Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Graal Developer
Joshua_P2P is on a distinguished road
so will the server ever come back? or is stefan just gonna continue with 2D for now?
Old 03-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to papajchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_P2P View Post
so will the server ever come back? or is stefan just gonna continue with 2D for now?
No one here can give you a definite answer, other than Stefan. Ask him.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I liked Graal 3D both the really old one and the new one. I wish the new one would come back too.. back then my pc was crap as crap. Would be neat at least. And yeah I only remember the snowmen too.. I never knew there was a dragon
Old 03-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
The Graal3D Winter Preview was a nifty server, and the design of the characters/buildings etc was really quite nice, but there were 3D development servers after that which were considerably patchier and not as good. If I remember correctly, Stefan said to me once that the latest versions of the game client don't even include the full 3D engine code like the previous beta clients did (in order to make the executable smaller) so it is probably difficult to develop a 3D server without a special build of the client.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
The Graal3D Winter Preview was a nifty server, and the design of the characters/buildings etc was really quite nice, but there were 3D development servers after that which were considerably patchier and not as good. If I remember correctly, Stefan said to me once that the latest versions of the game client don't even include the full 3D engine code like the previous beta clients did (in order to make the executable smaller) so it is probably difficult to develop a 3D server without a special build of the client.
I think I heard the engine was removed too.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin Send a message via Skype™ to Draenin
I doubt that it was totally scrapped. It might be unplayable, but all the files and stuff for it probably still exist on the server itself.

But yeah. As Skyld said, if some 3D functionality was removed from the game client, it might be difficult to render stuff that was built on the server to begin with.

All that aside, though, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being worked on again. Especially since the game client supports OpenGL now. I just think that if it does happen again, it probably won't be for a while.

Last edited by Draenin; 03-10-2013 at 12:10 AM..
Old 03-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
i know the engine 3d was base off of torque 3d engine. If i remember right you had to be VIP to play it. Been awhile i ask about graal 3d a while back and prob wont come back as Stefan stated that it was just a little project for a learning experience.... but idk i remember Glador had a 3d server and was making his own thing from it a while ago. but the tools was quite nice and

someone said it would be difficult and take a special engine ??? there' rpg maker 3d
im sure you can do it and make it easier if they can....

lol hmm maybe launch it as a app lol idk y u couldn't there's Perfect Legends and its a full 3d game on Andriod

but maybe i would like to see the features be release once again and use my 3d graphics think would be nice and attract more players
for the ability to build your own 3d world... just a nice feature that graal just throws the waste
Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
there' rpg maker 3d
im sure you can do it and make it easier if they can....

OMG really?! rpg maker 3d sure sounds awesome got any links or so?

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_P2P View Post
so will the server ever come back?
No.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
OMG really?! rpg maker 3d sure sounds awesome got any links or so?
here u go
this one is maker3d which is ok
http://maker3d.tk/

rpg maker 3d
http://www.ambardia.com/RPgameMaker3...rDownload.html
Old 03-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
Couldn't kill snowmen with shovels so you had to dig up snowballs to kill them good logic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.