Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Understood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I tested it with automatic mass-reply message (all players blinking on the playerlist), and were not able to see any lag or memory leak. I need more information:
- does it also lag if you just have one blinking icon on the playerlist (tray icon blinking) or only when a lot of icons on the playerlist are blinking?
- on any server?
- does it cause a memory leak, the memory taken by Graal is increasing over the time (watch Graal in the task manager) ?
It doesn't matter how many icons are blinking...I only really play Era, but I played Zodiac for a while and it didn't seem to happen there.

I've asked around on Era and several other people get the same problem...lag that they never got before graal 5.

Yes, the memory taken by Graal gradually increases over time.

I have a very good computer and graal shouldn't be lagging me...
Old 08-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Does it also lag when there are no blinking PMs at all?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:01 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Since you claim it is Era specific and other people are experiencing this also only on Era, I'm surprised no one has posting this here.

I do have to agree though that my own server lags slightly more with v5 (seems to take up like twice as much CPU and a bit more memory when I am around the same particle effects I had in v4.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:13 AM
I just deleted the graal folder and installed again...it's probably a temp fix, but it's not hard to do...

although while I was doing it I found another Era-related problem...I don't think you automatically download the Era tileset when you connect.

When I connected to Era I saw only black and NPCs...I got the era tilesets from someone and manually put them in my tiles folder...but it still didn't work, so I messed around in my options and unchecked "Use filename cache" and that fixed it...I found out several people had the same problem, and I showed them what they needed to do.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
What was the filename?

About the playerlist lag: still cannot see any problem on Era, does it only happen at special places / maps ?
Update: the playerlist didn't lag me, but when walking over the era map it was taking a lot of memory, will check what the problem for this is.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Playerlist up or not, the entire server and client stop responding for times upwards of 5 seconds at random intervals since the graal 5 change.

It could be a software compatibility issue as I'm on XP x64. But since other people are getting it, its hard to say. I have no logged errors for you but have seen this atleast a few times a day. There is no way Graal should be able to lock up both of my processors enough to make it pause like that.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:16 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Update: the playerlist didn't lag me, but when walking over the era map it was taking a lot of memory, will check what the problem for this is.
OH YES PLEASE DO THAT!! Its lagging on Era since v4 its out, its so annoying.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Graal Administration
Hmmm The problem seems to be hugh number of npcs on the era map. I have reduced the memory taken by the npc a little bit in my version, although it is still a lot. I don't have the problem of playerlist lag still though.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:01 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Stefan, you are going offtopic, this thread is not about playerlist lag
Old 08-15-2007, 07:08 AM
tileset_era01-summer-online.png

I talked to Era staff about it and someone told me they told Vulcan, but I don't know if anything has been done.

And about the lag, I turned off mass messages today, and I didn't get any lag...if that helps.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Graal Administration
The file is online, has been uploaded a few days ago.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
33,720 K Graal.exe

And rising 0_o
Old 08-17-2007, 12:30 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Graal4.exe 91,032k
Old 08-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
X_x not played long enough for that. Too much lag to even try lol