Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 01:56 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
V6 Default External GUI Style

Well obviously the GUI Blue does not look like that great in an external window since the mindset (for me anyway) is expecting to see an OS-Style Interface.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I'd suggest replacing the default one for external windows with the top one in this post.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
There is an option to disable the graal GUI and use native windows for external GUI windows.

Or so I am led to believe.................
Old 01-16-2010, 04:37 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I'd suggest replacing the default one for external windows with the top one in this post.
The windows aren't the problem. It uses the OS window handler (at least Mac does, haven't tried the Windows yet), but it looks like crap with the GuiBlue style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
There is an option to disable the graal GUI and use native windows for external GUI windows.

Or so I am led to believe.................
What he's talking about is native controls, meaning that instead of scripted GUI elements, they use the native OS ones.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:08 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
It looks pretty good with toon. I had asked someone to work on a new GUI for the playerlist/profiles about 8 months ago to make it look more like an OS but they never finished. If someone submits a full image-set of some decent white/grayish GUI thing that looks nice and sleek, I'd be happy to add it into the playerlist/profiles.

Anyways, back to the main topic though, yes I agree it would be nice if there was some sort of default skin for external windows, using the blue "default" skin makes the windows seem so unnaturally placed.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-16-2010, 06:32 AM
_Zelph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
It looks pretty good with toon. I had asked someone to work on a new GUI for the playerlist/profiles about 8 months ago to make it look more like an OS but they never finished.
Ahem. Nobody's in a hurry for v6 to be released so if it's on the verge of being released, and there's a client with better working GUI controls, let me know and I can try to put something together in my free time, which has become increasingly (and unexpectedly) rare in the past while.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Maxo14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zelph View Post
Ahem. Nobody's in a hurry for v6 to be released so if it's on the verge of being released, and there's a client with better working GUI controls, let me know and I can try to put something together in my free time, which has become increasingly (and unexpectedly) rare in the past while.

ur my hero sir
Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You can choose the gui style in the options. In v6 we could make a different style the default one since it's now possible to switch the gui style in real time and you can use several gui styles (wbas) at the same time.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
You never released that guiblue wba you promised us, remember?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:30 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Or we can have our splendid and ever so famous GATs cook something nice for a default skin/whatever.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I would try it out but you gotta pay to develop wba's(ya they give you a trial period but meh) :/ I'm not sure why Graal went with a format that you have to pay to actually create, other than perhaps taking advantage of the huge database of them... but given that more than half either don't work, and the other half look like crap, it didn't seem to pay off.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:22 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
ya its sad graal looked better 8 years ago
Old 01-19-2010, 12:26 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Probably the best bet is to reproduce the Windows 7 and Mac native controls with GUI profiles, then decide which to use based on the player's platform (or choice in options, maybe).

I started doing this for Mac a few days ago, but didn't get very far because of limitations with Graal (e.g. can't make it so clicking a button doesn't move the text).
Old 01-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I would try it out but you gotta pay to develop wba's(ya they give you a trial period but meh) :/ I'm not sure why Graal went with a format that you have to pay to actually create, other than perhaps taking advantage of the huge database of them... but given that more than half either don't work, and the other half look like crap, it didn't seem to pay off.
Because there are a lot, mostly free, which can be used as a base for a new style. Also you can still edit them by text (rename to zip, edit the .uis file). And they look cool.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:07 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Or we can have our splendid and ever so famous GATs cook something nice for a default skin/whatever.
They'd probably complain when it doesn't get in the game as soon as they finish it.

But really this thread was just so I could continue using guiblue for the serverlist area and start bar, while having a different gui style for options and the playerlist.