Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:14 AM
SlikRick SlikRick is offline
Retired
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Minnesota,USA
Posts: 685
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
New Terms of Service

Quote:
Welcome to Unholy Nation. These are the rules and regulations that players are required to follow. Failure to follow these rules will result in various punishments. Thank you.

Hacking/Glitching
1.)Hacking is a no tolerance situation. If you are caught hacking, an immediate 30 day ban will be placed, if not more.
a.Hacking will be defined as use of any 3rd party program to directly influence the game in any way shape or form.
b.Sending out hacking links will be held under this stipulation as well.
2.)Glitching will also not be tolerated. If a person is using a method to glitch in order to gain any sort of items or access to areas, they risk reset or ban. If you find a glitch, please report it.

Harassment
1.)Harassment is defined as anything that will disturb or upset another person.
a.Harassment may be done on player, in mass messages, or in private messages.
b.Harassment can be calling people unwanted names, continuous engagement with a player who has asked to be left alone, or threatening a player with text.
c.Harassment includes sexual and racist remarks.
d.Harassment also includes giving out personal information about a person (facebook, myspace, personal photos, name, phone number, address, etc.) without the player's consent.
e.This does include staff members as well. If a staff member asks you to leave them alone, for whatever purpose they may need (testing, dealing with other issues, etc.), please leave them alone.
2.)The general rule of thumb for harassment is to respect one another's personal bubble. If someone feels like their bubble is being infringed on, they have a right to report it.
3.)We promote the ability for people to have lively debates in mass messages. Just make sure to keep it civil and respectful of others.

Vulgarity
1.)UN will have a limited swearing mentality. By limited swearing, we mean that a few words here and there are okay. However, directing those swear words to anyone else, are not to be allowed.
a.Example: ****, that sucks versus You are a piece of ****.
b.The amount allowed is under the discretion of staff.
2.)Pornography in any form will not be allowed. This can be in message, image, or video form. No warning will be needed for this.
3.)Any discussion of illegal drugs will not be tolerated in mass messages, toalls, or public areas. If you want to talk about it, take it to private messages or private areas.

Sparring.
1.)Spar running, laming, or disrupting spars via spamming is not allowed.
a.A spar ban or a jail will be imposed for these infractions.
2.)Blocking doors in the spar room can be grounds for jailing. Please allow others to enjoy the various rooms of the spar complex.

Jailing
1.)Staff do not have to give a warning to jail. A warning is considered a privilege, not a right.
2.)When you are jailed, you are jailed until the amount of time is served or after one month of being in jail for one jailing sentence.
a.This rule will not apply for more serious infractions, including bans.
3.)If you are jailed 3 times within a week, your next jail will be an automatic 14 day ban.
4.)If you are jailed 5 times within the month, your next jail will be an automatic 14 day ban.
5.)If you are banned once, your next ban will higher. (14 days to 30 to 60 to unlimited)
6.)Logging onto another account to play while you are jailed will not be tolerated. This will result with the alternative account being jailed and both accounts having an increased jail sentence.
a.Bans will be the same way. Ban evading will extend the time of both accounts.

Unholy Nation also follows the Graal Terms of Service that is outlined on the website http://www.graalonline.com/docs/agreement.

Unholy Nation staff reserve the right to modify and enforce these rules as deemed necessary.

By pressing accept you agree to abide by the rules set by Unholy Nation.
Is this for real? This limits the rights of players and strengthens the power of staff, and even TAKES AWAY being warned, which has been something to happen on Graal for a decade. It gives the staff of UN, which I know some are not, more of a reason to be corrupt and do whatever they want. Although I do agree with some of them, I feel that the rest is nothing more than an act to give them more power then they already have over the players that occupy the server.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I must admit, these rules are awful vague in certain point-outs.

Also, I've logged on a few times onto the server with this agreement popping up, I do not stay on long and I've also logged out without accepting terms, but I do have one question; Why is there no right to deny?
Is this a Terms of Service agreement or a Code of Conduct?

Considering I do not have a law degree, I am not familiar with the said differences.
__________________

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:22 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Not sure what the problem is. Pretty much ANY game ToS can be summed up in once sentence:

"We reserve the right to disallow access to your account at any given time."

Pretty sure they could jail/ban you before without warning anyways. Do you really think their ToS gives you more or less rights? At the end of the day your account is still being handled by a bunch of people who volunteer their time, have no obligation to remain fair and just, and play the same game with the same people they're meant to approach with an unbiased attitude. If a problem arises, contact PWA as Graal rules > PW rules.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:22 AM
SlikRick SlikRick is offline
Retired
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Minnesota,USA
Posts: 685
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
I personally think that the globals need to take a look into this because it seems more like a Dictatorship than anything else. Do what I say, or you will be imprisoned.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Not sure what the problem is. Pretty much ANY game ToS can be summed up in once sentence:

"We reserve the right to disallow access to your account at any given time."
.
Understandable, but how come it isn't addressed then?

