Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 06:29 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
achievement coins

Title was meant to say "Skins for achievement coins" but i hit enter by mistake. At this point, why not? There's no other use for them unless you guys plan to implement it soon... Or atleast allow us to trade them in for ec's (1 ec per 5 achievement coins or something), or purchase cosmetic items like auras. I'm against them being used for weapons or anything like that unless they are untradeable , but i see no harm in cosmetic things like skins.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:58 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
rewarding currency for achievements is a bad idea to begin with. unless there are "repeat" achievements that you can do more than once to rack up coins, the whole currency is useless. if it's a system like xbox achievements where you earn an achievement once, then the amount of coins you can obtain is limited. after they are spent you'll never be able to get more.

achievements should just be a point number. it can be a good way to show who actually plays the game and who doesn't.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:37 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I've posted this somewhere. My plan is to create a shop that requires x amount of coins to enter. The items in the shop would require a certain amount of coins to purchase said item with cash. You'd never actually spend achievement coins though, as Frankie said you'll only be able to gain a certain amount of coins to begin with.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
achievements should just be a point number. it can be a good way to show who actually plays the game and who doesn't.
Wanted to do this before... but still the whole system isn't balanced/was not prepared for release. Sage just put random numbers into his half of the achievements and the half I did I never changed the number, I just copy/pasted the txt files and renamed them (all we were doing was getting a solid 15/category and 'testing them'). Then it got randomly released one of the times he quit; and no one has even bothered to add anything to it since then, as with most things.

Given this, there's no real way to determine anything short of the 'total achievements' tally in profiles.

Just delete the coins so people stop whining.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I could just hide them in the inventory until we plan to do something with them.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:59 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I've posted this somewhere. My plan is to create a shop that requires x amount of coins to enter. The items in the shop would require a certain amount of coins to purchase said item with cash. You'd never actually spend achievement coins though, as Frankie said you'll only be able to gain a certain amount of coins to begin with.
If that's what you're going to do, change them from being coins. Coins are associated with being spent.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
my pog collection is a coin but i dont plan on spending them ????
Old 09-08-2014, 06:48 PM
a true gentlemen
I've removed the coins from everyones inventory until a plan is put in place to utilize them.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:28 AM
dusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
my pog collection is a coin but i dont plan on spending them ????
there are certain autistic exceptions.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I've actually had people ask me what has happened to their achievement coins. lol....
Old 09-09-2014, 08:49 PM
a true gentlemen
Haha, mad they didn't have a purpose, now mad they were removed.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:15 PM
dusk
Quote:
Haha, mad they didn't have a purpose, now mad they were removed.
Do you think before you post? Just because you removed them that doesn't fix anything, people are complaining because they want them to have a purpose. If you want them to not be mad then do that.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:35 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
Do you think before you post? Just because you removed them that doesn't fix anything, people are complaining because they want them to have a purpose. If you want them to not be mad then do that.
I didn't add them in the first place. If they don't have a purpose, then there's no need to display them. End of story.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:37 PM
dusk
Quote:
I didn't add them in the first place. If they don't have a purpose, then there's no need to display them. End of story.
Ok well don't complain people are mad when all you did was hide it instead of fixing it.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
tim you are a ****ing idiot