Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 06:33 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Meh. The old bodies are kind of crappy and do not really lend themselves to player customisation beyond hats. Not sure how great the custom bodies actually looked, but I could see some room for gimmicky kingdom-specific accessoires. I guess I would make this contingent on what you can do for graphics artists.
The normal bodies aren't too limited, if Valikorlia is used as an example. It just takes somebody with a little bit of pixel talent. Custom bodies, as I've experienced, are leagues more difficult to customize. You almost have to provide all customizations yourself, since most players aren't going to want to edit relatively complex graphics. I can see the benefit in have custom bodies, when it comes to providing accessories or other 'addons'. But I don't personally think it's worth it.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
The normal bodies aren't too limited, if Valikorlia is used as an example. It just takes somebody with a little bit of pixel talent. Custom bodies, as I've experienced, are leagues more difficult to customize. You almost have to provide all customizations yourself, since most players aren't going to want to edit relatively complex graphics. I can see the benefit in have custom bodies, when it comes to providing accessories or other 'addons'. But I don't personally think it's worth it.
I agree with this. Also it is simple enough to edit the default ganis to add a simple extra customization thing like a weapon or something strapped to the back of the player, which is something I'd like.

I think the diversity of the normal bodies outweighs the customization benefits of custom bodies.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:38 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Plus, GK's bodies have stupid ganis. If you're going to do extra work, it might as well be on the guaranteed to look nice classic bodies than on the experimental GK ones.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Sorry but the classic bodies look like ****; it is not 1998 anymore
Old 08-07-2010, 05:22 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
it is not 1998 anymore
yeah but the future sucks
Old 08-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Sorry but the classic bodies look like ****; it is not 1998 anymore
The GK bodies (and heads for that matter) largely "****" as well. The simple fact of the matter is despite this players are still overwhelmingly playing on classic servers with classic bodies, and, are more concerned with matters of content/customization. Saying something ****s without having a better alternative renders your lazy counterpoint a nonstarter (even in this case where it's otherwise accurate).

I will however concede that it'd be nice to have a viable alternative to the two crapfest body standards we currently have on Graal, so, +rep for my liking of your blunt obviousness.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
the bodies that i think konidias made that were on 2k1 like 6 months ago were awesome. they were like up to date customizable bodies yet still very classic looking. use them
Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Alure1316 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
the bodies that i think konidias made that were on 2k1 like 6 months ago were awesome. they were like up to date customizable bodies yet still very classic looking. use them
Pics?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
rufus would get mad
Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
rufus would get mad
And why would getting Rufus mad concern you?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
just make g2k1 more like minecraft
Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Open it up so we can look around and make suggestions.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
just make g2k1 more like minecraft
Put together a team to remake 2k1 in minecraft
Old 08-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix2 View Post
Open it up so we can look around and make suggestions.
Sounds like a good idea
Old 08-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Put together a team to remake 2k1 in minecraft
If we could do what you can do in single player then I'd easily develope (Also who here thinks LATing would be the easiest job in the world for this position )

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.