Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone PC
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Billy Allan
Knightmare1 can only hope to improve
This game is dead. Updates and new things wont save it, that's what destroyed it. I came to Zone in 2007. v5 was released in 2008. The year transition alone was basically Zone's doomsday. I saw a playercount plummet from 60+ a day to 20 on a good day. Since then, it's been getting worse. Much worse.

I came to this game and stayed because I thought the players were cool. I didn't stay because I could kill everyone, I made a few friends and looked forward to logging on and socializing (laming). I paid for my first year (hell, got the VIP for the creating a guild) because I wanted to save my statistics and have something to show for my time.

The gelat weapons and the trial's saving their stats not only took the competitive edge out of the game but it also destroyed the entire idea of the subscriptions. Who wants to buy a subscription when the only benefit is 20 more HP and different classes? My stats are there, I can buy temp. weapons from the shop, marine class isn't that slow. A half decent player would have the run of the joint while the 'oldies' sit and complain about all the updates that turned this game into a steaming, runny pile of brown failure (Another term would be appropriate, but I don't feel like seeing those asterisks).

I can't point fingers, I don't know who did this or who did that, but all I know is it's Stefan's game, so all in all he has the power to fix it.

So fix it.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:35 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Zone PC isn't going to be fixed, it's going to be replaced by Zone iPhone which according to what Stefan has posted on Facebook alludes to it coming out soon.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:54 AM
XxTheFlashxX is on a distinguished road
Replaced or meshed together? I think Stefan said something about joining them or at least thinking of it... if not a thought that popped into his head as he typed.

As much as I'd love it, I don't really see PC zone as coming back for many reasons. 3-4 new players playing then one fairly good player logs on and just dominates leading to "why am I playing this?!" (Youngins have less patience). Many many new games out which are free and better quality, though I think don't have the feel/skill requirement that a 2d shooter has. Not to mention I've never seen a Graal advertisement and doubt I ever will... ect. ect.

As far as IPhone zone is concerned, I just feel like Stefan is grasping for the quick money burst, however slight, however long. I just hope, a far off hope, that people who buy it see the potential and try out the PC version. MAYBE leading to a slight surge.

And for that surge I hope Stefan lets Programmer (if he's still interested) fix Zone a bit. Maybe even add new stuff. I first read this post because I had a few ideas I wanted to toss in, slowly losing enthusiasm as the enthusiasm from "Programmer" was waning/killed.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:20 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTheFlashxX View Post
Stuff.
I'm leaning towards replaced by whatever Stefan has in store for it.

Like nearly everything on Graal all we can do is wait and see!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:32 AM
DarkMaster is on a distinguished road
just play console - lot better
Old 05-30-2012, 04:11 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Ha this developmental plan of action worked great
Old 06-01-2012, 11:40 PM
The Grim Reaper
Bline_spoted will become famous soon enough
Missing The Old Days

It would be nice to see the old Graal Zone and old group together again, missing the days of the big base 1 wars and other epic happenings.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
True true, but i don't think any of this is ever going to happen.

Honestly, it's not that much work to get Zone back in my eyes..

Put it on classic, and people will play.

I would play.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough

please stay gold D:

fyi, it has no restrictions for trials as far as I know now and hasn't been since Tench had his ginger ways with it. GINGER POWERS FTW

although it doesn't matter because they don't wanna develop for a server that's just gonna be replaced by the iOS version.