Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 04:24 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
well, most of my problems from vista are cleared up
except for:

-im disconnected like every 5 minutes

-whenever someone else on my computer wants to go on their account, i always switch user and they log on, and when i go back on my account my graal screen is white- i can't see anything.

-ill get these random messages that have a ton of numbers in them, and when i do i keep clicking okay and they keep reappearing, so i cant click anything else but the message and when i do it just pops right back up- so i have to open task manager and end graal, which makes the messages go away.

-i have insane, INTENSE lag. like when i go on un and say showlag, i get like 7000 per second or whatever instead of 50
Old 10-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
-im disconnected like every 5 minutes
Disable Window's Defender or any other Firewall you're using, and see if it improve. Not a Graal related issue.

Quote:
-whenever someone else on my computer wants to go on their account, i always switch user and they log on, and when i go back on my account my graal screen is white- i can't see anything.
Try updating your computer drivers in general, I've never heard about this issue, meaning it's most likely related to your computer and not Graal.

Quote:
-ill get these random messages that have a ton of numbers in them, and when i do i keep clicking okay and they keep reappearing, so i cant click anything else but the message and when i do it just pops right back up- so i have to open task manager and end graal, which makes the messages go away.
Sounds like a so-called non-harmful Virus that's playing with you. Not a Graal related issue.

Quote:
-i have insane, INTENSE lag. like when i go on un and say showlag, i get like 7000 per second or whatever instead of 50
See my first and second reply, not a Graal related issue.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-24-2008, 04:43 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Disable Window's Defender or any other Firewall you're using, and see if it improve. Not a Graal related issue.
the only thing we use is antivir, and thats probably not the problem.

Quote:
it's most likely related to your computer and not Graal.
thats what this is about - vista

Quote:
Sounds like a so-called non-harmful Virus that's playing with you. Not a Graal related issue.
i dont think it is, because this has ALWAYS happened to me, and yet we do virus scans, it would be gone by now

Quote:
refer to my second reply
Old 10-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
i dont think it is, because this has ALWAYS happened to me, and yet we do virus scans, it would be gone by now
Actually, those kind of Viruses rarely show up in virus scans.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
I noticed that Graal doesn't support the new Vista folder structure, because Graal has to write data to its own folder and Vista doesn't want you writing to program files so Graal has to install itself into your user folder, that is a bit irritating.

I'm upgrading from XP Pro to Vista Business at this very moment.
Quote:
So you have to choose between assuming it's a Virus even though the scanner doesn't say, and assuming it's a problem with Graal on Vista.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:52 PM
a/s/l
Quote:
you win.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:51 AM
Feelin' ***tastic
atomuskus is on a distinguished road
I have actually heard those alot, it happened to me too, I talked to a guy from Windows and he said Vista builds up garbage data and fragments itself as a security measure (WTF), and apparently in vista that can cause program errors too. The recommend that you use disk defragment and disk cleanup at least every 48 hours.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:21 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:

Try updating your computer drivers in general, I've never heard about this issue, meaning it's most likely related to your computer and not Graal.

You have obviously done your homework in this conversation.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:42 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
When I use Windows Vista the only problem I get with Graal is the immense lag but thats mainly to do with my computer specs only meet the minimum for Vista to work. If you can't fix the problem with Vista you could try using a different operating system when your using Graal, Linux for example.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
When I use Windows Vista the only problem I get with Graal is the immense lag but thats mainly to do with my computer specs only meet the minimum for Vista to work. If you can't fix the problem with Vista you could try using a different operating system when your using Graal, Linux for example.
I for one prefer my eyecandy, however if your utility is great enough to warrant disabling it - Aero can be turned off, which should speed things up a bit.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:48 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Getting a new computer soon, so I'll likely install Vista on it instead of XP. Thanks everyone.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:50 AM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
For some reason on 64 bit vista, top of the line system of course, Whenever I decide to walk into another level on an overworld, or just out of complete randomness, the client will lock up for almost a minute. The same thing happens when I change the size of the screen.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESTRETIS View Post
For some reason on 64 bit vista, top of the line system of course, Whenever I decide to walk into another level on an overworld, or just out of complete randomness, the client will lock up for almost a minute. The same thing happens when I change the size of the screen.
I don't think the Engine Graal uses to render the canvas is very efficient at rendering large resolutions. Is your window large? Mine is, and I always lag quite a lot on terrain gmaps... and my computer is also quite excellent.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:20 AM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't think the Engine Graal uses to render the canvas is very efficient at rendering large resolutions. Is your window large? Mine is, and I always lag quite a lot on terrain gmaps... and my computer is also quite excellent.
Desktop is at 1280 1024 while I run the client at about 800X600 windowed. If I play in Alt+Enter mode, no problems at all.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESTRETIS View Post
Try this:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...6&postcount=36