Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 04:33 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks boss.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:55 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Has anyone had issues with the players array being empty clientside? It's happening to me both on GMAPs and in single levels randomly on Mac. Reconnecting fixes it.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:46 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel View Post
I'm starting to see random people's bodies shrink and grow back to normal, while being transparent when they do stuff like walk or attack.

Kind of annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
Sounds like a gani script error
This is on UN, right? Happens after people use the broomstick NPC in v6.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I don't consider myself to be knowledgeable about how these things work, but it seems like certain things don't add up and so I'm seeking some further clarification.

One of the more commonly mentioned advantages to the new client is reduced lag, I understand that displays have been largely over-hauled, so I didn't really expect an improvement on script time which I'd guess isn't really possible to much extent anyway.

Sure enough when I test script time via showscriptstats and /clientstats within RC, systems are taking a higher percentage of resources in the V6 client.
I've considered the possibility that there may be new processes that might lead to a visible increase on display related script times, but ultimately be speeding things up in the background. However when I check CPU usage of the entire client via windows task manager this is also a higher number in V6 compared to V5.

One possibility I've considered is that the current beta client could possibly contain alot of consuming debug processes which would be removed with the real thing, another possibility is that the new built-in optimisations of displays are rendering the optimisations of displays within Classic's custom systems un-necessary.
A common example of this optimisation would be the storing of display objects, then simply modifying the objects x, y, text and colors whenever there's a related change from the relevant player, as opposed to creating a new display each frame.
Another thought is simply that script time is being sacrificed to save on a different form of resource.

Another thing I'm somewhat confused about is that I've read directX has been phased out of the new client, with opengl now being some form of default.
When I open the client normally to test usage I'm getting a significantly higher percentage compared to when I am deliberately opening the client via shortcut with "-opengl" at the end of the target.
There may be a good explanation for this but it goes against my current understanding.

Last edited by ffcmike; 05-19-2011 at 07:55 PM..
Old 05-19-2011, 07:57 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I've read directX has been phased out of the new client, with opengl now being some form of default.
Where? I thought v6 was utilizing DirectX 9..?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Where? I thought v6 was utilizing DirectX 9..?
Hm yes this does seem to be the case after all, I must have misread something.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
About speed:
- the base systems in v6 take much less CPU time
- scripting is 20-50 % faster (fast delivery of events, optimized statements etc.)
- the particle engine is around 20-50 times faster than before
- GUI drawing, especially for gui styles (.wba), has been improved
- it's now using DirectX9 instead of DirectX7
- always using optimized bitmap fonts
- scripts use less memory, graphics might take more (depending on the driver)

Things that could eventually slow down a little bit:
- hacker protection
- some older graphic cards might have slower implementation of DirectX9 than DirectX7 (you can use OpenGL by using parameter -opengl to speed it up eventually)

About script stats:
That can be a little bit tricky, the /clientstats shows relative percentages so when the game is faster in general you usually get higher percentages for the same action. The task manager is not really known for accurate results.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
About speed:
- the base systems in v6 take much less CPU time
- scripting is 20-50 % faster (fast delivery of events, optimized statements etc.)
- the particle engine is around 20-50 times faster than before
- GUI drawing, especially for gui styles (.wba), has been improved
- it's now using DirectX9 instead of DirectX7
- always using optimized bitmap fonts
- scripts use less memory, graphics might take more (depending on the driver)

Things that could eventually slow down a little bit:
- hacker protection
- some older graphic cards might have slower implementation of DirectX9 than DirectX7 (you can use OpenGL by using parameter -opengl to speed it up eventually)

About script stats:
That can be a little bit tricky, the /clientstats shows relative percentages so when the game is faster in general you usually get higher percentages for the same action. The task manager is not really known for accurate results.
I see, thank you.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Is it possible to get an inline pragma for functions?

Example:

PHP Code:
function foobar() {
  return 
this.distance(10102020) * 2;
}

inline function distance(temp.x1temp.y1temp.x2temp.y2) {
  return ((
temp.x2 temp.x1)^+ (temp.y2 temp.y1)^2)^0.5;

would be transformed to

PHP Code:
function foobar() {
  return (((
20 10)^+ (20 10)^2)^0.5) * 2;

at compile time.

Obviously don't really care about syntax, whatever works better is fine.

Function calls really do cause some bad overhead issues in certain places and being able to inline things would be really useful.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:54 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Has anyone had issues with the players array being empty clientside? It's happening to me both on GMAPs and in single levels randomly on Mac. Reconnecting fixes it.
This is happening on Windows as well on Kingdoms. Nobody else is having issues with it?
Old 06-17-2011, 05:41 PM
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
not a huge problem, but i cant seem to enter server login screen via F8 on v6.
i can stick click worlds at the bottom, but im used to F8 xD is there anything i can do to make it happen?

Tags
graal v6