Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Gani movie, or Script?

Okay, I was playing around with Gani Movie. But when I entered Movie Mode all the sprites cleared. Okay so I placed 1 hat down. I made it move but the questions are, how do I make it for example say something like chat? Does it automatically use walk ani for walking and what if I don't want it to.

So I immediately decided scripting was probably going to be way way easier. Turns out I was half right, very very simple. Theres only 1 catch. I was unable to change the appearance of the char gani after doing it. So maybe someone has some ideas to an alternative to gani movies for making cut scenes.

If I can generate some feedback, I may attempt to build a tool that can later be released to help other servers do this.

Here is what I was trying:
PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

temp.obj showani(10player.xplayer.y-3player.dirplayer.ani"");

temp.obj.head "head25.png";

This, however does not work tho And I would still not be able to set chat
Old 06-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I assume this is for the editor we once discussed at some point?

If so, maybe you could have chat commands entered separately in the editor, between the commands for animations. Ideally, if you are making movies, you'd probably want to have the code compiled in a linear fashion, unless you know of a good way to make non-linear editing possible.

In a linear system, you can't exactly lift and move animations, or 'clips', from where they are and mess with the order a lot. But it's really not a huge disadvantage if that kind of functionality is missing.

You could put together a linear editor that allows you to select animations and other commands in the order the 'movie' is to be compiled, which would look like this:

Animation 1 -> Chat 1 -> Animation 2 -> Chat 2 -> Chat 3 -> Animation 3 -> Seteffect

However, a non-linear editor design would allow you to re-arrange the sequence of commands before you compile the code, meaning you could re-arrange them to a sequence like this:

Animation 1 -> Chat 2 -> Chat 1 -> Animation 3 -> Chat 3 -> Animation 2 -> Seteffect

But regardless of what you do, you'll probably want to make this as an editor with the ability to compile code based on the command sequence you've put in.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:12 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You have to use the actor variables:

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

with (findimg(200)) {

ani "idle";

playerlook false;

actor.head "head25.png";

// and so on..

}

Old 06-09-2013, 05:18 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
actor.name = "crono (fabulous)" ~
Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You have to use the actor variables:

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

with (findimg(200)) {

ani "idle";

playerlook false;

actor.head "head25.png";

// and so on..

}

Thanks, but whats "playerlook" variable exactly for anyways?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Thanks, but whats "playerlook" variable exactly for anyways?
If the actor should look like the current player or not.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-10-2013, 12:59 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
If the actor should look like the current player or not.
cool, thanks. should be interesting