This seems to just dictate what will happen if you are qualified for any action we've described here.

Could they not simply state that?
__________________

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:28 AM
SlikRick SlikRick is offline
Retired
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Minnesota,USA
Posts: 685
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Graal rules > PW rules.
This is exactly the problem. They are trying to override the rules of Graal. I agree that if there is a problem contact PWA, but at the same time a player should be given the right to be warned to stop their actions before an action is taken. These new "rules" take that way, so you have to deal with an injustice while you wait for the PWA to handle it. Sometimes their fast, other times they are not.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Understandable, but how come it isn't addressed then?

This seems to just dictate what will happen if you are qualified for any action we've described here.

Could they not simply state that?
Because they need a clause that says they can ban/jail without warning. People feel that because they pay money in a game that somehow rules don't apply to them, or that their account is worth more than a player that has no money linked to it.

"What do you mean that because I massed tons of porn that I was banned... WITHOUT WARNING!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY I SPENT ON THIS SUBSCRIPTION!?!"

I didn't read the entire thing, but what exactly concerns you people? Seems like typical stuff to me, and again ALL OF THIS APPLIED BEFORE anyways. They're just spelling stuff out for some reason. Pretty sure there are tons of people who have been banned/jailed without warning or even reason. Again, take it up with PWA if a problem arises. Just because they SAY they can ban you without reason doesn't mean that suddenly their rules > graal ToS, and that they can just go banning anyone they don't like(which again, they could do before these ToS were apparently updated).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Starfire2001 Starfire2001 is offline
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The streets.
Posts: 156
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
So this might be a bit of an overreaction, considering these rules you are taking issue with have been the server rules which you could access by pming the npcserver "serverrules" for the past couple years... just now in gui form so that people actually know about them and can't claim ignorance.
__________________
-Ph8
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 View Post
So this might be a bit of an overreaction, considering these rules you are taking issue with have been the server rules which you could access by pming the npcserver "serverrules" for the past couple years... just now in gui form so that people actually know about them and can't claim ignorance.
I never knew about that NPC-Server pm business, might I ask how before GUI this would've been known?

I simply have an issue with the right to be able to both accept and decline, because you can easily do that in any other ToS i've ever dealt with.

http://mmohuts.com/wp-content/galler...craft-eula.jpg
__________________

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:44 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I never knew about that NPC-Server pm business, might I ask how before GUI this would've been known?
Probably told you in the server PM that there are a list of commands you can send to the server, such as serverrules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I simply have an issue with the right to be able to both accept and decline, because you can easily do that in any other ToS i've ever dealt with.
Not really. Plenty of ToS have no way to actually "deny" them. For example with movies if you open the case you automatically agree to the terms. Many games have that if you login/play you agree to their terms. Plenty of EULA/ToS sneak in agreement clauses with various tricks. But does none of this even matter? I feel people are getting worked up over things that really don't matter. People will just accept any ToS because denying means not getting access. Would you stop playing UN? Also forcing a person to a ToS or EULA or whatever without their direct input(ala clicking 'I agree') typically doesn't float well in court.


The point however is all of this is very typical MMO ToS stuff. They need a clause saying they can ban/jail without warning because every situation is unique and needs to be approached differently, and some justify action without warning. Even the Graal ToS has this clause in it.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:48 AM
SlikRick SlikRick is offline
Retired
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Minnesota,USA
Posts: 685
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
The basic matter is this, they are trying to take rights away from the players that beforehand they had; such as subject to warning before a jail/ban. UN has always been known for corrupt staff, once again not all of them are like this, but this gives them more freedom to do whatever they like.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
The basic matter is this, they are trying to take rights away from the players that beforehand they had; such as subject to warning before a jail/ban. UN has always been known for corrupt staff, once again not all of them are like this, but this gives them more freedom to do whatever they like.
lol what? So if I had massed porn before hand I had to be warned before I was banned? What about CP?

Anyways it's something reflected in Graal's ToS anyways so you never had these rights as a player in the first place.

Again, standard MMO stuff. Don't get worked up over nothing. And no it doesn't give them the freedom to do whatever they want, it simply means if they have to do something about something then they can without worrying. And I say for the last time PWA and Graal ToS still overrule this anyways. They can't just go banning people for no reason.

All of this is just screaming overdramatic.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
nice lets highten our enforcement on a dwindling playercount

smart choice guys a++
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
You're right Dusty, I suppose If I decide I want to decline, I simply don't play. I am persuaded

If you wish to not accept, then don't everybody, because it actually doesn't force you in the first place
__________________

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:58 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
The rules have been cleared up probably for the sole fact of making it easier for players to understand what is and is not against the rules. It probably helps GP/staff to be more unified in their actions as well.

You say it as though discretion and approaching each problem as it is its own problem is a bad thing. It's not.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.