Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
The current items are just cosmetic but still you complain
Also I meant slight boosts, not making it unfair.
I'm sorry but going half invisible and shrinking your pixels making you much harder to see on Zone's arctic map (which is nearly white itself) is not exactly cosmetic.

The problem with slight boosts is that Graal, by tradition, has always been about skill. Skill which you gain overtime. When cash begins to replace skill, people will be upset. Graal has always been a fair game, some of us actually appreciate this.

Quote:
A system with a cheap subscription to get access to more areas etc. and the possibility to buy additional items which give slight boosts is not that bad, again most games do that.
It just depends on the boosts. If it's a fun little pk item that doesn't really do much and is mostly for show, that's fine with me. I think I speak for everyone when I say we don't want to see people using cash boosts to replace their own lack of skill in pking, events, and spars.

Quote:
Not many people complained that you need to pay for WoW content packs even though you have already an expensive subscription.
...WoW delievers.

Quote:
We want to provide fun new things to Graal. When I go on servers I often see people using the card effects, so they appearently like them.
Card users are a minority, most people who don't have them usually don't like them because they are annoying. It's not that bad until people are trying to spar with it or gain some sort of advantage, even if it's a little one.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
We want to provide fun new things to Graal. When I go on servers I often see people using the card effects, so they appearently like them.
To come up with a lot of permanently visible effects is not as easy, but there are plenty of other places that you can add them. For instance, light/particle effects when you slash your sword, get hurt by something, lifting rocks/items, etc. Almost like short light effects that people will still be able to show off, but aren't there all of the time.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe some custom walking sounds too? I remember MHX's leaders used to upload their own walking sounds on Delteria.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
light/particle effects when you slash your sword, get hurt by something, lifting rocks/items, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Maybe some custom walking sounds too? I remember MHX's leaders used to upload their own walking sounds on Delteria.
Would either of you pay for this **** you're suggesting?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:15 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Custom walk ganis to make you look different than everyone else but not give you an advantage? I sure would. The trading cards weren't bought stand alone anyways, I thought they came with subscriptions.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Custom walk ganis to make you look different than everyone else but not give you an advantage?
I'm sure you've seen the bodies and graphically what they're restricted to, so how do you think 'custom walk ganis' are going to be made?

Quote:
The trading cards weren't bought stand alone anyways, I thought they came with subscriptions.
Gelats come with subscriptions, gelat packs are also sold individually, and you buy card booster packs from the shop using these gelats. Assuming player will want to buy cards for the effects they give (and not for the chance of getting them all and winning lifetime gold, which was the reason they sold the first time) I'm sure gelat packs would be a cheaper option than upgrading for nothing and having a few gelats on the side.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Hell no. But players are already paying for that one card that has nothing but a funky light effect around them.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want any pets on Era. Pets overall are a bad idea for cards I think. They work fine for games like M**le St*ry, but thats because everything is the same, every server delivers the same world, quests and so on. Most games do that actually, Graal is one of the few not doing that, and thats the reason I think pets dont fit.

Edit: Damn, page 2 already. Edit in a couple seconds.

Edit▓:

Quote:
Ziro our goal is to make something interesting, not completely crippled. What is working best (in almost all online games) is stuff that let you impress other people by your look, or give slight boosts.

Any ideas for those "special areas" and "new items" that would fit to the trading card concept?
I actually like Ziro's ideas. They are pretty cool, beta testing is something you can impress people with. "I already saw this and that and tried out that other thing!!" "Woah, I want to do that, too."

Quote:
The current items are just cosmetic but still you complain
Also I meant slight boosts, not making it unfair.

We would love to also make playerworlds more free and just charge for additional bonus, but the current servers are not really prepared for it yet.

A system with a cheap subscription to get access to more areas etc. and the possibility to buy additional items which give slight boosts is not that bad, again most games do that. Not many people complained that you need to pay for WoW content packs even though you have already an expensive subscription.

We want to provide fun new things to Graal. When I go on servers I often see people using the card effects, so they appearently like them. So lets work together to make the new cards interesting and not discuss about the fact that we must make money, that's pathetic.
Cosmetic? They aren't. Again the reference to M**le St*ry. You could add player transparency there, but that is because there is no PvP, it is fully PvE. In PvP, size an stealth effects are an unfair advantage.
Also, even "slight boosts" are unfair. Imagine just one single damage more on your weapons on Era. This would be unfair, because in some cases it takes a full hit less to kill somebody.
Also, why complain about WoW expansions? That's a friggin lot of fresh, new content, and you only have to pay for it once. The monthly subscription stays the same.

The actual fact most people like the dwarf and stealth card is because it is harder to fight you in PvP. That's a fact. If you tried playing against somebody using those cards on Era you will know what I mean. Fun is something else.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well pets would probably only work on the servers where they fit. On Zone there could be robotic pets (mech bomys) and on classic-style servers there could be classic-style pets. I also liked the idea of having a small copy of yourself following you, like a doll.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:58 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
On Zone there could be robotic pets (mech bomys) and on classic-style servers there could be classic-style pets. I also liked the idea of having a small copy of yourself following you, like a doll.
I hope those pets aren't very good. If it is like a gosh darn spar bot then I'll be worried because of how unfair that would be. Maybe they could use the baes as a little pet and it could carry you a little faster across the map.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Well pets would probably only work on the servers where they fit. On Zone there could be robotic pets (mech bomys) and on classic-style servers there could be classic-style pets. I also liked the idea of having a small copy of yourself following you, like a doll.
Zodiac (for example) already have "follow me puppets" scripted, and introducing a card that would give a pet to you on any server would ruin the purpose of the already scripted ones on Zodiac.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Flying technology cards, each set enables a different type of flying technology. If it costs so much to experience it, we won't forget it as easily, and you guys will still have bread
Old 06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Flying technology cards, each set enables a different type of flying technology. If it costs so much to experience it, we won't forget it as easily, and you guys will still have bread
Then we won't be able to purchase it, no one will have it, and it'll be another 2 years before we get to actually use it.

I dislike the idea of cards that enable you to do something (e.g. flying technology) since then servers can't use that to build something important (can only be for visual, but can't actually be as a transportation, etc)
Old 06-13-2008, 08:10 PM
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Shakram is on a distinguished road
in my eyes it would be better if you sell items, effects or what ever
special made for servers (not global) instead of cards which work on any server :O

like on zod :
you can add something that let you level faster for some days
i think nobody cares if someone levels faster than other people because in the end all people are same strong because of the level cap...
there are people who have work to do in rl and if they get money there they can spend it for items like this
because they dont have so much time to play
or like they said before a key to a special dungeon where old weapons drops in new colors or with new skins :O

on other servers you can add different things so nobody has probs with effects which works on some servers but ugly on others
but pls talk to the managers of the servers about this before adding things

i have no prob to pay for special things in a game which costs something at all :O
in wow its the same with the trading card game there you can get special things like a turtle mount too...
i can say so far that i will add places for special items on symphonia
Old 06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakram View Post
i think nobody cares if someone levels faster than other people because in the end all people are same strong because of the level cap...
Yes, we do care. However, something like a gold sword with the same stats wold be fair
Quote:
there are people who have work to do in rl and if they get money there they can spend it for items like this
because they dont have so much time to play
or like they said before a key to a special dungeon where old weapons drops in new colors or with new skins :O
If you don't play, than of course don't expect to be as good at the game as others. In life, you don't get to say, "Oh, I was doing something else".