Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 07:49 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't played LoL myself, but I've heard that it takes ages to buy the champions with ingame currency. To me, it is also a pay to win concept if it just takes way too long to buy things with ingame currency instead of cash. Or, in free to play shooters, if you're required to play at least 4 to 6 hours a day in order to have enough ingame currency for your equipment.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Ah. I don't play LoL, not my type of game.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
I thought that the champions that you could buy were able to be bought with whatever their in-game currency was?
Yeah but you can instantly buy a champion with cash, whereas a non-cash player has to wait ages to buy one. This is broken because you can just buy whatever hero is retard-OP at the time.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
There are plenty of things you can buy other than guns. Increased max ammo, holiday stuff, outfit crap, the shouts ("Stay and protect", "Base 1", "Cover me", ect.), squads, bombs, consumables, jet pack.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Führer Glazey
holiday stuff isn't in the shop, outfits are not in the shop, squads are not in the shop, consumables are not in the shop,
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
I'm saying that those COULD be purchased. They aren't going to keep the shop the same. Shouldn't even act like they will.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 PM
The Bacon Man
BboyEatsbacon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
I'm saying that those COULD be purchased. They aren't going to keep the shop the same. Shouldn't even act like they will.
Well, they're planning on closing Zone PC so yes, the store will remain the same.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Führer Glazey
Which is a damn shame, greed blinds them.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
RoyalKnight is an unknown quantity at this point
Im a 6 year veteran on maplestory played since beta. By far the most successful 2d side scroller and its still free to play with abunch of vanity items. The company is making millions since it attracts alot of players for free to play reasons .
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKnight View Post
Im a 6 year veteran on maplestory played since beta. By far the most successful 2d side scroller and its still free to play with abunch of vanity items. The company is making millions since it attracts alot of players for free to play reasons .
But to Stefan and Unixmad letting trials play for free without limitations is worse than cancer.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 PM
RoyalKnight is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
But to Stefan and Unixmad letting trials play for free without limitations is worse than cancer.
My apologize how could i forget funny story, I actually thought there was a shred of hope in changing stefans mind for a second there.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Führer Glazey
Hahahahahahaha

you thought there was hope
Old 01-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You know that Zone is actually free to play? There is no observer mode or anything like that. It was a first try of free-to-play, and the player number didn't really decrease because of items, it was just not attracting the player base. Zodiac and Era have more persistency and content for players who don't want to play events all the time.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You know that Zone is actually free to play? There is no observer mode or anything like that. It was a first try of free-to-play, and the player number didn't really decrease because of items, it was just not attracting the player base. Zodiac and Era have more persistency and content for players who don't want to play events all the time.
You made it free-to-play after you killed it with P2P restrictions that we all told you not to do. Even now you have to deal with some restrictions (squadleader) and cash still buys good guns. Non-P2P players still can't even wear guild tags or mass message (because they're considered trials).

Zone could try to go off the playerlist for a while and comeback as a Classic server to get some players, but I don't know if that's likely to do anything at this point.

Zone was never about events, it was about constant action. Can't have that without players, and now that they're gone...well...you're better off replacing Zone with iZone.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Führer Glazey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Zone went F2P after you already destroyed it. The reason why it couldn't keep a playerbase was because the direction you pushed Zone in was stupid.