Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 11:34 AM
On graal... I'm a rebel
KyleNicholson is on a distinguished road
If there wasn't an observer mode then I wouldn't see trials with ice shields or have someone listen on my conversation then come out of nowhere saying "I heard what you said of (blank) what is this (blank) you speak of" Usualy something about items. I have been scared into using pm's instead.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
We could display some icon showing that someone is near, like on classic servers. There is a script variable "ghostsnear" for that.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:28 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Those in observer mode shouldn't see custom chat systems scripted via WNPCs (I dunno if observer mode can see gani scripts or not but they still suck regardless). All the more reason to make one (or use ChatBar++).
Old 08-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Observer mode should be cut off from everything and a message that comes up saying if they want to see more then too purchase a gold account for said server.

And can we take away the numbered accounts. They are extremely annoying.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:49 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We could display some icon showing that someone is near, like on classic servers. There is a script variable "ghostsnear" for that.
Could you fix them on zone so they can't come back into a deathmatch rond after they go into ghostmode. Ghostisnear would be nice. Maybe a ghost will appear into normal world in 3,2,1.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:22 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Is there any type of flag a player receives when they're observer mode? That way I can disable players being able to PK them while they're just standing there waiting to come out of observer mode.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 08-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Is there any type of flag a player receives when they're observer mode? That way I can disable players being able to PK them while they're just standing there waiting to come out of observer mode.
It'd be great if there was, good idea.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Players disappear for scripting when they are in observer mode. May be I can add an event when the player switches from observer mode to normal mode again (onSwitchObserverToPlayer) and add a time variable when the player switched to normal mode (player.lastobservermodetime)
Old 08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Levelsmith
TalonShriner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TalonShriner
Players using Observer mode on my server are getting messed up. Our GUI apparently covers half of their screen while some of the vital flags and weapons aren't being added to the player. X_x

Instead of Observer mode, we should take the KISS approach: Keep It Simple Stupid. Trial players would have half a month of saved free play that includes Gold Servers, Classic Servers and Hosted Servers. This way, they can find which kind of server they like the best, test it out for a reasonable amount of time then finally be pulled back out of the game and asked if they would like to sign-up for a full account. No Observer Mode. No Ghost Mode. Just a genuine, full-bodied Graal experience. And if/when they sign-up for their desired subscription, they get to continue where they left off when they were in trial mode.

Any takers? Eh? Eh?
Old 08-22-2007, 02:51 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonShriner View Post
Players using Observer mode on my server are getting messed up. Our GUI apparently covers half of their screen while some of the vital flags and weapons aren't being added to the player. X_x

Instead of Observer mode, we should take the KISS approach: Keep It Simple Stupid. Trial players would have half a month of saved free play that includes Gold Servers, Classic Servers and Hosted Servers. This way, they can find which kind of server they like the best, test it out for a reasonable amount of time then finally be pulled back out of the game and asked if they would like to sign-up for a full account. No Observer Mode. No Ghost Mode. Just a genuine, full-bodied Graal experience. And if/when they sign-up for their desired subscription, they get to continue where they left off when they were in trial mode.

Any takers? Eh? Eh?
good ideas but Unixmad won't take it i bet, I really like it, but what if the trial says no? eh? eh? eh? EH? EH? EH? EH? EH? EH? EH?

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 08-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Levelsmith
If the trial says no, its no loss to anyone (except for the person being a customer.) The player isn't taking up any resource or anything. We can't really help losing potential players if they don't like the actual gameplay; but gameplay is what will make more people join.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:14 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonShriner View Post

Any takers? Eh? Eh?
Hmm, you could just make a new account then..
Old 08-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Levelsmith
Thats true, but then they would have to start over after every time they make a new account.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
I really cant see the reason why the old system was changed...it worked, didnt it?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
I think he should just eliminate observer mode altogether. We ran into a problem on Graal Kingdoms with them. They tend to try to scam people. At least when they were real trials with no 5 hour gold time we knew what we were dealing with.