Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 04:17 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
I love the quality control on this server. Really quite nice. Unfortunately, I pretty much quit Graal, and especially development, at this point and I had hardly accomplished anything with the car movement at all; I had merely translated the angle into a position on a sprite sheet with 32 directions and written a script for 3DS Max to build and output a sprite sheet from a 3D model. It looked okay, and most of my time was spent making it look decent, but as you can imagine, it's quite difficult to do that with 3D models and Graal's extremely obscure perspective.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
That "dummy crash" video looks really great. I'm a little confused by the mix between modern and fantasy though.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Mister Master of Zeron
HerrChris is on a distinguished road
thank you folks

now it is just how downsider said and that is why we wont use sprites of a 3d-modell anymore. Using sprites of the 3D-jeep was just for testing purpose, so we retain the 2D-sprite-system,

Mh but it seems that 8 sprites per angle aren't just good enough, so I am going to do 8 additional sprites but - what the heck who cares?

What we need is some NAT who is able to script that once more.

@Rufus: The design of the cars isn't finished. Just like I said they'll look more "zeronish" when I have redone the concept.
Gotoxy (she's a very brilliant GFX) will support me
Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Prerender a celshaded model at various angles and touch it up as a sprite. Best of both worlds.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Prerender a celshaded model at various angles and touch it up as a sprite. Best of both worlds.
Best solution, +rep next time

Old 10-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Mister Master of Zeron
HerrChris is on a distinguished road
Yeah that would be very neat, because you dont have to think about the scale when drawing the next angle of a car (which is always different in length and width except the height in pixel, as measured by some fixed point). But I think I cant do that with SketchUp or something so I had to use some kind of a special render software.

But thats not the point now - we just NEED a NAT to bring the cars into being
Anyone there...?

Last edited by HerrChris; 10-30-2010 at 02:50 PM..