Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Sounds strange, is that on a server with scripted nick names?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Sounds strange, is that on a server with scripted nick names?
Nope, on UN.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
With the client-rc, when you double click a file in filebrowser to open it with your default program of choice...

Then you save this file, shouldn't it auto upload like the external rc does?

And you should be able to specify what folder you download to...I hate that files are downloaded to scriptfiles....

Old 01-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Yes those would be good additions, can add it to one of the next versions.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A new version (v5.314) for Windows has been uploaded to http://www.graalonline.com/downloads...al_windows.zip. It should fix the slow down problem which happens each second.
I have downloaded this, and the freezing still occurs. Also what happened to full screen?

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630 M

2 g ram. HP dv6707us laptop. This sux
Old 01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Graal Administration
Could you explain your freezing problem a little bit more detailed?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Could you explain your freezing problem a little bit more detailed?
From what we've been able to tell, it only happens on laptops with Windows Vista/7 and it doesn't matter how good or bad the computer specs. Both me and Crono has a fairly new top notch laptop and we still get random lag spikes every ~5 seconds or so that completely freezes the client for a split second.

I could be wrong about Crono, but this is what happens for me at least.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
From what we've been able to tell, it only happens on laptops with Windows Vista/7 and it doesn't matter how good or bad the computer specs. Both me and Crono has a fairly new top notch laptop and we still get random lag spikes every ~5 seconds or so that completely freezes the client for a split second.

I could be wrong about Crono, but this is what happens for me at least.
I can confirm that this happens on my Windows XP desktop now too.

Stefan: I have uploaded a video on Skills Debug in the temp folder called v6freezing.zip.

It appears that about every 0.8 seconds, it freezes for about 0.2 seconds.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 01-06-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Old 01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I can confirm that this happens on my Windows XP desktop now too.

Stefan: I have uploaded a video on Skills Debug in the temp folder called v6freezing.zip.

It appears that about every 0.8 seconds, it freezes for about 0.2 seconds.
It gets really annoying x.x
Old 01-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
With the latest version I am experiencing a problem when closing the client, as soon as I click X the screen display stays frozen as it is and the client stops responding (though my account remains logged onto the server) until I right click it within my start bar and manually click "close", it only seems to be happening half the time though and entirely randomly, can't really link it to any specific conditions.

I'm also now seeing certain images such as default blue GUI buttons and certain images with a rotation effect (again strangely not all even if they've had transparency configured the same way) with opaque background as opposed to transparent that were previously fine.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
With the latest version I am experiencing a problem when closing the client, as soon as I click X the screen display stays frozen as it is and the client stops responding (though my account remains logged onto the server) until I right click it within my start bar and manually click "close", it only seems to be happening half the time though and entirely randomly, can't really link it to any specific conditions.
I am experiencing this also, except windows sees it as "Non Responsive".
So, I have to go through the whole, right click, close, 'Program not responsing', end it, wait for it to finally close....

I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit.

On a side note:
Are we ever going to be allowed to make external windows non-maximizable, resizable, etc? Would be nice to at least have the ability to make them a fixed size and not being allowed to maximize them.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Aye, I've been having the freezing problem upon closing as well, though I haven't really tried with the new client.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:40 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
I am experiencing this also, except windows sees it as "Non Responsive".
So, I have to go through the whole, right click, close, 'Program not responsing', end it, wait for it to finally close....

I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit.
I also run into this, hell even one time I forgot I had it on then an hour or so later "Graal has stopped responding" popped up.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Nope, on UN.
Before you waste time pursuing this it WAS a script on UN, oddly enough. It just happened to be uploaded and enabled it on my player the same day I updated the client.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
Well....v6 has worked fine up until now.

I just updated my graphics card driver software (Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics)
And now, Graal runs so slow...its unplayable. (v5 is fine, tho)

But, it appears to be running at about 2-3 frames per second, and 90% of the time, crashes...so, v6 is now unplayable for me.

Tags
graal v6, windows