Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Forum Rules and documentation
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Conduct is something that people are very aware of. Rules are provided as a means of highlighting what is seen as 'proper' conduct, and informing users what is seen as misconduct. It is pretty much a given in what is expected of your conduct in a forum setting, especially one that is 'official' and a part of an online game. There is nothing wrong with new players, young players, and it has been said many times that the forum rules are provided to establish a forum which welcomes all players. The truth of the matter is, younger players have no interest what so ever in reading a set of forum rules, and why would they? Their intentions in joining the forum are pretty basic, and all they want is to become a part of the community.

If the forum rules were basic and reasonable, there honestly wouldn't be a need for those new members to read up on them. It's kind of funny though, because some countries' constitutions have more elasticism than the rules here. Above all, you should understand that everything should come in moderation, including moderation and half of the rules are pretty excessive. This one rule that you felt needed highlighting isn't even a rule, it's a guideline that is promoted on most forums, but rather than being condescendingly pushed onto members, it's unspoken and a given.

I don't think I've seen either of you post a 'positive' thread in a long time, and that negativity is reflected on the forum as a whole. My main point was that the highlighting of a trivial and seemingly uncommon issue is unnecessary, and as a forum user I'd like to see you both ease up on the newer members' actions as they learn over time, by themselves. Pushing the wrongdoings in their faces of these said members only serves as a means of pushing them out of the community they're trying to enter, and that's something that I hate to see, and something that happens all to often. I have some terrible threads as a new player, but I wasn't moderated and I integrated into the community just fine after a while, so I know these members posting these "bad" threads will eventually do so as well
I dont know what your beef is, but this thread is merely a reminder for something Sam has seen a lot lately. No one is in trouble, nor has anyone gotten in trouble. This thread was NOT made for you to argue the rules. If you want to do that, contact unixmad.
I really dont care how other forums are run, or what their rules are. Unixmad made rules for this forum that he wanted, and that's that, so drop it.

Closing because I am NOT arguing the rules.
This thread is just a reminder to members.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Closed Thread