Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Battle Admin Update

Battle Admin is a tool used by Events Masters to control what gear, weapons, and rules that are in a spar.

Battle Admin should be updated. The current Battle Admin only allows certain weapons, and magic on/off. The updated version of Battle Admin should contain the following options:

-Sudden Death Mode (one hit one kill)
-No Regeneration/extreme regeneration
-Only specific spells (thunder, wounds, bullets)
-No praying
-No poison
-No blinding
-No confusion
-Specific gear disabled, (boots, gloves, etc.)
-Damage multipliers (2x, 4x, 8x) or max damage crits on every hit.
-Anonymous mode (cannot see names of your enemy, their sword being used/clothes, or their HP until they or you die.)
-Limited hits (can only slash your sword 40 times, so be sparing)

Just gives a lot of opportunities to host new events. It'd be very interesting to see a Sudden Death Fists Only round, and it'd allow for tons of new pvp-based events.

Post more suggestions for different Battle Admin modes or post your agree/disagreements.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:02 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
I sort of do a "Sudden Death" mode but it would be nice to have a setting for that.
I would also like to be able to disable poison, blinding, etc for just all out legit spar. Disabling gear would be nice but I can see people crying about that already.
Limited hits could be a good thing or a bad thing. Running is already a very big issue and I can see this causing even more of that.
Damage Multipliers would be interesting to see if you got like a dbl hit or even if your getting low on hp your hit multiplies.

Interesting ideas... would be nice to see some of them happen.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I think praying should just be changed completely because it's something that still ridiculously affects bmode fighting. Praying should hold the player in stasis for a minimum of two seconds and be a constant channelled skill so you don't need to constantly hold the praying skill button down.

I definitely support the battle admin improvements but I don't support these elements
  • Damage Multiplier - This just seems unnecessary
  • Specific Gear Disabled - This is also unnecessary and can be unfair
  • Extreme Regeneration - Promotes running
  • Limited Hits - Promotes running
Old 04-16-2012, 12:57 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
It doesnt mean that it'd be used daily or even monthly, giving it the possibility would just be awesome. A crazy mixup of Extreme regen, 8x hits, even if it's running it's still a 3 hit kill.. Running will be enforced by the EM as it always has been.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:39 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I agree but I think it should also have an option to disable spar limitations completely making it completely on par with normal pvp. It would make it possible to those in the same kingdom to fight each other at full capability without having to be removed from the kingdom just to battle.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Butcher of the Kingdoms
garglius1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to garglius1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I agree but I think it should also have an option to disable spar limitations completely making it completely on par with normal pvp. It would make it possible to those in the same kingdom to fight each other at full capability without having to be removed from the kingdom just to battle.
This.

5813... WHAT!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:14 AM
ω
Yeah, great idea. Even allowing Hotaru Spar to do magic spars and giving full speed/normal PVP abilities would be awesome.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
I like most suggestions but the gear disable could really turn fights pretty lopsided. Disable chest pieces and dmail users get heavily favored while gale users get punished since losing 1.0 speed vs losing 25 or so damage is huge. Also disabling cloaks and ammies? Sup ur going thru ur picnic basket like ur next up on death row unless ur bile.

Also while it would be neat to disable attacktypes i think it's got a case of da mudlibs

Mostly need to disable regen tho to balance spars. Making praying a fixed channel as suggested would help tons
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:09 AM
ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
I like most suggestions but the gear disable could really turn fights pretty lopsided.
the people who get screwed in this are the more heavily geared, better players. Give the less geared guy a shot once in a while, as I stated earlier I really doubt 90% of fights would even use this function.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Lesser geared guys wouldn't benefit. If their biggest item is a gale and the rest of their set is random alchemy items like fhom and maybe elvens you'd be taking away a HUGE portion of their total item level while decked players would still maintain a fairly big average item lvl.

The spar system already does a fairly good job closing the gaps between gear tiers. There are probably better ways to equalize gear levels than disabling item slots.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.