Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
uhh...

Okay, over many years we've had MMO gaming out now. I haven't really experienced new servers out, and I have a few concerns.

Why haven't we done "normal" setups? 1-10 specials with icons, pet control, questing, raiding, dungeon systems?

I've played zodiac, but not recently I know you can configure keyboard to do certain actions but nothing on a toolbar so to speak.

Also the whole 2D side scrolling gaming has been huge maplestory, ect. What is holding up developers from achieving the same thing?

Is it because this is set for non-Graal staff to take care of? Seriously how hard would it be to set up a basic framework to build up these features? a month? two months? its been (looks at WoW clock 6+ years)

I mean it's great Graal is getting through with its recent iPhone advancements but not before going through the PC player base as a jump off point.

at this time of writing 0 across the board on gold servers. Is this the kind of worth you want to give people who pay money for this game?

Who is keeping this company on their toes anymore? I've been supporting this game since 2001 financially speaking spending money when major advancements come along It might not be much but it means I have a voice. At least in my delusions of grandeur.

How can a peice of **** simplistic game like farmville become so popular when graal is left in the dark? Hell almost anyone in graal with a decent understanding in gscript(2) could accomplish this. Are you telling me graal can't create a farm server, a zombie server, and a WoW-esque style game?

Are you saying that Stefan can't make graal F2P with a cash shop that is somewhat balanced?

With this many years into it, I can't believe that new games come out surpassing graal that have half the potential.

I keep coming back, to see if this game has jumped to the next level and every time comes disappointment.

I already acknowledge that this rant will probably not change anything. Nor will the number of replies it gets. But thats whats great about being able to voice an opinion in this world.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Do you want to hear the best business plan for Graal? I'm about to tell you it. It is amazing.

Remove the subscription fee. Remove any fee that involves regular payment for access to all servers. Instead, allow players to develop a server, publish it, and allow the developers to add in-game micro-transactions. Split the transactions 50/50 to the developers and Cyberjourers. There. Now developers have an awesome incentive and micro-transactions galore, which is what made iPhone Graal a success.

It's the difference between being a game in the AppStore and being the AppStore of MMO games.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Unixmad seems like the kind of guy who would rather only have $10,000 than have $50,000 but have to give half away.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Unixmad seems like the kind of guy who would rather only have $10,000 than have $50,000 but have to give half away.
History yells a giant DUH! on this comment

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned
Developers need incentive, period. This is the best way to do it. Raises the playerbase and makes better servers.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:47 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Held back by bad management.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:14 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafukie View Post
Also the whole 2D side scrolling gaming has been huge maplestory, ect. What is holding up developers from achieving the same thing?
2D sidescrolling has been around on Graal since 2K1. Also in Zodiac's gravity events. Nobody has made a server based around it because nobody has made a server based around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafukie View Post
How can a peice of **** simplistic game like farmville become so popular when graal is left in the dark?
Facebook.

However, you're right that a server like this isn't really feasible because it would mostly appeal to trials who wouldn't play due to trial restrictions, and the only way to get trial restrictions lifted seems to be if your server is already successful (i.e. Zodiac.) I think they're scrapping trials and adding cash shops or something in version 6 though.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
2D sidescrolling has been around on Graal since 2K1. Also in Zodiac's gravity events. Nobody has made a server based around it because nobody has made a server based around it.
Graal character sprites aren't really prospectively correct for that kind of thing, but if someone was a good GAT who could make some Maplestory-esque sprites, I would love to script something like that. And most servers have awful gravity scripts, really, really awful ones.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
It would look like trash compared to Maple Story though. Maple Story pulls it off so well because of its graphics department and fluid movement.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Banned
Not sure about that, though, there's some talented artists who have singlehandedly created some impressive, large scale projects, maybe not in the Graal community, but a single person can pull it off. And I believe in a lot of the artists around here, too.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:52 AM
a single person cannot pull it off if he wants to finish it in a realistic time frame and have a decently sized server
Old 12-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Banned
You'd be surprised the things people achieve outside of the Graal community.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
This ^
Old 12-26-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Yes I know but a full fledged platforming server with one graphic artist is a huge task, on Graal at that.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:15 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
My opinion is that if Graal takes these steps, then there will be no MMO out there on the internet, that I know of, that I would even shake a stick at.

Graal has always been the only MMO where you don't level up or bother with statistics, but rather the focus and attraction is based on gameplay, and that is the only thing I like about it. I was never into sparring either.