Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #16  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Cubical Cubical is offline
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,348
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
i vote for more restrictions but at the same time even less restrictions
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-09-2015, 10:04 AM
scriptless scriptless is offline
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N-Pulse
Posts: 1,412
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I've always said don't blame the restrictions.GK Goes from 80 players a day where trials got reset all items and stats wiped every time they disconnected.. To everything is free to a certain level. And the player count goes from 80... to 8.. lol Also noticed that the average player level went from 40 to 110.. but still. Every update I see on a server is just another attempt to reinvent the wheel. (okay guys lets make this dungeon better then ever).. It's a dungeon and I'm 110.. o.O I logged on to see the ice boss in the new dungeon on gk.. not log on to actually fight him.. just seeing I'm was pretty cool. Almost felt like a true story. or at least 0.01% more.

Theres only really 3 things staff on graal focus on. Level up, Get items, and Community Ecosystem. Problem is I don't even know why I am leveling up.. to fight other people? oh sorry I'm playing the wrong game then because id rather do that in 3d.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Draenin Draenin is offline
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bermuda Triangle
Posts: 6,790
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin Send a message via Skype™ to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I've always said don't blame the restrictions.GK Goes from 80 players a day where trials got reset all items and stats wiped every time they disconnected..
There were a lot of poor decisions made between when GK had 80+ players on average and what it has now. It didn't happen overnight.

There have been a lot of factors that kind of ran the server into the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless
To everything is free to a certain level. And the player count goes from 80... to 8.. lol Also noticed that the average player level went from 40 to 110.. but still.

Theres only really 3 things staff on graal focus on. Level up, Get items, and Community Ecosystem. Problem is I don't even know why I am leveling up.. to fight other people? oh sorry I'm playing the wrong game then because id rather do that in 3d.
Wouldn't be such a problem if GK was built to actually have anything to do at max level.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-09-2015, 02:42 PM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
i vote for more restrictions but at the same time even less restrictions
i'll never forgot stefan's last words to me as he left to on his pilgrimage to defeat Sin.

"call them subscription benefits not restrictions"
__________________
Quote:
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur Jakov_the_Jakovasaur is offline
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Deleted by Darlene159
Posts: 353
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
i vote for more restrictions but at the same time even less restrictions
i vote for a restriction on restrictions!
__________________
This signature has been deleted by Darlene159.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Kamaeru Kamaeru is offline
Sandinista!
Kamaeru's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,040
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
There were a lot of poor decisions made between when GK had 80+ players on average and what it has now. It didn't happen overnight.

There have been a lot of factors that kind of ran the server into the ground.

Wouldn't be such a problem if GK was built to actually have anything to do at max level.
2k2 was a mistake.

I remember day 1, it was a completely different game. It was going to be way sweeter. They should have stuck with the initial vision.
__________________
3DS friendcode: 1118-0226-7975
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-23-2015, 05:12 PM
PhantosP2P PhantosP2P is offline
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 122
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to PhantosP2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
No. Everybody said that Graal PC would be saved once observer mode was removed and the forums became free. Those things happened, a few people blinked.

I think it's time to make iOS servers accessible via the client.
Observer being removed helped change our community for the better on Valikorlia, and it put the onus on us for getting people interested. Advertising the core PC client is GraalOnline's job, but our FREE server is ours to bring to the attention of the masses. That reddit thread worked for a nostalgia bump for us but it wasn't the savior of the community. Nor was it really ever expected to be, at least not by us.

Still, our management team feels like we're in limbo right now. No one thinks to even check these forums for up to date information. We're not exactly approached for input on things like "Playerworld Server Requirements" with stealth updates made in January 15 for a thread made in 09.

Not having any input whatsoever makes us feel little better than players with an unpaid internship. We don't know how much it costs GraalOnline to host us, nor are we considered people who should know or be worried/interested/invested. Half of my 30 years spent working here and I know so little.

I am eagerly awaiting the day that the GraalOnline reps tell us that we're going to be FB accessible. When that day comes, I'm not going to stand for periods of inactivity or "poor" looking front-ends. If PC is dead and it gets another shock with the paddles, it'll be on us for it staying dead.

But I want a shock, not a shot in the arm.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-23-2015, 05:25 PM
MysticalDragon MysticalDragon is offline
Global Administration
MysticalDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lynn Ma
Posts: 883
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
Observer being removed helped change our community for the better on Valikorlia, and it put the onus on us for getting people interested. Advertising the core PC client is GraalOnline's job, but our FREE server is ours to bring to the attention of the masses. That reddit thread worked for a nostalgia bump for us but it wasn't the savior of the community. Nor was it really ever expected to be, at least not by us.

Still, our management team feels like we're in limbo right now. No one thinks to even check these forums for up to date information. We're not exactly approached for input on things like "Playerworld Server Requirements" with stealth updates made in January 15 for a thread made in 09.

Not having any input whatsoever makes us feel little better than players with an unpaid internship. We don't know how much it costs GraalOnline to host us, nor are we considered people who should know or be worried/interested/invested. Half of my 30 years spent working here and I know so little.

I am eagerly awaiting the day that the GraalOnline reps tell us that we're going to be FB accessible. When that day comes, I'm not going to stand for periods of inactivity or "poor" looking front-ends. If PC is dead and it gets another shock with the paddles, it'll be on us for it staying dead.

But I want a shock, not a shot in the arm.
Weird, i drop by valikorlia from time to time, and everyone is afk. Like i explained to the administration there 6 months ago, i would love to see valikorlia go to facebook. There really is no set in stone requirements, we accomplished it with delteria. Your team just needs to take the initiative a show your interested in heading the fb route.
__________________
~Delteria Support
~Playerworld Support
~PWA Chief
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]



Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-23-2015, 05:35 PM
PhantosP2P PhantosP2P is offline
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 122
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to PhantosP2P
Do you have any sort of guideline or requirements or any documentation whatsoever for what is required to be properly seen as showing "initiative"?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-23-2015, 08:11 PM
MysticalDragon MysticalDragon is offline
Global Administration
MysticalDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lynn Ma
Posts: 883
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Pretty much small amount to no timeouts, facebook client cant handle them. Only one transition at a time when using particle effects, when you use more then one the particles don't render on facebook. Thats pretty much it besides you need to adjust your systems for full screen mode. Creativity is a plus but valikorlia already has that.
__________________
~Delteria Support
~Playerworld Support
~PWA Chief
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]



Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Cubical Cubical is offline
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,348
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Can I make a server that is solely about mining and get it on Facebook? The goal would be to mine more rocks than anyone else. You will also be able to steal other players rocks.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-03-2015, 03:20 AM
Darugo Darugo is offline
hi
Darugo's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 63
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm kind of out the loop... so the PC client is not merged with any other client? Who works on the game currently?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-03-2015, 04:03 AM
shrimps shrimps is offline
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Red Bank, Tennessee
Posts: 1,127
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugo View Post
I'm kind of out the loop... so the PC client is not merged with any other client? Who works on the game currently?
For the players by the players.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Tim_Rocks Tim_Rocks is offline
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,863
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugo View Post
I'm kind of out the loop... so the PC client is not merged with any other client? Who works on the game currently?
The client should be open source.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-04-2015, 05:12 AM
Elk Elk is offline
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deerland
Posts: 3,829
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk Send a message via Skype™ to Elk
id be willing to develop for $$$

nn showcase/publicity
__________________
iEra IGN: *Elk (Darkshire)
iCla. IGN: *Elk (Darkshire)
iZone IGN: *Elk (Darkshire)




Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.