Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Magic sucks

Yeah Magic sucks, Someone with level 5 magic shouldn't be able to stop someone with level 20 magic from casting with magic bullets. And the rods are lame also because it prevents Mages from casting all people have to do is switch rods and cast again. Also magic is pointless to level after about 18 because you don't get really anything from it and they don't do much more damage. Ed was hitting me with large bullets with his level 50+ magic and they weren't doing anything to me. There needs to be some higher level spells released that do some more damage to give people a reason to level their magic. And something need to be done about a level 10 blocking me from castings.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Yeah Magic sucks, Someone with level 5 magic shouldn't be able to stop someone with level 20 magic from casting with magic bullets. And the rods are lame also because it prevents Mages from casting all people have to do is switch rods and cast again. Also magic is pointless to level after about 18 because you don't get really anything from it and they don't do much more damage. Ed was hitting me with large bullets with his level 50+ magic and they weren't doing anything to me. There needs to be some higher level spells released that do some more damage to give people a reason to level their magic. And something need to be done about a level 10 blocking me from castings.
Err you have to admit that the spells were flying yesterday in that event though.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:48 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Don't forget to mention that you were one of the people magic laming in spars. I personally sparred you several times, all you did was shoot bullet after bullet after bullet.
Indeed though, people need a better reason to level magic.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Don't forget to mention that you were one of the people magic laming in spars. I personally sparred you several times, all you did was shoot bullet after bullet after bullet.
Maybe have a spell that sets up some sort of wall that blocks projectiles

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 02-18-2007, 01:33 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Things I don't like about the current magic system:
-Cast times are still too long for heated battles. There's only like 4 spells that I can pull off while in PvP combat.
-Quite a number of spells seem to rely on multiple hits to deal damage. This is bad since resistances and reductions can reduce that damage to below 1, which gets truncated down to 0.
-Create Wall spells (create fire wall, create frost wall, create pool of chaos, etc) don't last long enough to be useful.
-Counterspell and counterwall don't factor in spell levels. It's kinda lame when someone that's level 12 is counterspelling my level 54 spells.
-Summon spells suck.
-I have no access to comet or meteor swarm. Thus, I have no way of bypassing magic resistance.
-SP regeneration is currently capped at 2 per second and 3 per second while praying. I have regularly used spells that cost more than 40 spell points and my large bullet costs 12 spell points. I regularly have 498 max spell points. That means I run out of spell points very quickly when I'm chain casting and I must invest in mana crystals and magic power potions to keep myself from running out of spell points.
-Bullets can't keep up with run speeds over 3.
-There's probably more.

@Ravenblade - If I had 54 physique, people would be dying more meaningfully.
@cbkbud - Bullet spells are one of the kind of spells that can be cast in heated combat. I exploit their speed a lot.
@smirt362 - That's what counterwall is... but it doesn't last long enough and takes too long to cast to be reliable.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:31 AM
haha ^.^
JackOd is on a distinguished road
did anyone else see "Cubical killed rice2k with lightning (spar)" flooding the right side of the screen yesterday? You killed the poor guy like 5 times a second

"Nobody has actually seen a real fight between a ninja and a pirate because the sheer power the two unleashed kills anybody within a sixty mile radius."

Last edited by JackOd; 02-18-2007 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: forgot a "
Old 02-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Is that the dude that d/c'd a couple of times
Old 02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOd View Post
did anyone else see "Cubical killed rice2k with lightning (spar)" flooding the right side of the screen yesterday? You killed the poor guy like 5 times a second
PHP Code:
if (Cubical == Rice2k) {

forumpost();
}
function 
onForumPost() {

post Lel!;

Lel!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Find me another spell that I can actually hit you with then?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:33 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Find me another spell that I can actually hit you with then?
Melee
Old 02-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Will try to make magic work better in the new player vs player system. The counterspell thing is made so that it as higher the level difference is as lower the chance to counter the spell is.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The counterspell thing is made so that it as higher the level difference is as lower the chance to counter the spell is.
But that really doesn't matter if it's doing the check like 5 times per second.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Sanctuary doesnt work much at all. Infact you have to actively try to use Sanctuary in which case, you might as well skip the fact you tried.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
Sanctuary doesnt work much at all. Infact you have to actively try to use Sanctuary in which case, you might as well skip the fact you tried.
Isn't sanctuary's duration based off wisdom level?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:17 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
It seems the problem is 1 v 1, phys almost always wins because casting takes to long, while in a mass of people a person who is level 15 magic can easily take out level 75 phys players. Thats a problem.