Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Graal needs more subscription methods.

Now I know this has probably been discussed 1000 times before but since V6 is rumored to go mainstream soon I feel as though it might be a good idea to spark the discussion again in case Stefan comes around.

Personally I think the subscription prices are fine. 35 dollars for 8 months? Pretty good deal IMO.

It's just that people seem to find it overwhelming they're expected to pay that much at once. I don't really think 35 dollars is a lot though.. Maybe it's because I already know I like Graal enough to pay for it and trials don't?

I think if cheaper subscription methods were added (something like 20 dollars for 4 months, 10 dollars for 2 months), people might be more inclined to subscribe.

Like there are tons of trials on Zodiac right now o_O I wonder what's keeping them from subscribing? They apparently like Graal XD

Also is this technically supposed to go in Future Improvements? Not sure because that section is under Development Forums
Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
the subscription payments will always be inferior to the $20 for lifetime classic

that said, who knows how much it costs to keep graal running, and how much money is made off of it? while it would be nice to have a variety of payments at lower costs, it might not be effective in keeping graal operational/an asset
Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
You're right but this thread isn't about lifetime classic (never will make its return).

This thread is about how cheaper subscription methods (for less gameplay time of course) can possibly make people want to subscribe more.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Not gonna lie, I've contemplated re-upgrading a couple of times, but I don't like throwing away 40 dollars right at once without knowing if I'm gonna stay or not. I'd like to pay for like 2 or 4 months, smaller installments.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Final Star Manager
GGMallow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GGMallow
I am not 100% on this but I believe you can buy shorter periods of subscription through your cell phone. I haven't used this method and this is why I am not positive.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGMallow View Post
I am not 100% on this but I believe you can buy shorter periods of subscription through your cell phone. I haven't used this method and this is why I am not positive.
Yeah you can but the SMS codes seem to be pretty obscure.

Like there's no mention of them on the GraalOnline site's store so I might assume they are more designated for players that want to buy stuff like the improved exp pots off Zod.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the way it was in 2003, except then we had a gold server worth upgrading worth. Classic servers should never be clumped with gold and players shouldn't have to constantly upgrade to play them.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
$1 a week.

No gralats or any of that nonsense.

Just pay any amount in whole dollars and get that many weeks of play time. Simple.

Plus when you say it like that "$1 a week" it sounds really cheap. Those ads about starving kids in Africa know what's up.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Indeed. I know exactly what ads your talking about.

Now 1 dollar and if you were able to get a couple hundred idiots a week you'd be getting about a couple hundred dollars for each one. Now if by chance some stay a year and you take about 53 weeks into a year or some round number of weeks for a year you got about....

Not even enough for a normal employee from mcdonalds to make yearly.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that a lot of trials are underaged. They don't have access to their own creditcard.
You don't think expensive, but maybe they and their parents does?

I totally support that people are able to pay with SMS & Telephone. That's totally the right direction to go, but I think it's too hidden. I know a lot of people who never knew that you could buy gold with just an SMS.

and i'm really rooting for that Graal will be cheaper some day.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
That idea i can totally support considering the staff experience ive had over... 2-3 years perhaps.

Ive seen alot of trials come and go and they sometimes give of that sort of vibe that says they're a small kid. Usually a person my age will ask "How do i do this and this" while as a kid will either not speak at all or say small things like "?". That or they're foreign. thats my experience anyways. So i understand what vima is saying. and 70% chance is that none of you understand what i said. Hopefully someone out there can decipher what i said.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 01-09-2010 at 12:29 AM..
Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
I totally support that people are able to pay with SMS & Telephone. That's totally the right direction to go, but I think it's too hidden. I know a lot of people who never knew that you could buy gold with just an SMS.
If anything they need to offer this on the GraalOnline main site. Also I think more trials would upgrade if they knew they could trade Graal items for SMS codes/gold time. Some trials actually have really rare items on Zod o_O I could assume the same for Zone/GK too.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
the subscription payments will always be inferior to the $20 for lifetime classic

that said, who knows how much it costs to keep graal running, and how much money is made off of it? while it would be nice to have a variety of payments at lower costs, it might not be effective in keeping graal operational/an asset

Apparently enough to keep Unixmad and Stefan working on it. I think they increased the prices to make it worth their while.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 01-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
$1 a week.

No gralats or any of that nonsense.

Just pay any amount in whole dollars and get that many weeks of play time. Simple.

Plus when you say it like that "$1 a week" it sounds really cheap. Those ads about starving kids in Africa know what's up.
Ya.. I am not certain on this but don't you have to pay in euros? So paying "1 dollar" would really would not be a "whole" number. So really if they make you pay 1 euro (depending on the economy) it will be more or less.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:01 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Ya.. I am not certain on this but don't you have to pay in euros? So paying "1 dollar" would really would not be a "whole" number. So really if they make you pay 1 euro (depending on the economy) it will be more or less.
yes, but almost everything in america is cheaper, take the ipod touch
it is €180, but also $180.
€180. would be $260, so it's way cheaper for you guys, or you could call it way more expensive for us. So the amount you have to pay for graal seems more in comparison.