Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
Post Allow PC on iPhone Servers?

I think we should be allowed to go on iPhone servers from the pc, yes. There may be lag for some of you but, still. It will give you a fun experiance. iEra, new realeases other then PC servers. Basically, the iPhone servers are way more advanced. I think that it will give us a nice chance to see others players, meet new friends etc. Maybe even vice versa, allow iPhoners on PC servers with global GUI's to move on every server, that you can customize, and script them how you would like. As well as "allowiphone=true or false" in server options, to prevent lag and make controls.

Questions I recived...

Q: Its called Era iPhone... It will defeat the purpose letting PC players on.
A: The servers would still be accessable by the iPhone players, it is still Era iPhone because people may still log on.

Q: Wouldn't the iPhone servers decrease the playercount on other servers?
A: I haven't seriously though this out much, besides the fact of giving iPhone players PC access. Picking servers. (read above)

Q: How could this possibly benefit Graal, Graal is trying to advance by going iPhone. We should make it advance more!
A: I think that us PC players should be able to recive special benefits... The gold starter pack, like on Era PC. Free golden Uzi, free others...

Q: Good luck fixing the controls from PC to iPhone...
A: I belive this is already scripted, We would use most of the iPad/Admin controls.

If you have any questions feel free to comment. Hopefully you like the idea, lets try and get the started.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:08 AM
dennis20014 is on a distinguished road
Uh I'm confused, a lot of those questions are statements lol and I would love to be able to play on the iPhone versions from my computer. Would of been nice to have that from the get go
Old 04-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I'm really not sure how often this has to be repeated but I'll say it again. PC players are not allowed to play on iphone servers because of the advantage it would give pc players. Its called fair play and wouldn't be fair play if both were mixed.

Once the facebook app is released you'll be able to play there with hopefully hundreds of other people. Its my understanding they will be using the era iphone server for facebook.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I'm really not sure how often this has to be repeated but I'll say it again. PC players are not allowed to play on iphone servers because of the advantage it would give pc players. Its called fair play and wouldn't be fair play if both were mixed.

Once the facebook app is released you'll be able to play there with hopefully hundreds of other people. Its my understanding they will be using the era iphone server for facebook.
It always seems to be a matter of just a couple weeks before someone else simply ignores/forgets the reasoning or tries to propose some flawed method around it.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
I've only been looking at these forums for a few months, and already I've seen multiple threads about this.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post

That and I feel PC should be kept away from PC players, most PC players are anal, unhelpful, and feel they know everything there is about Graal. D:

I say keep PC away from iPod.
Facebook will be pretty cool, I believe, because it may attract a larger adult audience. \o/

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-16-2011, 09:04 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
They need to release (non-beta) V6 before playing on an iPhone server will be an option.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:15 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
just get an iphone/pod/pad.

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 04-16-2011, 12:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
They need to release (non-beta) V6 before playing on an iPhone server will be an option.
^

@ bell fair play would seem like a logical reason to hide behind if it weren't for the fact that you can use keyboards on le iphone and the ipad has a larger resolution than the iphone. either way i'd seperate the two and keep them seperate but make it easy for iphone players to get into the real, PC, version. to do that we need to wait for stefan to announce new payment methods, because the current has been holding graal back for years.

on an unrelated note, this is what you should expect to see on iPhone:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0048.PNG
Views:	337
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	52713  
Old 04-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
nom nom nom
Old 04-16-2011, 04:45 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The plan is to make a new Zone server for iPhone and also make it playable from PC. There is quite a lot of content on Zone which can be used, it just lacked some stuff which make people stay on the server.
Way ahead of you bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
on an unrelated note, this is what you should expect to see on iPhone:
Isn't that UN?
Old 04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Stefan already said iphone players will never play with pc players due to disadvantages example era, u would kill them way ez with a pc, un zodiac ur just faster with hitting the keys while they are taping and alot of iphone players on era already lags enough lol
Old 04-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Problem is that PC players would be killed in an instant
Old 04-16-2011, 05:16 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
Stefan already said iphone players will never play with pc players due to disadvantages example era, u would kill them way ez with a pc, un zodiac ur just faster with hitting the keys while they are taping and alot of iphone players on era already lags enough lol
Are you going to be an idiot again like when Unixmad posted the V6 thread and you kept claiming that he wasn't going to post it?

Quote:
iPhone players are just too damn good for our tastes.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:

hmm, I have a list of pc players I'd like you to allow to play iphone