalents and giving them out to everyone for free.

The Christmas event should have only been novelty items/auras/hats, consumable items, or season items that would no longer work once the snow was gone.
Never tried them, I don't think Ish did either we just used the items Name listed.
Obviously these items will be nerfed to (or below.. given the amount) tier 2 eventually.

Agreed; maybe I should've got more involved... forgot everything done by Name ends up needing to be fixed.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:49 AM
yeah those weapons need to be nerf'd. then all will be well. ish is on his 1 week break tho.

i actually see what you mean by the economy now, dem. the whole xmas event should have been more planned out, unless this is what they wanted to happen.

i wonder how many rare/common gifts were opened.

Last edited by Zongui; 12-27-2014 at 02:05 AM..
Old 12-27-2014, 02:17 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
i wonder how many rare/common gifts were opened.
2884 Common
1615 Rare
Old 12-27-2014, 02:20 AM
whoa i was expecting a lot more. ish is on era right now. probably gonna nerf some stuff.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
2884 Common
1615 Rare
Wrong.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Wrong.
Lol k.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:48 PM
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
Yeah, so everything has been fixed. I nerfed the SL86 guns, the Big Lick, etc.
No long term damage. Did some people make a ton of money? Sure. Did some lose money? Sure. But at least tons of cash wasn't pumped into the economy. Money just exchanged hands
Old 12-27-2014, 11:06 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude956 View Post
Yeah, so everything has been fixed. I nerfed the SL86 guns, the Big Lick, etc.
No long term damage. Did some people make a ton of money? Sure. Did some lose money? Sure. But at least tons of cash wasn't pumped into the economy. Money just exchanged hands
Yeah I'm not overly fussed about money changing hands.
My main concern was about people getting permanent weapons for free from the event.
If you'd said at the start that an SL-86 would last 1 week from the first use, then that's cool, in that case give it any stats you want.
If people want to buy 52 SL-86s for 10k each and have a years worth of them for 520k then thats ok, this puts them much closer in value to guns with similar stats.
If the Big Lick had durability like other melee weapons and after a while it was all licked up, then thats cool too, hand out Big Licks like they're candy.

It was purely the fact that they are permanent items that bothered me the most.

Another option would have been switching them to a "christmas ammo".
Anything that made them just a seasonal item would probably have been better than nerfing them into oblivion. Then after a little while they can go away for a year again.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Last i recall the last duping incident was like... years ago when two guys duped the **** outta everything and gave it all away. Atleast the last one that really screwed the economy over.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:40 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
Atleast the last one that really screwed the economy over.
Yea the most recent one didn't really do anything at all... quite the opposite; more was removed than added -- since all his accounts were reset.
As said by someone else; he had a fairly high mining level and was known to betflip/pick trash/trade as well. He was one of the richest players on the server prior to trying to dupe and force a reset.

And nothing he duped got off of his account.

Last edited by Supaman771; 12-28-2014 at 02:15 AM..