Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2006, 03:39 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antago
I remember long ago when I co-managed Graal2001 and it was released that everyone was being so self-centered and mean, insulting me, complaining to me, about me, telling me how much I suck, this and that, and I know I didn't deserve it. I held out for a long time, then eventually after having broke down and cried, I decided to quit which was probably one of the highest staff positions, because truly my well-being is worth more than a job.
Quote:
You work so hard for free, and then the harrassment and immaturity of your fellow men in this world come and try to discourage you. Then when you're gone and their goodies are gone, they complain about that. If I personally owned Graal, I would be banning these people left and right because there's no reason for someone in a high position of authority to break down and cry and quit because the harrassment is so great. I was generously and charitably giving my time, and honestly I don't think much of this death consciousness has left Graal, and I do think it's important for something to extensively be done about it.
Wow, someone who actually feels/felt the same way I felt...exact reasons I quit my Management position on N-Pulse
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-29-2006, 04:00 AM
Grim Angel
Akoalin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Akoalin Send a message via MSN to Akoalin
The words piss and b**** used to be censored from radio (I think), now they aren't. Soon we'll be able to say whatever we want on the radio, TVs, and censorship will be completely gone.
ok skeikar þá Skuld at sköpum."

~Gróa , Grógaldr
Old 01-29-2006, 04:56 AM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Uhm, you could just make a script that makes a log of the context when somebody swears with a list of nearby accounts. And then when someone gets reported (they were obviously being disruptive to other players if they do) you can check logs.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:41 AM
Bells doppleganger
nikomi946 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to nikomi946 Send a message via AIM to nikomi946 Send a message via Yahoo to nikomi946
Quite frankly being able to use logs is the only way to control it. When I'm on graal people are good little boys and girls and usually stop after one warning. The moment I log off though all hell breaks loose and people run off at the mouth saying things most truckers would blush at. Swear filters are nice but pointless since they just spell the words differantly to get around it. I consider myself tolerant and try not to ruin everyones fun but its really got out of hand.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:04 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
In my opinion, I think curses should be blocked by the client based on a swear filter which the user defines... which can be password locked or so. Although this may not be the best business decision
Old 01-29-2006, 06:32 AM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Our brains should have a swear filter implanted in them so everytime we hear the words in real life it sounds like "FSFSGDGGFSGFS555" wouldnt that be cool?

Again, back to my question: What is the point of filtering a word when you can not filter intent?

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
It's very difficult to prevent such behavior.
You picture it in your signature..?

Old 01-29-2006, 06:52 AM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikomi946
Quite frankly being able to use logs is the only way to control it. When I'm on graal people are good little boys and girls and usually stop after one warning. The moment I log off though all hell breaks loose and people run off at the mouth saying things most truckers would blush at. Swear filters are nice but pointless since they just spell the words differantly to get around it. I consider myself tolerant and try not to ruin everyones fun but its really got out of hand.
It's pretty easy to script to check different ways of spelling too.

like @=a, 5=s, 1=i or l...
first search the chat string for the special character cases (cycle for multiple cases of one character).
then run through the characters and check if any characters appear in sequence of a word in a word list. This would turn up a lot of dead hits, but the more important stuff would definitely show up.
Dead hit would be like: "for yummy cookies"
That would go in the log as the delicious f word that I say so often on Graal.

What would probably be more efficient would be to log all chat text and make a program that cycles through the logs for this kind of stuff. Haha, it would be so fun to read through people having cybersex when noone else is online.

Last edited by jake13jake; 01-29-2006 at 07:06 AM..
Old 01-29-2006, 06:59 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
You picture it in your signature..?
What about it?
Old 01-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
I love classic

The video's pretty funny too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1138471596.png
Views:	105
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	35136  
Old 01-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned
Antago is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
Wow, someone who actually feels/felt the same way I felt...exact reasons I quit my Management position on N-Pulse
Hi, moonie, some years ago I remember harrassing you :-( I am sorry. I was very angry about life and everything, and due to my unforgiveness I had become a rude and arrogant jerk, by the username of Caz. It no longer is in use, I have made apologies, and obviously I have done the work to cut my ties.

But I think me and you used to talk on AIM, and you would try to get me to remove the site. I am apologizing now, because it was rude of me, and having seen both sides now, I have learned my lesson.

Last edited by Lance; 01-31-2006 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: hyperlink removed per forum rules about such activities
Old 01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Hi, moonie, some years ago I remember harrassing you :-( I am sorry. I was very angry about life and everything, and due to my unforgiveness I had become a rude and arrogant jerk, by the username of Caz. It no longer is in use, I have made apologies, and obviously I have done the work to cut my ties.

But I think me and you used to talk on AIM, and you would try to get me to remove the site. I am apologizing now, because it was rude of me, and having seen both sides now, I have learned my lesson.
I remember you...
I think we all go through those phases at one time or another...some worse than others. The key is to learn from the mistakes that we all make in life, and move on.

Anyway, thanks for the apology, it is much appreciated
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST

Last edited by Lance; 01-31-2006 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: hyperlink from quoted post removed
Old 01-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Banned
Antago is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
I remember you...
I think we all go through those phases at one time or another...some worse than others. The key is to learn from the mistakes that we all make in life, and move on.

Anyway, thanks for the apology, it is much appreciated
Thanks for receiving it well, today you have changed the world for the better, and the universe will evolve in its glory. :-)